• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,235

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Drivel.

Sanchez/Mustafi haven't been with us preseason. Özil's ankle was kicked in the Everton game. Mert got a knock v Chelsea, as did Coq who was kicked by Fabregas. Kos is suspended. Wilshere had a broken bone playing for Bournemouth. And Santi has been injured for two years. Ramsey is made of ****ing paper.

Don't care what everybody else says, I looked up to you as a top poster. But beginning to see the truth.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

LacaNewSigning

Its the key every season!

But how many times do we start a game at home in a sleepy manner, go a goal down and then its all out manic attack towards the end of the game, leaving you thinking "where was this intensity at the start of the game?" How many times have you seen this. 10, 25, 50+ :) :)
Far too many times to count, but here's too hoping there's been a change in mentality with Lehman coming back and that new fitness guy joining. We give the opposition far too many chances in the beginning of matches in the past coming out like zombies from the walking dead, it also doesn't help when players like Ramsey go gung ho from the start and leave huge gaps for the opposition to exploit.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Far too many times to count, but here's too hoping there's been a change in mentality with Lehman coming back and that new fitness guy joining. We give the opposition far too many chances in the beginning of matches in the past coming out like zombies from the walking dead, it also doesn't help when players like Ramsey go gung ho from the start and leave huge gaps for the opposition to exploit.
That's really all that there is to go on with isn't it? Even with a truncated squad, at home we should have enough within ourselves to beat Leicester if we go about it the right way. But a truly ambitious and ruthless team never leaves it upto chance.

LacaNewSigning

That's really all that there is to go on with isn't it? Even with a truncated squad, at home we should have enough within ourselves to beat Leicester if we go about it the right way. But a truly ambitious and ruthless team never leaves it upto chance.
If we can't beat Leicester at home, whether it's first game or not we don't deserve to win the title (no disrespect to Leicester) and shows we really are turning into Liverpool Mk II. But knowing us we will make hardwork out of Leicester because we are Charity FC

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can **** off too :lol: Thought there were signs of your posting picking up tbh but the summer hols are clearly going to your head.

Nothing like laughing at the truth. Sad times.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

But it happens nearly every pre-season. West Ham in 2015 was the only time I can remember in recent times where the first-choice team was ready to play in the first match of the season. It's not all on Wenger, some if it is down to luck but if it happens multiple times over the course of a few years it stands to reason that there's something amiss in how they prepare for the season.

Which is why a midfielder should have been signed, you agree with that.

Judge me in May.
Yes, it happens every season but if you go through them one by one . . . . just saying. There's only Ramsey that could possibly be down to over training. And he always breaks down.

Yes we desperately need a CM and yes we have Shad and Burgess in charge of pre-season fitness.

Keeping my eye on you mate, cheap posting :rolleyes:

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

You can **** off too :lol: Thought there were signs of your posting picking up tbh but the summer hols are clearly going to your head.

Nothing like laughing at the truth. Sad times.

When our league "challenge" has collapsed by February we'll see what the excuses will be.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

When our league "challenge" has collapsed by February we'll see what the excuses will be.
Still kept all the injury prone players, so it's as certain as night follows day that we'll collapse sooner or later.

If Wenger buys a solid CM to partner Xhaka before the window shuts . .
that could be a game changer.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Yes, thats it, zombies. :lol:Very little chance of a sudden change in mentality. And we both know why.....Don't misunderstand, I'd be the happiest person in the world if I was wrong!!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So with injuries already. It looks like we will be starting with:

------------------------Cech
--------Holding-Mert-Monreal
Ox-----Elneny------Xhaka---Kolasinac
----------Iwobi--------------Welbeck
-------------------Lacazette

It looks like we will struggle to get rid of deadwood till very late in the window and we may not be able to get anyone in because of that. Those released will be sent on loans. So we will still be responsible for paying some of their wages.

All and all, it isn't looking positive especially with contact situations on top of that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So with injuries already. It looks like we will be starting with:

------------------------Cech
--------Holding-Mert-Monreal
Ox-----Elneny------Xhaka---Kolasinac
----------Iwobi--------------Welbeck
-------------------Lacazette

It looks like we will struggle to get rid of deadwood till very late in the window and we may not be able to get anyone in because of that. Those released will be sent on loans. So we will still be responsible for paying some of their wages.

All and all, it isn't looking positive especially with contact situations on top of that.

Looks a very good starting line up to me happy with that in the mean time .

ASM

Maybe I'm over-positive, but I'm fairly pleased with our squad and how effective it is in the current formation. A top CM would definitely be welcomed, but he will make us super favourites for the PL title as I already see us as one of the solid favourites. Quite a few players are settling well or are on the up, plus two great additions who covered up two obvious weaknesses in last season's squad. For me a top partner for Xhaka in central midfield is the only need, yet I still can see us keep possession and do an effective and secure build up play with the current options even against top PL sides.

On the other hand, and particularly for a season opener at the Emirates against a fairly good team, with all those memories and doubts possibly playing in the minds of both players and fans, and with f***ing Mike Dean people are entitled to worry. I hope logic will beat history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom