• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
If we might end up selling Özil and Sanchez we will be back to bones again we are not capable to attract top players because we have a board who doenst give a **** only wants to make money tired of it.

its time for a big big change up top.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Offer Alexis and Özil £350K per week...enough of this BS. Just think how much it would cost to replace them. We should build around them...not from zero. They both just want to win trophies and so do the fans. So spend some ******** money and let's make Arsenal great again!!!

This is most likely about more than money. Sanchez is a world class player. He wants to play with other world class players, in the most prestigious club tournament, ie CL.

Wilshere1010

It has to be Bayern or nothing. Hope the club have made that clear to him. We can't sell him to a direct rival for any price, I'd honestly rather get another season out of him with an addition like Mbappe (dreaming) or Lacazette, and then lose him on a free next summer.

junglist57

Established Member
Please translate. I see nothing on my screen. Feed me rumours!

Its Danny Welbeck with a crew cut, wearing the new #7 shirt, with his shorts pulled up over his bulging tanned thighs. He has a couple of large golden retriever dogs by his side which look a bit sad, almost like they've been kidnapped or recently stolen from their owner. Danny looks happy though, and it looks like he's mouthing the words 'i'm the fecking daddy now blud'.......

The image is extremely provocative and has almost moved me to tears.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not long ago Wenger explained that Alexis with one year left only has a value of £8m to the club on the basis we paid £32m for 4 years. I understood his point but the way I see it he is worth £50m to the club and that's why I think he will be sold now rather than go for free next summer. Obviously to get him to sign a new contract would be the best outcome but I don't think he will sign one, hence off this summer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Its Danny Welbeck with a crew cut, wearing the new #7 shirt, with his shorts pulled up over his bulging tanned thighs. He has a couple of large golden retriever dogs by his side which look a bit sad, almost like they've been kidnapped or recently stolen from their owner. Danny looks happy though, and it looks like he's mouthing the words 'i'm the fecking daddy now blud'.......

The image is extremely provocative and has almost moved me to tears.
Thank you for a great laugh though

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not long ago Wenger explained that Alexis with one year left only has a value of £8m to the club on the basis we paid £32m for 4 years. I understood his point but the way I see it he is worth £50m to the club and that's why I think he will be sold now rather than go for free next summer. Obviously to get him to sign a new contract would be the best outcome but I don't think he will sign one, hence off this summer.

Could also be the other way round, with one year left and a value of 8m Wenger may see that as we can run down his contract and let him go on a free next summer as its not much value.

@Mark Tobias pic of Alexis in the new kit :D

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Could also be the other way round, with one year left and a value of 8m Wenger may see that as we can run down his contract and let him go on a free next summer as its not much value.

@Mark Tobias pic of Alexis in the new kit :D

Yes that's exactly what Wenger meant, as I said, I understood what he was saying but the fact is we can sell him now for £50m, so how can anyone say he is only worth £8m to the club. Its all talk, if Alexis wont sign a new contract I am certain Wenger will sell him now for the money. Tbh, it would be the right option as long as we spend that money on top players.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
One More in the Tolly

Some of them are good posters...one guy called MDGoonah was an excellent one. However, I dislike their cliquish snobby behaviour.

This forum is much better...feels like home to me when I'm watching matches.

First I've ever heard of it. You know, in South Africa a tolly is a castrated calf. :p

Wilshere1010

Yes that's exactly what Wenger meant, as I said, I understood what he was saying but the fact is we can sell him now for £50m, so how can anyone say he is only worth £8m to the club. Its all talk, if Alexis wont sign a new contract I am certain Wenger will sell him now for the money. Tbh, it would be the right option as long as we spend that money on top players.
But not to City though. If it's abroad then fine, but we can't sell him to a direct rival.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Personally don't really buy that, and I'm not a fan of letting players see out their contracts.

Would much prefer to club to make a decent off to Alexis and then tell him he can go off if he doesn't want to be here.

I think you have to consider the situation. What Alexis will bring this season in terms of getting back into the Champions League at the very least and hopefully challenging for the title is far more valuable than £50 million or whatever they might get from selling him. He's not a player who can easily be replaced. By selling him, you make the task of moving up the table more difficult and risk falling even further behind.

And it's not as though Arsenal needs the money now, as might have been the case when they sold Van Persie. The club is on quite sound financial footing. They don't need to be a selling club. Plus, if you sell Alexis you send a negative message. If you keep him, you show a sign of strength. Besides, even if he doesn't sign a new contract this summer, you still have a whole season to convince him and a title run might just do that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can't wait till he sees Mbappe outperform him and give him a bollocking for losing the ball 1267 times a game.

I bet that would be the the last time we ever see Alexis give us attitude on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom