• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,779
  • Views 1,164,309

Reading in transfer rumors that Hinds joined wolfsburg. Good move for him. He is clever player but given the talent in front of him his chances here would always be limited.

Another who move abroad. I think it is a good risk worth of taking for youngsters.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Good news?
I'd say so. Never got much of a chance to play U23 football and he's quite talented. Shouldn't give up on him yet.

Bennacer and Toral played though. Means they aren't going on tour. Toral IMO will be sold and Bennacer is definitely going on loan soon.

Nelson, Joe Willock, Malen and Nketiah didn't play so they most likely to go. Bramhall didn't play either I don't think. Will hope to see Crawley on tour too, he redeemed himself in Holland. Interesting to see what he does.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It's looking increasingly likely that Toral will be sold. So disappointing but he hasn't progressed as well as we'd have liked. My dream was always for him and Bellerin to come through together.

There's definitely a player in there. Be a shame if we don't see him in pre-season at all.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Crowley has left the club apparently

We need to ensure these kids are going through the academy with good work ethic and attitude in the future, too many missed talents because of attitude issues.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Crowley has left the club apparently

We need to ensure these kids are going through the academy with good work ethic and attitude in the future, too many missed talents because of attitude issues.
This seems to have upset people more than Willock leaving. A shame IMO but I don't think he did quite enough on his loans until his last spell. He will fare well in Holland IMO. I do like this trend of our academy talents moving abroad, as England isn't good for their development right now.

Good luck to Crowley. He is a very technical talent who perhaps needed to play a smarter game.

Impact

Established Member
Thoughts on Joe Willock?

His brother, Chris tended to be one that was always talked about as a potentially big talent. Joe seems to have snuck under the radar. Being taken on the pre-season tour is an indication that he is highly thought of. What position(s) does he excel in? Does he have a chance of making it in the first-team?

Last edited:

Thoughts on Joe Willock?

His brother, Chris tended to be one that was always talked about as a potentially big talent. Joe seems to have snuck under radar. Being taken on the pre-season tour is an indication that he is highly thought of. What position(s) does he excel in? Does he have a chance of making it in the first-team?

Didnt snuck behind. Just age behind Chris. Joe was very impressive with u-18 last season and earned him self a few u-23 games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thoughts on Joe Willock?

His brother, Chris tended to be one that was always talked about as a potentially big talent. Joe seems to have snuck under radar. Being taken on the pre-season tour is an indication that he is highly thought of. What position(s) does he excel in? Does he have a chance of making it in the first-team?
Joe is similar to Chris in some ways - very good technically and skillful. Where he differs is that he's more direct and more of a passer compared to Chris' dribbling. He can definitely still beat players but Chris is arguably one of the best natural dribblers. Joe is also a slightly more powerful runner and player in general.

He's more central than Chris, but can still play on the wing. Could possibly be a CM.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom