• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If Alexis moved to City for 50m on 300k per week for four years it would cost 112.4m 400k pw on a five year deal with us will be 104m over the lifetime of the contract.

The boy isn't daft.

LacazetteAFC

If Alexis moved to City for 50m on 300k per week for four years it would cost 112.4m 400k pw on a five year deal with us will be 104m over the lifetime of the contract.

The boy isn't daft.

What's more if he leaves on a free next summer he could demand that 50m as a signing on fee.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

If true, he's taking the piss.

He probably realized the club is adamant in their resolve to see him either go to the mainland or renew rather than depart for a premier league rival & resorted to following a similar ( from his perspective) obstructionist tactic.

He's good & logic dictates if that Mr. Potato Head impersonator in Rooney can bring home £300,000 Alexis can demand an extra £100,000 on top.

This saga is just in it's infancy I'm afraid :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He doesn't need to sign a new contract for me. He can fvck off to City on his own next season. But we're not(we shouldn't) going to willingly strengthen a rival.

Song Billong

There is really no point in selling him.

If we are going to push back into the top four (or dare I say it; actually challenge) then our best chance is with him spearheading our side.

The £50 million we would get we could make up by returning to the CL next season, and if we're looking good he may even change his mind and want to stay. Or maybe that was the shrooms.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The article is much more about Laca then Sanchez. Still leaving next season, it seems.

Also: WOW. People were hating on him and Laca at the comments. Damn, internet... you nasty.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This quote from the article makes no sense

it seems that tocopillano [Sanchez] will respect his contract with Arsenal until June 2018, after the club improved its economic conditions to make the Chilean one of the best paid of the campus.

If he's staying due to the club improving economic conditions it means he's signing a new contract, in which case his contracts will last longer than 2018.

The article alos says we finished the season playing 3-4-2-1 which we did not.

GunnerShy

There is really no point in selling him.

If we are going to push back into the top four (or dare I say it; actually challenge) then our best chance is with him spearheading our side.

The £50 million we would get we could make up by returning to the CL next season, and if we're looking good he may even change his mind and want to stay. Or maybe that was the shrooms.
Yeah.
As an rough back of the envelope calc:
Difference between finishing 5th and 4th EPL money = 8mil
Difference between Champion league group of 16 and winning the Europa = ~25mil
Assuming Sanchez is on 130k a week and we were willing to pay him 275k we save = ~7.5mil in wages we were willing to pay him.

So I think the difference between finished 4th and 5th is approx: 33m GBP and we would save 7.5m in wages that we were happy to pay him. There are probably other less easily quantifiable benefits: shirt sales etc.
But if you humour me and throw those two figures together you're sitting close enough to the 50m where I think you'd tell another English club to fck themselves.

That said, there's a real lesson here. Players cannot be allowed to get to a point where they enter their final year. I hope they've sacked that department. And I hope they sack our commercial revenue department too.

karl

I think the club can afford to let him go into the last year anyway. The onus is on Sanchez to get some kind of long-term deal now, as at nearly 30 next year, it might be more difficult to negotiate for him.

Peak earning power is now and surely the club cannot allow an agent to hold them to ransom for £400,000 pw. It is not so much the one salary, but the destabilising affect on the rest of the squad. Is a player like Koscielny really only worth quarter of Sanchez to the team?

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
surely we're still a big enough club not to give in to ransom demands - if we did pay him £400k a week I would get no pleasure watching him play, especially if he had a release clause for 2018

if he doesn't want to play for the badge then he can bugger off to one of the **** rich clubs with no soul or heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom