• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Perez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Deadline day subsidised loan deal then. :mad:

Even less chance of starting centrally now & useless wide.

Rather keep Joel or Akpom than this guy.

Plutarch

This Lucas Perez business will always puzzle me. He clearly was talented enough to play more for us than he has. Yet he was given virtually no chances. It makes me wonder if something else has been going on, though I've no idea what it would be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This Lucas Perez business will always puzzle me. He clearly was talented enough to play more for us than he has. Yet he was given virtually no chances. It makes me wonder if something else has been going on, though I've no idea what it would be.
He was a player who has never been considered good enough for a top Spanish team, even now, no one is kicking down our door to sign him.

You can be a talented footballer and not good enough to play.

Zaza

Wenger treated this guy very badly...anyone who thinks otherwise isn't being honest. As soon as Welbeck came back from injury, he automatically went ahead of him which is bullshit. It also doesn't help that Wenger himself came out to say he isn't playing much because Welbeck had returned from injury. What has Welbeck done to get such preference other than his nationality?? It's a shame because I think he would've gotten 12 - 15 goals for us if he had played more...was looking forward to him linking up with Alexis and Özil.

tcahill

I'd rather keep Perez if possible. From the few times i've seen him play he's looked very decent, maybe not first team quality but certainly better than most other clubs second choice option. He can also play the CAM role in the 3-4-3 (whatever Özil and alexis play) as he's been a offensive CAM for most of his career.
This is assuming one of Giroud or Welbeck leaves btw, we don't need 4 strikers including Lacazette.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The few times we've seen him have been against lesser teams, and bar the volley v Bournemouth I don't see how people can come to the conclusion that he's of any use.

Currently 5th in line for the CF role and if it comes to it I'd rather throw in an academy player.

Last edited:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He was a player who has never been considered good enough for a top Spanish team, even now, no one is kicking down our door to sign him.

You can be a talented footballer and not good enough to play.

Big difference between good enough for Barcelona and Real Madrid and being good enough to deserve a chance ahead of Walcott, Iwobi or Welbeck.
A "top Spanish team" wouldn't sign any of them if we offered a delivery service.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Sell Campbell and Walcott.

Keep Perez.

I liked Campbell. Dynamic player, good link-up with a pass. Decent squad player, during the bargain-years. Honestly never really had a chance here, unlike Theo who still rides on memories of his early years, when he got me excited with his pace. Theo needs a team/setup where he can be explosive again.

I miss this Theo.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I liked Campbell. Dynamic player, good link-up with a pass. Decent squad player, during the bargain-years. Honestly never really had a chance here, unlike Theo who still rides on memories of his early years, when he got me excited with his pace. Theo needs a team/setup where he can be explosive again.

I miss this Theo.

This. Crazy good, what the **** went wrong afterwards ?

Yes, Campbell was actually quite good when he got the chance. Unfortunately not that often..
Similar case to Perez I guess

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...

I miss this Theo.

We never really saw much of that Theo anyway. Usually against teams who were open at the back, most teams park the bus against us and he had nowhere to run to. He would do well in a team where other teams have to get 3 points and not play for a draw or damage limitation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Big difference between good enough for Barcelona and Real Madrid and being good enough to deserve a chance ahead of Walcott, Iwobi or Welbeck.
A "top Spanish team" wouldn't sign any of them if we offered a delivery service.
I'm talking Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom