• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnergoa

Two weeks for the League to officially start and we still have holes in team that needs to be rectified.
Sanchez situation ...is he staying or going.. it seems like Sanchez and the contract rebels are getting back at Wenger for making them wait for his decision.

Santi who the hell is going to replace him? Ramsey ?? no way our mid field two whome we are so dependent this season, consists of one who gets injured when he is hitting form and other who is destined to mis games due to suspension. That leaves us with Elnenny and LeCoq the latter has been flacid. If you look at the teams that have strengthen they have all gone for power houses Chelsea Bokyoka Man Utd Matic, Mancity already has Fernando,Sp**s have a settled Mid.

And now with Neymar deal done Barca will be after his replacement paying ridiculous prices. So again we are going into the season unprepared and it's going to be same old same old.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Two weeks for the League to officially start and we still have holes in team that needs to be rectified.
Sanchez situation ...is he staying or going..

How often Wenger needs to say, that he is staying this season? Our first eleven is complete too. In addition with Lemar would be very nice, but it's not a problem for me, if we will sign a third player very late.

blaise

We are probably haggling because we d like to buy both Lemar and Seri and there is no money at the moment for both, same like last year. We need to sell first, also Nice is still trying to qualify for CL, so we cant expect a move there before that is over, and Monaco of course wants a lot of money and we are trying to save money like always, hopefully we get one over the line until end of window, two would be perfect.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

W
We are probably haggling because we d like to buy both Lemar and Seri and there is no money at the moment for both, same like last year. We need to sell first, also Nice is still trying to qualify for CL, so we cant expect a move there before that is over, and Monaco of course wants a lot of money and we are trying to save money like always, hopefully we get one over the line until end of window, two would be perfect.
We have money i dont know where people get this notion. We have too many average players on big wages that is the problem. Atm we have quantity over quality

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How often Wenger needs to say, that he is staying this season?

Still a month to go.

Sure we will see some developments with the 2018ers this month be it sales or renewals. We cant go into the September with more than a couple of Alexis, Özil, Ox & Jack on 10 month deals. Has the potential to set us back financially for years.

Ewarwoowar

I don't get why people think it's unsustainable? There is more money coming into football every year, more people across the globe watching every year, people aren't going to stop watching football in significant numbers anytime soon. This will carry on and it'll keep getting worse the more people that start watching.

Football hasn't even properly taken off in America yet so there is one of the biggest markets in the world which will add even more growth over the coming years.
Football is not sustaining itself though, the sums don't add up, it has to be a racket.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
W

We have money i dont know where people get this notion. We have too many average players on big wages that is the problem. Atm we have quantity over quality

What does ATM have to do with this?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I really don't get what this club is doing and I know the window hasn't shut yet BUT they really need to get a move on and why we don't get deals done early is beyond me. Surely Lemar was identified before the window opened so why didn't we just get serious in the first week over him.

Also, do they not realise we need more players to fill the gaps we already have AND do they not look to the future (obviously not), in my opinion Sanchez is leaving next summer and Özil will follow, both possibly off on a free. Thats no income for new players so thats two HUGE gaps to fill.

Then lets look at our next lot of most important players; Kosc, Cech and Giroud, they will all be a year older, Kosc and Cech may decline due to their age and for whatever people say about Giroud he brings goals for us and already has no pace, so another year with a world cup may put him into decline. So we may need a further 3 players there.

And then onto the World Cup 2018, hardly any deals are done during this period, so we will be competing with everyone else at the same time, prices for players skyrocket if they have even a half decent tournament and your own players may suffer fatigue or injury so buying players next year will be extremely competitive.

So we may need 5 players and thats not even discussing the gaps we have now i.e next to Xhaka, CB and better squaddies.

So taking all that into consideration, possibly huge departures, WC summer coming up, players getting older why the F are we dicking about in this transfer window!

If we finish 5th or lower this year and dont win the EL we are truly f***ed and may not recover for years.

This season is HUGE for us to stay close with the pack.

Apologies for the long negative post lol, up the gunners!

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Looks to be a two year loan for Bielik. Hoffenheim was interested too. But Frankfurt is better for him less CB's in the squad.

TheLawOfDiQ

With our fanbase still split, we needed signings to inspire us and unite the fans. If hasn't happened yet, nor has our best player signed on. A few bad results and we'll see more of that toxic environment of last season, and performances to follow.

This is what happens when your owner doesn't give a ****.

I dont trust Wenger to buy any more players this year. He still belive that the young players will take the places that needs to be filled..
In my eyes Liverpool and Tottenham have gone past us so there is a huge risk that Arsenal will miss champions league even this year, thats alot of money we loose but more important we loose the best players that doesnt wanna come to us..

TheLawOfDiQ

I dont trust Wenger to buy any more players this year. He still belive that the young players will take the places that needs to be filled..
In my eyes Liverpool and Tottenham have gone past us so there is a huge risk that Arsenal will miss champions league even this year, thats alot of money we loose but more important we loose the best players that doesnt wanna come to us..

I disagree, I think our squad is still better than both Sp**s and Liverpool`s but that isn`t enough.

BobP

Memri Fan

Looks to be a two year loan for Bielik. Hoffenheim was interested too. But Frankfurt is better for him less CB's in the squad.

Vallejo, who just returned to Madrid, had a good run at Frankfurt.

Bielik will do well there. He'll get a good go at it.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Literally the first post of this thread, bet we were all laughing then.

I am not disappointed yet, neither should you be. A new lb, a new cf, Alexis and Özil will stay, Mad Jens is back, the aussie guy will hopefully be useful and there is still time for more recruitments.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I really don't get what this club is doing and I know the window hasn't shut yet BUT they really need to get a move on and why we don't get deals done early is beyond me. Surely Lemar was identified before the window opened so why didn't we just get serious in the first week over him.

Also, do they not realise we need more players to fill the gaps we already have AND do they not look to the future (obviously not), in my opinion Sanchez is leaving next summer and Özil will follow, both possibly off on a free. Thats no income for new players so thats two HUGE gaps to fill.

Then lets look at our next lot of most important players; Kosc, Cech and Giroud, they will all be a year older, Kosc and Cech may decline due to their age and for whatever people say about Giroud he brings goals for us and already has no pace, so another year with a world cup may put him into decline. So we may need a further 3 players there.

And then onto the World Cup 2018, hardly any deals are done during this period, so we will be competing with everyone else at the same time, prices for players skyrocket if they have even a half decent tournament and your own players may suffer fatigue or injury so buying players next year will be extremely competitive.

So we may need 5 players and thats not even discussing the gaps we have now i.e next to Xhaka, CB and better squaddies.

So taking all that into consideration, possibly huge departures, WC summer coming up, players getting older why the F are we dicking about in this transfer window!

If we finish 5th or lower this year and dont win the EL we are truly f***ed and may not recover for years.

This season is HUGE for us to stay close with the pack.

Apologies for the long negative post lol, up the gunners!

Agree 100%. There doesn't seem to be any planning for the future, something which Juve/Real are doing very well atm for example.

If we were properly planning for the future, we'd have brought in a young GK already and a 1-2 young forwards to take over from Alexis down the line. We're obviously trying to do that with Lemar but if that's proving difficult, why not just get Jadon Sancho wrapped up right away? Dortmund do this and I can see them getting Sancho the same way they got Dembele, by being proactive. Equally, we should have gone in for Amine Harit, who together with Iwobi would be a good shout to take over from Özil.

I fancy Holding, Bielik and possibly Chambers to do very well in the future, but then again you could argue we need an experienced body in there right now.

As for CM, that seems to me like a position we need filled by someone immediately. If it was a choice between pursuing Lemar or finding someone for CM while picking up some young prospects in other positions, I might go for the latter.

Our starting XI is very good, if we can just get a top CM: Pjanic, Seri, Goretzka etc...we can do very well this season.

At the moment, we look like a club that gave a good go at acting like a top club before losing concentration and reverting back to our comfort zone of indecision and negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom