• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Matuidi going to be cheap because he got 1 year left in his contract and PSG put him for sale. i think PSG will let him go for under 20M euros.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
True but I didn't know who Petit was when we signed him. This is a bigger statement in my opinion, well if it goes through.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Why for united and not for us?

Because Mourinho loves this type of players.
Even Fellaini does a job for them :lol:

The issue with matuidi is his lack of technique. He's so limited with his feet. A bit like Coquelin for us. That's why I don't think he'd be good for Arsenal.
Actually PSG fans are very happy to sell him because Blaise Matuidi is clearly the bottleneck of their midfield.
He's useless in a team which has more than 60% of the ball during a game.

He has an incredible working ethic. he gives 200% every single game. He has a great engine. Incredible physical qualities. But he hasn't got the technical abilities for the top level IMO.

At best he's just another Ramires.

PSG kept him so long for his working ethic, & political reasons. They needed to keep a few french players in their team. Matuidi was one of them.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Because Mourinho loves this type of players.
Even Fellaini does a job for them :lol:

The issue with matuidi is his lack of technique. He's so limited with his feet. A bit like Coquelin for us. That's why I don't think he'd be good for Arsenal.
Actually PSG fans are very happy to sell him because Blaise Matuidi is clearly the bottleneck of their midfield.
He's useless in a team which has more than 60% of the ball during a game.

He has an incredible working ethic. he gives 200% every single game. He has a great engine. Incredible physical qualities. But he hasn't got the technical abilities for the top level IMO.

At best he's just another Ramires.

PSG kept him so long for his working ethic, & political reasons. They needed to keep a few french players in their team. Matuidi was one of them.
Yes but maybe that is what we need someone just to break up the play. You dont have to be technical to make a tackle.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Been following the Barca, Bellerin tap up saga.

Look at this today:

The club wants to sign Héctor Bellerín (Arsenal, 22) and Héctor Bellerín wants to sign for Barca . In fact, those who know him say that he is crazy to go back to wearing Barca and that if he does not he will have a terrible disgust, of which it is difficult to overcome horrors.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170627/423716566601/bellerin-tope-10-dias.html

They're literally, later on in the piece, telling Bellerin to force a move like Veratti and that Barca are surprised that we aren't even listening to offers as we are a selling club. :lol:

Last edited:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Yes but maybe that is what we need someone just to break up the play. You dont have to be technical to make a tackle.

Then why 90% of the people here wants Coquelin out?
Matuidi would be useless in a team like ours where we play mostly against teams sitting deep and doing nothing but defending.

neimad

Then why 90% of the people here wants Coquelin out?
Matuidi would be useless in a team like ours where we play mostly against teams sitting deep and doing nothing but defending.

Be nice to win those 10% of games too by having a centre midfielder that can help protect the back 3/4. Not sure if he is the one we need but an interesting rumour nonetheless.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Mate Matuidi actually has an engine and some football ability.

He's no better than Coquelin in football abilities. Trust me. I know him very well, since he was at Saint-Etienne.

He has a better engine that Coquelin & plays in a much more dominant team.
But he's clearly the weakness in PSG's midfield.

karl

This summer is starting to have the feeling of the year Podolski joined in 2012; a bit of early business followed by a lot of dithering and prices being raised to stop Arsène in his tracks. I am not so inspired by Lacazette, but you can see Arsenal trying to get him cheap and then talking themselves out of the transfer on cost grounds.

The club really need to get on quickly and not miss the boat this summer. Prices will only rise towards the end of the window and then again in January. They have considerable funds and if Arsène is serious about having some success in his final years, he has to be decisive and not worry about economics.

Also it seems we are on the verge of losing players we don't want to (Ox, Alexis and Szczesny) and keeping those I would rather see on their way (Wilshere, Walcott and Coquelin).

I really hope I am wrong and there is a change of policy.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This summer is starting to have the feeling of the year Podolski joined in 2012; a bit of early business followed by a lot of dithering and prices being raised to stop Arséne in his tracks. I am not so inspired by Lacazette, but you can see Arsenal trying to get him cheap and then talking themselves out of the transfer on cost grounds.

The club really need to get on quickly and not miss the boat this summer. Prices will only rise towards the end of the window and then again in January. They have considerable funds and if Arséne is serious about having some success in his final years, he has to be decisive and not worry about economics.

Also it seems we are on the verge of losing players we don't want to (Ox, Alexis and Szczesny) and keeping those I would rather see on their way (Wilshere, Walcott and Coquelin).

I really hope I am wrong and there is a change of policy.

We bought Cazorla and Giroud that summer as well, Giroud was announced on the 26th of June and Cazorla around the 2nd of August.

This summer, and every summer after it will be completely different because we have way more money now. Don't have to dither as much or penny pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom