• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I didn't see this posted yesterday.

Wenger plans all out assault on PL title and plans to play fringe players in Europa League. Personally I think this is the right approach but we must try to win the EL so he will need to select teams carefully depending on our next opponents in both PL & EL. Thur & Sun games will be tough but we have some great fringe/youth players who can play a big part.

Interesting part about Wenger being against EL winners going into following seasons CL.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...s-league-absence-premier-league-europa-league

say yes

forum master baiter
Wenger said:
“I will always play a team that has a good chance to win the next game,” Wenger said. “In the Europa League, if we can afford sometimes to rest some players, we will do it. But we have to adapt to the level of the competition and see, first, what kind of group we play in.”

Sounds less like he's going to treat the competition as a doss and more like he's simply appreciating that the early stages of the Europa are not too competitive. FA Cup approach.

League should always be the priority (even if you're in the Champions league) but I'd be pretty annoyed if we got to the knockouts of the Europa and didn't take it seriously.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think Wenger will play some younger players like Nelson and other squad players like Elneny etc in the Europa. The likes of Özil, Sanchez, Kos, Xhaka staying clear.

But if they get through to the latter stages it would be very un-Wenger-like to drop any of those who have played throughout.

Wenger's unstinting loyalty to his players is one of his most admirable qualities but at the same time his downfall.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why are posters allowed to change their votes? I couldn't think of a more pointless option to have in a thread like this. Why allow anyone to change a vote anyway? What's the point of having one in the first place if you can change with the weather? :lol:
The vote is a bit pointless really. It's more about the odds.

If you include Everton in the mix that makes 7 teams in the race. It's inconceivable that Wenger will drop below that.

Bookies giving us 10/1 for winning the league. Probably about right given our spending power and injury record. Would argue it's similar odds of us coming 7th as well.

In between . . . . 2nd is probably 4/1, 3rd 2/1, 4th 2/1, 5th 3/1, 6th 5/1

In other words, with no CL we probably have a better chance of finishing in the top 4 as there should be less game time on the legs of the 1st team.

That would my guess.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The vote is a bit pointless really. It's more about the odds.

If you include Everton in the mix that makes 7 teams in the race. It's inconceivable that Wenger will drop below that.

Bookies giving us 10/1 for winning the league. Probably about right given our spending power and injury record. Would argue it's similar odds of us coming 7th as well.

In between . . . . 2nd is probably 4/1, 3rd 2/1, 4th 2/1, 5th 3/1, 6th 5/1

In other words, with no CL we probably have a better chance of finishing in the top 4 as there should be less game time on the legs of the 1st team.

That would my guess.
Everton? :lol: Come on. There is no 'race' for Everton!

I'm suspicious of how you're playing down our chances more than ever, despite some on here saying we've had our best transfer window in over ten years already, with time left to make it even better... You're speaking like you have zero faith in Wenger to mold us into challengers of any description.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I'm suspicious of how you're playing down our chances more than ever, despite some on here saying we've had our best transfer window in over ten years already, with time left to make it even better... You're speaking like you have zero faith in Wenger to mold us into challengers of any description.

I'm not one to speak for another man, but have you seen our squad? Our first 11? I don't get how anyone can see us as challengers tbh, way too many average players in there.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Saying the 4th richest team with a f*** load of injury prone players could come 3rd is very positive :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Danny Murphy appointed by FA in diving committee. All hope in the committee lost. The same guy who will justify Vardy dive is called in to act against diving.
Just when you thought they were trying to do something good. What ****ing credentials has he got? He's already got a job on MOTD ffs. Someone at the FA must have thought he came across as really objective... :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Bielik on 2 year loan to Frankfurt.

Koscielny
Mustafi
Mertesacker
Gabriel
Monreal

Am I forgetting someone?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So how do we potentially look for the Premier League, not counting any incoming players?

---------------------------Lacazette/Giroud
Alexis/Iwobi--------------------------------------------Özil/Nelson
Seo/Monreal---Xhaka/Wilshere---Ramsey/Santi-----Ox/Bellerin
-----------Mustafi/Monreal---Holding/Per------Kos/Gabriel
------------------------------Cech/Ospina

Mobile and has brute force as well. Santi being available takes us up a few levels.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Sounds less like he's going to treat the competition as a doss and more like he's simply appreciating that the early stages of the Europa are not too competitive. FA Cup approach.

League should always be the priority (even if you're in the Champions league) but I'd be pretty annoyed if we got to the knockouts of the Europa and didn't take it seriously.

Ok, complaint incoming. You post a section from my link above your post and you get 3 likes, I get none. This is simply not good enough! :)

Preacher

Always Crying
Voted 5th.

Last year my vote was 3rd. Let's hope that I'll be wrong again and we will finish at least in top 4.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom