• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Really hoping we can pull this through now. Also if Alexis stays with us the season can't begin too early. Can't wait to see us play again really. :bounce:

Alexis indeed defines our very season, really.
All excitement and optimism depends on his fate.
Cannot see any player out there that is remotely available to replace the MVP of last year. Selling to City would be equal to selling them the PL title.
Buying Lemar asap and adding Mbappe/Dembele in theory would be the only outcome where I probably could still see excitement for next season as we would have 2 of the biggest talents in the world.

But if the reports are all true, as much as I adore Alexis as a player, I must say the above deal would be okay.
Could see so much optimism, fun, joy of playing and harmony with those fresh faces and crazy talent as Alexis could no longer hike down this positivity with all his **** behavior.

I don't care about Alexis being a crazy narcissist as long as he's our narcissist but if he forces his way to City he can **** right off - would be a perfect fit, another douchebag for a plastic club.

Won't win a CL title anyways, will not be remembered as anything special at any club as he's been a nomad all over his career.
Basically despite all his ambitions archieving nothing extraordinary in the end.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I can't believe people are comparing Lemar to Malouda and Milner.:lol: I would say the Pires comparison is way off as well as they're too different.

If I had to liken Lemar to another player that he is most similar to, it would most likely be a more pacy version of Seedorf but even then there are differences in their games.

Lemar at 21 is already better player than any of the attacking Liverpool players insurance Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Mane and Salah.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't believe people are comparing Lemar to Malouda and Milner.:lol: I would say the Pires comparison is way off as well as they're too different.

If I had to liken Lemar to another player that he is most similar to, it would most likely be a more pacy version of Seedorf but even then there are differences in their games.

Lemar at 21 is already better player than any of the attacking Liverpool players insurance Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Mane and Salah.

I can't believe you are comparing him to Seedorf. Seedorf is one of the strongest footballers I have ever seen who was immovable in possession and had one of the most powerful strikes in the game. That is even from a young age.

Malouda is also getting some criticism, but from 2009 to 2011 he was incredible. He gave you everything you required in a left sided midfielder. Everytime I saw him play during that period I wished we had signed him. Technically brilliant, defensively switched on and so strong in possession. He frequently beat 2 or 3 players on the run. A seriously underrated talent.

The clarification needs to be made. Pires was a winger. Lemar is a midfielder. I really also believe that sometimes you can't compare players to previous ones. When I watch him play, he doesn't remind me of any single player, but someone who has attributes of many. You can look at Mbappe and say he is a combination of Henry and Trezeguet. When you look at Lemar it's so difficult to do that.

He isn't physically strong and he won't ride challenges. He isn't particularly strong in the air. He can tackle and has a good engine. His weight of pass, crossing ability and ball control means he doesn't need to beat players. I think he is quite a unique talent.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Due to being linked with a few Monaco players I've seen a lot of their goals from last year, good lord they scored some tasty goals.

Can barely remember any of ours but I feel like most of them were bundled in after some painstakingly tedious build up.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lemar is a winger and he is can play in center.

He isn't a winger. He is a left sided midfielder. If he actually was a winger he wouldn't be able to play in the centre.

You wouldn't play Robben or Ribery in central midfield because they are wingers. You can imagine playing Lemar there as he is a midfielder.

BobP

Memri Fan
Malouda is also getting some criticism, but from 2009 to 2011 he was incredible. He gave you everything you required in a left sided midfielder. Everytime I saw him play during that period I wished we had signed him. Technically brilliant, defensively switched on and so strong in possession. He frequently beat 2 or 3 players on the run. A seriously underrated talent.

Agree with this 100%

He's being underrated on here. He had the left side on lock, I even remember him playing as a left back when Chelsea were struggling with injuries.

Titi51

He isn't a winger. He is a left sided midfielder. If he actually was a winger he wouldn't be able to play in the centre.

You wouldn't play Robben or Ribery in central midfield because they are wingers. You can imagine playing Lemar there as he is a midfielder.
I'm french, i see Ligue 1 and french teams every week. Lemar is left midfield/winger if you want, for me there is no big difference. Monaco played in 4-4-2 with Lemar on left, Bernardo on right, M'Bappé and Falcao in center attack. Ribéry has often played central midfield in Marseille with Jean Fernandez in 4-3-3 with Mamadou Niang on left wing, was this best period in this club.

Lemar in center is not as strong than on the wing, its a percussion and space player, and his cross are excellent.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I can't believe you are comparing him to Seedorf. Seedorf is one of the strongest footballers I have ever seen who was immovable in possession and had one of the most powerful strikes in the game. That is even from a young age.

The clarification needs to be made. Pires was a winger. Lemar is a midfielder. I really also believe that sometimes you can't compare players to previous ones. When I watch him play, he doesn't remind me of any single player, but someone who has attributes of many. You can look at Mbappe and say he is a combination of Henry and Trezeguet. When you look at Lemar it's so difficult to do that.

He isn't physically strong and he won't ride challenges. He isn't particularly strong in the air. He can tackle and has a good engine. His weight of pass, crossing ability and ball control means he doesn't need to beat players. I think he is quite a unique talent.

As I said there are differences, Seedorf's unrivaled strength being one. However I was more referring to their overall games being similar as they so well rounded players. Both for technique, high football IQ, their passing range, crossing, set piece taking, link up play, movement off the ball, ground covered, work rate and defensive contribution.

Song Billong

Bobby played CAM for Villareal, according to your criteria he shouldn't have been able to do that as a winger

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As I said there are differences, Seedorf's unrivaled strength being one. However I was more referring to their overall games being similar as they so well rounded players. Both for technique, high football IQ, their passing range, crossing, set piece taking, link up play, movement off the ball, ground covered, work rate and defensive contribution.

Seedorf pinged balls all over the place. Haven't seen Lemar do that. Lemar is good, but his football IQ isn't anywhere near Seedorfs as he loses the ball do much more. He isn't that amazing defensively either, he just has stamina. He will need to put on some weight in England.

neimad

Bobby played CAM for Villareal, according to your criteria he shouldn't have been able to do that as a winger

Also the most wingery of wingers Ryan Giggs was accommodated into a centre midfield role for United in his latter years. It's not impossible or unheard of. Players with a brain and skill set can adapt to another position if they have the ability and determination.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom