• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

150 appearances? Might well be true, but the minutes are the big thing. Debuchy for example adds one appearance onto those '150 appearances' but he only played 17 minutes...

This is league only -

Walcott - 1925 minutes
Giroud - 1198 minutes
Perez - 265 minutes

Okay so your three players there who're essentially being replaced by Lacazette, who will start up top. He'd no doubt play the same minutes as Alexis/Özil which is around 3000.

Then you have the midfield. Coquelin and Wilshere with a combined 1786 minutes for Arsenal. Too much for Keita to replace by himself?

Mertesacker and Gabriel played 37 and 1516 premier league minutes. I'd actually keep Mertesacker as he's great in the dressing room and can happily retire here for all I care. But yeah Van Dijk for Gabriel. 1516 minutes for Van Dijk to replace.

Gibbs played 702 league minutes, Debuchy 17 and Joel Campbell 0.

While this is all entirely hypothetical, to say four starting players in couldn't replace 10 outfield players who's league minutes added to 7446 minutes is absurd.

That shows how much deadwood we have that Wenger simply doesn't rate. Get 2 players out and replace with one of top top quality.
You're losing 3 players who all played a significant role in one competition or another and replacing them with one striker who would be new to the league... come on man.

You're getting rid of players who are used in squad rotation for cups and when injuries happen. Gibbs played 1618 minutes of football in all competitions. If a you take too many squad players out you end up over playing some players who simply can't handle those extra minutes, be that because of age or simply fatigue from not enough recovery.
Gabriel - 2087 minutes
Giroud - 1750+
Walcott - 2500
Perez - 950+
Coq - 2300
Wilshere coming back from putting in over 2000minutes for Bournemouth, when we all know we could have used him at different points this season due to injuries and suspensions.

Whilst Ospina wouldn't be a worry if woj does stay, losing too many other is a problem.

You don't cull so many players from a squad, the idea is that you have two players for every position and every season you upgrade a couple of positions and sell the 2nd string players who would effectively be 3rd choice.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You're losing 3 players who all played a significant role in one competition or another and replacing them with one striker who would be new to the league... come on man.

You're getting rid of players who are used in squad rotation for cups and when injuries happen. Gibbs played 1618 minutes of football in all competitions. If a you take too many squad players out you end up over playing some players who simply can't handle those extra minutes, be that because of age or simply fatigue from not enough recovery.
Gabriel - 2087 minutes
Giroud - 1750+
Walcott - 2500
Perez - 950+
Coq - 2300
Wilshere (not Wilshere ffs) coming back from putting in over 2000minutes for Bournemouth, when we all know we could have used him at different points this season due to injuries and suspensions.

Whilst Ospina wouldn't be a worry if woj does stay, losing too many other is a problem.

You don't cull so many players from a squad, the idea is that you have two players for every position and every season you upgrade a couple of positions and sell the 2nd string players who would effectively be 3rd choice.

I'd rather play the kids in Europa league, capital one cup.

Maitland Niles, Iwobi, Jeff Reine and the two other youngsters we've promoted can come in.

We have plenty enough, with four signings, to get rid of whom I said.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
West Ham United are challenging Lyon for the signing of Olivier Giroud and are ready to make the France and Arsenal striker the most expensive player in their history.

Arsenal are trying to complete their own club-record deal for Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette that will place a further question mark over Giroud and, while Arsène Wenger would still ideally like to keep his range of attacking options, he knows that the 30-year-old wants regular first-team football ahead of next summer’s World Cup.

It means that Arsenal are likely to be open to selling Giroud if they can complete a deal for Lacazette – which would cost £49 million before potential add-ons – and West Ham would like to make the former Montpellier striker the attacking centrepiece of their summer. They are understood to be willing to match or even marginally exceed Giroud’s current £120,000-a-week salary and pay a transfer fee of around £20 million for a player with three years still remaining on his contract.

Giroud is highly valued by Wenger, not least for how he provides such a distinct attacking option, but he struggled to start regularly even last season when he was scoring at the fastest rate of any Arsenal player. Although Arsenal are still hoping to sign two from Lacazette and Monaco’s Kylian Mbappé and Thomas Lemar, they are also preparing for departures.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ed-break-club-transfer-record-olivier-giroud/

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Perhaps but the biggest question is are they additions or replacements

Probably replacements for Giroud and Lucas.

Did you see the Dembele to man city rumour floating? I think that's an indication that Alexis probably will stay as well.

Would we be happy with -

Alexis
Özil
Welbeck
Walcott
Lacazette
Lemar
Iwobi

As our forward options?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He's 30 now. I can't recall when have we ever signed a 30 year old outfield player..?

Don't personally think its relevant for a CM this summer, we need someone that can rotate with Ramsey who has a massive engine. Matuidi fits the bill perfectly and is very cheap despite his age. Would be an unreal signing.

Banega is close to signing for PSG so Matuidi is definitely off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom