• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 10th April at 20:00 (GMT) Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Crystal Palace win

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Has anyone seen the AFTV when bully gets so triggered (and doesn't want to direct it at Wenger) so he spends a good few minutes ranting about Iwobi's lack of shin pads.

What a silly man. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We only 1 point worse at this stage last season that explains we are not improving at all going backward instead
This means that at some point in the last few years Wenger lost it.

This is just the first year he's actually had competition. Poor.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
After careful thought and consideration I've come to the conclusion

I-just-want-it-to-stop-GIF.gif

Deathstroke

The Terminator
This means that at some point in the last few years Wenger lost it.

This is just the first year he's actually had competition. Poor.

Indeed. While we've earned a point less from 2015-16, everyone else in the top 7 has improved their points tally.

"There is an argument that Arsenal are only a point worse off than the same stage last season so the ‘crisis’ is fabricated, but look at the Gunners’ rivals in comparison with their performance in what was a pathetic campaign which ended with Leicester’s triumph: Chelsea (+31 points), Tottenham (+7), Liverpool (+12), Manchester City (+7), Manchester United (+7) and Everton (+14)."

http://www.football365.com/news/six-reasons-why-its-really-time-to-go-Arsène

kopzilla

Always Negative
This loss is actually good for us...Wenger himself is banging the nail in his own coffin at Arsenal.

No way will Kroenke give him another contract if we fall out of top 4.

If the board doesn't mind giving 8m a year to a manager who believes its okay to be mediocre, surely that 8m can attract a top quality manager who can really revive us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This loss is actually good for us...Wenger himself is banging the nail in his own coffin at Arsenal.
I understand this reasoning but I struggle with it emotionally. I want Arsenal to win games. The last thing I want is for us to be humiliated.

I want Wenger to retire in grace but I want him out. Just struggle if the prize is this type of humiliation. Might be the only way, but it sure tastes like the turd sandwich it is...

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I understand this reasoning but I struggle with it emotionally. I want Arsenal to win games. The last thing I want is for us to be humiliated.

I want Wenger to retire in grace but I want him out. Just struggle if the prize is this type of humiliation. Might be the only way, but it sure tastes like the turd sandwich it is...
Unless hes stays and turns things abround big time, he can't leave with grace. All the pundits spouting the 'be careful what you wish for,' are saying he should leave. I have a mate who has supported Arsenal for about 50 years or more, who always supports anything Arsenal and always stood by Wenger and even he is now criticising him.

To Be A Rock

Unless hes stays and turns things abround big time, he can't leave with grace. All the pundits spouting the 'be careful what you wish for,' are saying he should leave. I have a mate who has supported Arsenal for about 50 years or more, who always supports anything Arsenal and always stood by Wenger and even he is now criticising him.

Like your mate, I've followed us for some 46 years now (my first 'live' match) and have always supported. And always will. I'll criticise Wenger when I think he's wrong, and have done many times. But leaving with grace will largely depend on the 'fans' and media. Ex-players like Smith have been disgusting in my view the way he wants us to fail and slavers over defeats, and I just hope that when the time comes the idiots don't ruin it with banners or flyovers or worse. Despite failings on the pitch (let's face it, if 6th is the worst in 20 years then things aren't really THAT awful) as a club Arsenal have always acted in a classy, proper way. May that not be forgotten or thrown aside....

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They were different problems. Bellerin was caught up field too much, he's lost his crossing ability and positional sense.

On the left Monreal was excellent he attacked intelligently and defended really well. But, he was left on his own against two players too often, like he has been in a number of matches this season. Particularly when Sanchez or Iwobi have been on the left.

The balance between the wide forwards and full backs is badly wrong. We need more orthodox width.

We play a 4-2-3-1 whereby Wenger gives free reign to the 3 attacking midfielders, who generally always cut inside and congest the middle trying to play one-two's. This leaves acres of space on the flanks, which, if the full backs didn't move into, would have opposition wingers charging at them at will.

So Bellerin and Monreal are forced to press higher up the pitch. This then leaves the CBs exposed to 1-on-1 situations when there are turnovers. The 2 holding midfielders are basically bypassed by the opposition because one ball over the top or out wide and they are taken out of it completely. It doesn't take a great team to exploit that.

It's an utter shambles, but a lot of it starts with Wenger's philosophy of giving so many advanced players the freedom of the pitch. Not even Neymar gets that at Barcelona. You have to be a very, very good side (technical and athletic) to execute the strategy Wenger's trying to pull off, but there has to come a time where you just recognise the need to defend. We've conceded 1 goal more than 19th place Middlesbrough this season. That's embarassing.

Deathstroke

The Terminator

What, this guy?

Kroenke - How to lose a fanbase.jpg

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_b3fe8661-19d4-5daa-8db1-d8ccb05288ca.html

"Rams coach Jeff Fisher lost eight of his last nine games to streak to the top (or is it the bottom?) of the NFL record book for most losses in a career. On Sunday, he tied Dan Reeves at 165 losses, but the Rams fired him Monday, before he had a chance to break the record."

and this (notice the similarities with us):

"Just one week after confirming a contract extension for head coach Jeff Fisher, the Los Angeles Rams announced Monday afternoon they had fired Fisher.

“Making a decision such as this — especially during the season — is one of the most difficult in sports,” Rams owner Stan Kroenke said in a statement released by the team. “I have great respect for Jeff as a coach, a father, and a friend.”

A couple of weeks ago when defending Fisher’s job performance, team executive Kevin Demoff indicated that Fisher was being judged on more than simply wins and losses. On Monday, Demoff seemed to contradict those statements.

The in-season move was out of character for Kroenke, who took over controlling interest in the team in 2010. Even in the case of Steve Spagnuolo, who staggered to the finish line with a record of 10-38, Kroenke waited until the end of Spagnuolo’s third season to make a move.

But with fans already staying away in droves in LA, and with PSLs to sell for a new stadium scheduled to open in 2019 in nearby Inglewood, the Rams decided to make the move now."

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If the board doesn't mind giving 8m a year to a manager who believes its okay to be mediocre, surely that 8m can attract a top quality manager who can really revive us.

What makes you think Top 4 is a priority for Kroenke? As long as we are in the Premier League, selling out every week, making millions from merchandise and sponsorship deals (which won't go away without Top 4), that dude is happy. In fact he'll probably see Wenger's departure as an opportunity to appoint an inexperienced coach on half that salary and save 4m a year.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

The balance between the wide forwards and full backs is badly wrong. We need more orthodox width.

We play a 4-2-3-1 whereby Wenger gives free reign to the 3 attacking midfielders, who generally always cut inside and congest the middle trying to play one-two's. This leaves acres of space on the flanks, which, if the full backs didn't move into, would have opposition wingers charging at them at will.

So Bellerin and Monreal are forced to press higher up the pitch. This then leaves the CBs exposed to 1-on-1 situations when there are turnovers. The 2 holding midfielders are basically bypassed by the opposition because one ball over the top or out wide and they are taken out of it completely. It doesn't take a great team to exploit that.

It's an utter shambles, but a lot of it starts with Wenger's philosophy of giving so many advanced players the freedom of the pitch. Not even Neymar gets that at Barcelona. You have to be a very, very good side (technical and athletic) to execute the strategy Wenger's trying to pull off, but there has to come a time where you just recognise the need to defend. We've conceded 1 goal more than 19th place Middlesbrough this season. That's embarassing.
The 4,2,3,1 system is fine as long as when you lose the ball the two wingers and full backs drop quickly back forming a 442.

But they have to be disciplined else the midfield gets dragged over to the flanks leaving the centre open. Or worse the CBs get pulled over.

When we beat Man C away in January 2015 it worked a treat. Ox and Alexis tracked back the whole game and worked their socks off. It was a superb performance. What went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom