• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Tottenham vs Arsenal | 30th April 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumped

That's what a team that is excellently coached can do. The ****s were relentless on and off the ball. In those combined XIs leading up to the game everyone debated Walker/Rose....well Trippier/Davies ****ing shut us down.

Don't tell me Wanyama and Dier midfield pairing is more talented than ours. Yet we got tramped over in midfield.

Cech was superb, Gibbs did his best and didn't do anything wrong and Gabriel too did ok. Rest were all over the shop. I include Sanchez.

Sanis

It's unlikely we will sign top players, especially without champions league. Next season at least give young players a chance (and we have good ones) and get rid of deadwood.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The sad thing about all this is that we're not even fun to watch.. If we're going to suck, at least play attacking and entertaining football..

Would love for some of the youngsters to get a chance in the remaining games if/as soon as top4 is out of reach.. Need something to look forward to in the coming games.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
it's funny fans and pundits alike are now unanimous in saying the squad is missing this and that and needs an overhaul when I quite clearly remember everyone being chuffed with the summer business and only really questioning the CF position...

Considering how shambolic the previous summer had been, with no outfielder being signed, most people were happy Wenger was finally looking to address the spine of the team by signing 2 CBs, a CM & CF. Given the sizable transfer fees mentioned, everyone naturally assumed these new players would strengthen and take us forward.

Stumped

It's unlikely we will sign top players, especially without champions league. Next season at least give young players a chance (and we have good ones) and get rid of deadwood.

We rarely signed top players with champions league.

We need change across the ranks. Manager, coaches, players, philosophy and ambition. This club is stale.

Change can happen quick. Three years ago that lot were behind Everton.....

Deathstroke

The Terminator
We also don't even shoot when we play well.

Yeah, what the f*ck is up with that? We don't even deliver a final ball properly; it either hits the first man or there's nobody home in a prime position for a shot.

I made the mistake of looking up some goals during your Henry-Mbappe debate yesterday, and I remember very well how our earlier team(s) used to pepper the opposition goal with shots. A stark contrast from our style these days, best described as a lot of straining eventually producing a fairy fart.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
They had numerous shots, way more than us, and looked far likelier to score; Cech had to make 9 saves, as that earlier-posted stat shows, while we rarely looked threatening. I'd say we played quite badly.
Ah, I suppose it's a relative, I thought we'd be 3 nil down after 20 mins and we kept them at bay for longer.

Preacher

Always Crying
C-rYnIYXoAEXrpA.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, what the f*ck is up with that? We don't even deliver a final ball properly; it either hits the first man or there's nobody home in a prime position for a shot.

I made the mistake of looking up some goals during your Henry-Mbappe debate yesterday, and I remember very well how our earlier team(s) used to pepper the opposition goal with shots. A stark contrast from our style these days, best described as a lot of straining eventually producing a fairy fart.

I went one better and watched some of an old invincible game just to remind myself of how Wenger used to set his team up. A traditional 4-4-2 with pace and strength all over the pitch. Direct fast 1 touch football not based on possession at all, but creating attempts on goal with shots coming from all angles. What the hell are we doing now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Couldn't watch game live so recored it and stayed away from phone, laptop and TV. Just finished watching the game. We could easily have been down 2-0 after what 20 min. when Alli and Eriksen missed their two chances. Especially Eriksen's should have been a goal. Think once we weathered the first 20 minutes that we grew into the game, but then after halftime they got to us relatively easily.

Also feel that the 3-4-3 gives us a bit better defensive solidity. At least it helps to have three CBs. Just not sure why he didn't play Holding as the left CB and had Gibbs come in instead. Also, why to we keep persisting with Giroud? He doesn't run a lot, is slower than slow. If we sit back he is the worst option to have up front. We just cannot break on a counter with him. And since I have written so much negative about him. Felt Ramsey played well in the first half. Well, at least better than in previous games.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

We don't move, there is nobody to pass because we are so frekkin static

and it is an inherent sickness in Arsenal, players with great shots in their feet come to Arsenal and get inflicted with the pass pass pass diddly squat mentallity sooner rather then later ):

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Alexis at least tried, and even Ramsey

Arsenal should not be playing for a draw against Sp**s, n0t at home and certainly not in the last ever NLD, we should have csent them a message, yeah you might finish ahead of us but we still took a crap in the house you grew up in!

Wiltshire

What made me truly angry was the Welbeck sub, there was nothing resembling a plan there and from that point on Sp**s just had fun trying to get a third.

Even if we got lucky a couple of times on the first half the game looked winnable and it's perfectly understandable to switch up after they broke the deadlock, but there's a huge difference between changing tactics and just throwing the squad's buffoon on the pitch and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom