• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Said this a few months ago, Özil will stay at Arsenal not because of any particular love for the club but rather a lack of top level suitors willing to pay his transfer free and wages.

His type of number 10 is a luxury in the modern game. We are probably the biggest club willing to build around him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Worth while having this open even if I don't see him going to Turkey yet. May as well look at China if he looking that kind of money.

Ewarwoowar

Worth while having this open even if I don't see him going to Turkey yet. May as well look at China if he looking that kind of money.
Yes can't believe I had to create this thread with such flimsy ****, beaucoup rumours regarding Sanchez possible departure, Özil approaching His final year and this.

Sounds preposterous, I know,,, for Özil to do this would be like going into like a semi early retirement, like a statement that He is not up for the fight, the challenge that top tier football can bring or the media and fan scrutiny that comes with it.

The 350,000 is ludicrous and very very suspect, thus most likely BS, but encouraging that amount will price him out of a move this summer.

One other thought though is the great drive lately to make football an even more massive global brand has freed up a lot of cash all around the world plus with lots of entities wanting in on this new movement could help subsidise this kind of move.

Why Özil? Özil whose ancestral roots are Turkish, He is world class would be a massive shot in the arm for the Turkish super league at a time when the two highest fan favourite rated players are Van Persie(33) and Nani(31), thus He is one they can call their own, great for business I'd say, very unlikely but not thoroughly beyond the realm of possibility.

Why Özil? Özil whose ancestral roots are Turkish, He is world class would be a massive shot in the arm for the Turkish super league at a time when the two highest fan favourite rated players are Van Persie(33) and Nani(31), thus He is one they can call their own, great for business I'd say, very unlikely but not thoroughly beyond the realm of possibility.

Nani is 30 and plays for Valencia.

Can see Özil playing in Turkey at some point, but this is way too soon to even consider to be a possibility.

Ewarwoowar

Nani is 30 and plays for Valencia.

Can see Özil playing in Turkey at some point, but this is way too soon to even consider to be a possibility.
You got Me on the Nani one:eek:ops:, had not realized He'd moved on, so that just leaves Rvp then, no other player comes even close(by about 50%)as a fan favourite in the Turkish league and He likely moves away from their this summer.

Your second point, the first part of my post, pretty much echoes what you are saying, that likelihood is close to zero, I was just sounding(or rambling)out, that it is not totally beyond the realm of possibility, strange things can happen, no matter how absurd.

Ewarwoowar

Özil Ready To Sign New Arsenal Deal Worth £280,000-per-week
Posted by Gill Clark June 1, 2017http://www.allarsenal.com/wp-content/uploads/Özil-2-1-640x400.jpg

Mesut Özil is finally ready to sign a new Arsenal deal and will put pen to paper on a new contract worth £280,000-per-week after dropping his wage demands, according to The Sun.

The latest reports had claimed that both Özil and Alexis Sanchez were holding out for £350,000-per-week in the wake of Arsène Wenger’s new deal.

However, Özil’s stance now appears to have softened and he is willing to accept the offer of £280,000-per-week that the club have already put forward.

It is understood that the Germany international has not received any serious offers from any other clubs and is now willing to sign a new long-term Arsenal deal.

However, Arsenal may find it harder to get Sanchez to commit his future to the club with both Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Manchester City all interested.

Carlo Ancelotti’s side appear to be favourites to land the Chilean currently, with the forward believed to be unwilling to move to the north west despite the possibility of a potential reunion with Pep Guardiola.

It’s also possible that Alexis could yet see out his contract, although that would mean he could walk away for free next summer if he does not extend.

While Özil staying would be a huge boost, the priority must surely be to get Sanchez, the club’s top goalscorer and talisman to stay and help inspire a genuine title challenge next season.

Read more: http://www.allarsenal.com/2017/06/a...nal-deal-worth-280000-per-week/#ixzz4in434JRz

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Very unlikely Özil going to Turkey. But the paper who reporting this story is very reliable

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I can see him going there eventually, not yet though.

Saying that IF he doesn't sign a new deal and leaves on a free next summer he'll probably end up at Besiktas.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I can see him going there eventually, not yet though.

Saying that IF he doesn't sign a new deal and leaves on a free next summer he'll probably end up at Besiktas.
Özil is still young and still world class player most top clubs in Europe will want him

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Özil is still young and still world class player most top clubs in Europe will want him

Disagree.

I think Özil himself is a bit disappointed about the lack of suitors, not many top clubs seems too eager on him. Although i can think of one - Man United with Mourinho.

I think he has already signed a new deal with us though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Disagree.

I think Özil himself is a bit disappointed about the lack of suitors, not many top clubs seems too eager on him. Although i can think of one - Man United with Mourinho.

I think he has already signed a new deal with us though.

Soon to be 29, I love him but he better buck his ideas up this season. Hopefully some new attacking players will help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom