• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 10th April at 20:00 (GMT) Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Crystal Palace win

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Further evidence you're completely blinkered if you think he's the only one trying. And how did YOU think he played last night, assuming you watched that is.....
Sanchez was poor last night. Yes he tried his tricks around the box, but gave the ball away on numerous occasions, and more crucially, never helped out Monreal. At least Walcott was back trying to help Bellerin on occasions.

For the first goal, if you watch the replay, Monreal has two players to mark and Sanchez is standing on the half way line. These's no way he could stop the cross. The second goal also came from the right.

Got a lot of time for Nacho, he played his heart out. Our best player last night, and the last couple of games too.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There is no attacking instruction. No defensive instruction.
And if there is, there is no way of telling. Yesterday sitting at the side line watching it up close it was dire to say the least. No wonder Mustafi was struggling. Bellerin and Walcott give no cover what so ever in the transition from offence to defence. It's like Mustafi has to cover all of the right side by himself. The space he had in front of him was just unreal.

And no intensity what so ever. Just dire.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

At least Walcott was back trying to help Bellerin on occasions.
LOL! Bellerin was so ****ing high up the pitch I couldn't make him out anymore. Both he and Walcott were absolute s**t! At least Monreal understands he has some defensive duties.

Regarding Sachez: He was the only player taking the game to Palace. All the Palace fans around me were worried when he got the ball. Trust me, they did not worry when Walcott had it!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Further proof that you don't actually watch us play and just enjoy seeing your words in print. Anyone with eyes could see that on many matchdays this season he has in fact been the only trying and the only one who appears to care.
With you on this one. Anyone who b*****s about Sanchez needs their head examined. We have issues, but it sure as h**l isn't with Sanchez's effort. At least he tries to attack the opposition with some vigour. The rest, I am not so sure.

To Be A Rock

With you on this one. Anyone who b*****s about Sanchez needs their head examined. We have issues, but it sure as h**l isn't with Sanchez's effort. At least he tries to attack the opposition with some vigour. The rest, I am not so sure.

Aah, you evoke one of the 3 Mania rules - Giroud is Rubbish and Henry is an untouchable perfect God being the other two. So Sanchez cannot be criticised? WHY? He was awful last night in my opinion. What do YOU think of his performance? How much effort does he put into standing with his hands on his hips shaking his head or looking up to the heavens and puffing his cheeks out? Of course, that wouldn't be for the cameras would it??!! One word - PERSPECTIVE

Red&Dreadjm

And if there is, there is no way of telling. Yesterday sitting at the side line watching it up close it was dire to say the least. No wonder Mustafi was struggling. Bellerin and Walcott give no cover what so ever in the transition from offence to defence. It's like Mustafi has to cover all of the right side by himself. The space he had in front of him was just unreal.

And no intensity what so ever. Just dire.

Remember the much derided SQuillaci who arrived with a good reputation?

Former Gunner Sebastien Squillaci says that the way Arsène Wenger set up his teams to attack contributed to how many goals the team conceded.

The 35 year old is currently enjoying an Indian summer to his career at Bastia, having left Arsenal in 2013.

He arrived from Sevilla in 2010 but things, by his own admission, did not go well for him at the club. He barely played in his last two seasons, and he’s now shone a little bit of light on the defensive issues that the club still experience to this day.

Speaking to The Ligue 1 Show on beIN Sports, he said, “It’s true a lot was expected from me when I arrived. But it’s always been difficult for central defenders at Arsenal.

“You can see that from before my time and after my time. The style of play was a bit like Spain’s. It was very open, and often we found ourselves defending in the middle one on one with the opposition attackers. It was never easy. It was very attacking. But that was the club’s philosophy.

“I talked about it with coach Wenger. He told me, ‘I know it’s difficult, but I want us to play like this, I want the attacking players to have more freedom and less defensive work’.”

To Be A Rock

Sanchez was poor last night. Yes he tried his tricks around the box, but gave the ball away on numerous occasions, and more crucially, never helped out Monreal. At least Walcott was back trying to help Bellerin on occasions.

For the first goal, if you watch the replay, Monreal has two players to mark and Sanchez is standing on the half way line. These's no way he could stop the cross. The second goal also came from the right.

Got a lot of time for Nacho, he played his heart out. Our best player last night, and the last couple of games too.

True, I thought Nacho was our brightest last night among some pretty dull performances. It's more than frustrating the constant Sanchez untouchable love in when he did very little last night but chase his own tail and give the ball away aside from a coupleof half decent efforts.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

But it’s always been difficult for central defenders at Arsenal.

“You can see that from before my time and after my time. The style of play was a bit like Spain’s. It was very open, and often we found ourselves defending in the middle one on one with the opposition attackers. It was never easy. It was very attacking. But that was the club’s philosophy.

“I talked about it with coach Wenger. He told me, ‘I know it’s difficult, but I want us to play like this, I want the attacking players to have more freedom and less defensive work’.”
Think being a CB with us must be so freaking hard. If you look good in that position with us you are a god in my view. The amount of one-on-one they face is not funny. It's no wonder e.g. Mustafi has all these last ditch tackles etc. It's because he has to. He really has no ****ing choice. It's desperation time all the time.

I have complained about Bellerin and Walcott, but Xhaka is not much better. At least Elneny keeps to his position but Xhaka is some deep playmaker / defensive midfielder that cannot cover or tackle. All he is looking for is that 40y pass.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Aah, you evoke one of the 3 Mania rules - Giroud is Rubbish and Henry is an untouchable perfect God being the other two. So Sanchez cannot be criticised? WHY? He was awful last night in my opinion. What do YOU think of his performance? How much effort does he put into standing with his hands on his hips shaking his head or looking up to the heavens and puffing his cheeks out? Of course, that wouldn't be for the cameras would it??!! One word - PERSPECTIVE
Sorry, think I made myself clear on what I thought about Sanchez several times in this thread.

Look, we are playing really poorly as a team right now. In my view I don't see Sanchez as a big problem. Yes, he has his better and worse games. The real issue right now is how disorganised we are. Don't think anyone can play well in our team right now.

Also, no need to start making things up on what I think and/or write. If you want a straw man you can debate then please make him up but leave me out of it please.

To Be A Rock

Sorry, think I made myself clear on what I thought about Sanchez several times in this thread.

Look, we are playing really poorly as a team right now. In my view I don't see Sanchez as a big problem. Yes, he has his better and worse games. The real issue right now is how disorganised we are. Don't think anyone can play well in our team right now.

Also, no need to start making things up on what I think and/or write. If you want a straw man you can debate then please make him up but leave me out of it please.

Sorry, I'mnot going to trawl through the thread to read you systematically take the team apart, far too coma inducing. Interesting that I 'start making things up' on what you think.... Haha. Actually that's impossible because most of the time there's no evidence you actually DO any thinking, especially about Sanchez. And all that hero worship is bad for the knees in so many ways

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sorry, I'mnot going to trawl through the thread to read you systematically take the team apart, far too coma inducing. Interesting that I 'start making things up' on what you think.... Haha. Actually that's impossible because most of the time there's no evidence you actually DO any thinking, especially about Sanchez. And all that hero worship is bad for the knees in so many ways
You're embarrassing yourself mate.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
That's the whole point Rocky, they're not reliable. A lot of them are injury prone and inconsistent.

When Conte went to Chelsea it was different. The players were in dispute with Mourinho but they still had the lowest injury record in the league.

The new manager has a hell of a job to sort this out.

That's my point though, a new manager would have a big job on their hands. So big that there will be no mass clear out of 8 players this summer like you suggest. The need for improved players cover the whole squad.

Those players are vaguely reliable though, whilst still being average in relation to the competition. I've already said I agree many of them aren't really good enough, but the point is they are sort of reliable and seasoned. They've finished top 4 for years. For instance, I don't rate a player like Walcott very highly, but in a moneyball sense, you can bank on him to score enough goals to get you points, despite the fact he usually misses a period through injury and loss of form because he's streaky and technically very poor in terms of dribbling.

The whole squad is littered with too many average players like that who do a reliable job but don't look like going up a level and becoming players who make a difference at that level they've been trying to compete at. The question is where do you start? Given that herculean task, a new manager would need to see how they respond to decide.

First jobs will be to try to find replacements for Alexis and Cazorla and see what's going to happen with Wilshere.

Alexis, Wilshere, Ox, Özil, Gibbs are all in strong positions with their contracts running down.

Bellerin, Iwobi, and Koscielny will be held on to. Mustafi, Xhaka, Holding, Chambers will all probably need to be given more time to prove themselves.

Cech/Ospina will probably need to stay unless someone comes in and back Szcesny for a return from his loan.

Then the rest of the players like Lucas, Welbeck, Walcott, ElNeny, Coquelin, Gabriel, Debuchy, Campbell will have to fight for squad places.

With that much to be sorted out, reliable players like Monreal, Metesacker and Giroud will likely need to stay to help the transition.

The way you talk is as if there is this easy way to come in and move out 8 players and bring in new bodies, but the reality is, there isn't as much wiggle room as you imply and those core of average and under performing players will mostly need to be given a season to prove themselves before being phased out.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
By actually asking for an opinion? For daring to not fall at Sanchez' feet? Or for disagreeing with the 'trend'? And who are you exactly? Was I in conversation with you about the game? 'mate'??? Oh dear
You're on a thread mate. Technically you're in convo with everyone here. Fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom