• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yes my inference was rhetorical,, what I want to know 'Batman,,' is what you plan to do about it?
index.php

Answer the ******* phone, it's squad cost man, He wants to form an alliance to fight this corruption. He is unfortunately a little light on money for fancy gadgets like yours, but can beat you to death with tables and graphs.

giphy.gif
Nah Squad Cost Man didn't make the main roster. He's on standby for what the Teen Titans can't clean up.

tcahill

Yet again we have been outspent by our rivals who by the way were stronger than us to begin with, so where are they now?!

Makes me sick to my stomach.

We are always going to be outspent by our rivals with their oil dosh. City, Man U, even Chelsea throwing around huge sums of money like kids with new pocket money makes me sick.
Only way we can keep up is by spending intelligently, and using our current players in their best roles.

Axel9090

We are always going to be outspent by our rivals with their oil dosh. City, Man U, even Chelsea throwing around huge sums of money like kids with new pocket money makes me sick.
Only way we can keep up is by spending intelligently, and using our current players in their best roles.
True, its not about spending 100s of millions, but we do need some more additions to the squad at least and we're failing at that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hope this doesn't mean no more incommings.

This means we will hopefully address the imbalance in the squad. We can cut five or six players without any impact on the match day squad and the depth behind them. Doing that and one or two players in would be great work.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
UOL Esporte is linking us with Lucas Moura. €30M. Would you take him?

Says Italians are also interested...

"Sources close to him" part leads me to believe it's agent talk. Let's see if this picks up steam.

Don't think much of him, rather we go for someone else.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Chance to get rid of a lot of deadwood there.
17 players with deals expiring in the next two years. Though pretty sure we've already extended Giroud and already used the option for Cazorla.

While I'm all for trimming the squad I'd rather we managed it ourselves and sell players as opposed to seeing half our squad leave for free. We will never replace half.of them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
17 players with deals expiring in the next two years. Though pretty sure we've already extended Giroud and already used the option for Cazorla.

While I'm all for trimming the squad I'd rather we managed it ourselves and sell players as opposed to seeing half our squad leave for free. We will never replace half.of them.
Lack of interest makes things more difficult.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Lack of interest makes things more difficult.
Perhaps. But if we are gonna lose most of them on frees why not just let them go for free now. Guys like Jenkinson, Debuchy and Gibbs will not be missed and if we don't sell them on frees now we will pay them a season or two worth of wages and lose them on frees anyway. Let them go and we save millions in wages. And free up squad space also.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
UOL Esporte are linking us with Lucas Moura. €30M. Would you take him?

Now.
I watch PSG a lot and he's just another Oxlade Chamberlain (when he was playing winger) at best.
On his day he can destroy any defender in 1v1 but he has no football brain and not enough end product (even though he's playing in a very dominent team)

Also he lacks football brain. A lot.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
UOL Esporte are linking us with Lucas Moura. €30M. Would you take him?

Absolutely. Talented young player. Fast and creative. Scored 19 goals last season. Wenger might be the one to get the best out of him. But unless Theo leaves I'm not sure where he would fit into this year's Arsenal squad (although I'd take him over Theo all day long and twice today, being Sunday).

I know but for now Özil Sanchez Alexis are not close from any agreement. If these 3 leave on a free it would be very hard to take for Arsenal.

Well, we really don't know how close or far away they are from an agreement. Could announce them all on Thursday for all we know. Alexis may leave next year, but I'd be kind of surprised if they can't extend Özil and Ox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom