• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeNwT

He only started playing as a striker in 2013/14. His stats look much much better if you look from that point onwards.
I know, I didn't want to go on or try to impose an Henry comparison but Lacazette is a gifted player. I've never seen annoyone curl the ball or strike with such a clean technique. It's like he's wearing custom boots

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
MBappe is separate to Lacazette where money is concerned. Last summer we had separate cash to make big striker signing alongside other signings. Ultimately we didn't make one.

That big buy money has been supplemented. Also we are selling a lot of players.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Can't say I'm happy with this at all, sounds far too much like another Giroud esque CF.... Not bad in itself but the level we need to challenge for trophies? I doubt it.

Losing Sanchez and replacing him with only Lacazette would be a complete and utter disaster, which is unlikely to happen, after ladt season's fans revolts.

So I guess there'll be room for one more big signing, hopefully not one as underwhelming as this.....

As of Lacazette, I'll of course give him a chance, as I did with Giroud. Hopefully he shuts me.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can't say I'm happy with this at all, sounds far too much like another Giroud esque CF.... Not bad in itself but the level we need to challenge for trophies? I doubt it.

Losing Sanchez and replacing him with only Lacazette would be a complete and utter disaster, which is unlikely to happen, after ladt season's fans revolts.

So I guess there'll be room for one more big signing, hopefully not one as underwhelming as this.....

As of Lacazette, I'll of course give him a chance, as I did with Giroud. Hopefully he shuts me.

There is a chance we don't buy someone to replace Alexis.

---------New cm-----Xhaka
Özil---------------------------------Ramsey
--------------------Lacazette

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

If you're buying a new CM you might as well keep Ramsey there and buy someone like Lemar or Mahrez to play behind the striker. Ramsey isn't creative enough to play there.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I've done a lot of research on this player and whilst I wasn't too keen on signing him at first, I have to admit I'd welcome his arrival now.

Depending on where you research Lacazette has 129 goals in 252 appearances & 100 goals in 203 Ligue 1 appearances (30 as a sub)

Lacazette is the best striker available. Taking into account our rivals won't sell young or accomplished strikers to us, Lacazette is the best option. I don't understand the lack of credibility now. If Sanchez leaves and Lacazette is our best forward I get we're stuck in Europa league era but if a 25+ goal a season winger leaves any club you're f****d

I urge everyone to watch the link below
. I'll also post a small clip from a debate on Lacazette where the pundit points out that he'd rather play against Giroud as a defender than Lacazette. Which is the highest form of praise from an ex professional footballer.

I don't think many of us have really researched Lacazette as he's actually outstanding and scored some incredible goals. Statistically & visually he holds his own. Other strikers will just try to strike the ball accurately, Lacazette is surprisingly intelligent, from movement, timing, technique and positioning. I honestly think he's better than all of our strikers put together. He also has a Henryesque demeanour from feinting three shots and chipping the keeper to converting penalties with his weaker foot, this guy just doesn't stop.

Just to add to this excellent post, from the same YouTube account-- All 33 assists for Lyon and a review of his last season (including more of his gameplay rather than the goals he scored):

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

We'd lose quite some goals/assists by not replacing Sanchez, can't see anyone of the current squad members stepping up as considerably as they would have to.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I think it's obvious that we will make another winger signing if Alexis leaves. We needed a striker whether Alexis stays or not, this signing if it happens shouldn't have an effect on Alexis at all.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No doubt we have him set up as a back up option. I don't think Mbappe has made his decision yet so I douby we would finalise a deal with Lacazette until that happens.
I'm probably being delusional but maybe we've just advanced Lacazette negotiations to the point where we can instantly agree a deal as soon as Mbappe rejects us. That seems like the common sense thing to do but it would also be negotiating in bad faith, not sure what Wenger is like in that regard.

Last edited:
@just visiting
Love your posts, first off all

And second; whats the word in Lyon about this move?
Thanks.

We know that lacaz will move this summer, it was already and chance to have it for so long when we know how voracious big clubs are with young gifted players.
Everything was ok for a deal with atletico but tansfer ban...
It seems that the deal will be with you. Reports from here and from england say the same thing : a deal with arsenal for about 44/49£ plus may be addons (just 44M£ would be surprisingly low)

He's a top player (so) much better than Giroud despites some posts (and I like Giroud I'd like him as a replacement for lacaz').
First season as a striker 22 goals at 22
The next 3 : 32, 23, 37. (with a total of 23 pk)

That's 114 goals as a striker in 4 seasons, Wo PK, 91 goals in his first 4 seasons as a striker. Find someone with figures that impressive and tell me he worthes less than 50M

Edit :
The transfer will probably be official in July so don't be surprised if it takes a few days to be closed

BobP

Memri Fan

World class...

:lol:

Can't even do the business against ****ing Dijon.

Fans on here are just desperate for a striker, any striker.

Reactions: BBF

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What I like about Lacazette is how he protects the ball and even though he moved to the striker position late in his development, it fits him to a T. He's a predator, and selfish in front of goal. We need that. Any good striker will score for fun with Alexis and Özil's vision feeding their runs. Its just disappointing because unlike Lacazette, Mbappe is a generational talent. But I think we'll get over that quickly once he starts scoring for us.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Lacazette is an upgrade on what we have, and thats all that matters. My only problem with this deal is why didn't we do it last year.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You're scaring me Bob, stop it please.
What's scaring you? I saw a striker thats threatening, can run in behind, created a couple chances for his team too and had a tough night in front of goal. There's compilations like that for Cristiano, Cavani, Aguero etc. Every striker has those games. I do like that he took that pen late so chill, he was obviously frustrated with his finishing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

World class...

:lol:

Can't even do the business against ****ing Dijon.

Fans on here are just desperate for a striker, any striker.

Suarez had an off day once, must be rubbish as well?

Absolute mongoloid of the highest order. By the way from that video I'm taking that he has incredible movement, he's fantastic on the ball and skips past players and also seems to be great at bringing others into play.

If you aren't happy with this signing for £44m then there's something wrong with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom