• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,235

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

More like 6 but still we've got to be the Starks considering we're skilled and honorable and all that but make some stupid errors in judgement
House Targaryen everyone thought we were gone and believed are famous dragon were a fantasy. And now we are back fighting for the throne after being laughed at and ridiculed for years.

AVENTUS

Hey guys, Leicester fan here, just had to sign up after such an amazing game.

Despite our poor results against you guys over the years, I've always had great respect for Arsenal ever since Bergkamp scored that hat trick against us. Every single game is enjoyable, thrilling & entertaining. Both teams seem to always go for it, which is great.

Anyway, I think tonight both teams can take a lot of positives from the game. For us, we executed a great game plan but sadly a couple lapses in concentration & poorly timed subs cost us! However I see no reason why we can't finish 7th or 8th this year.

As for you guys, your make shift back 3 was exactly that, make shift. Once your regulars are back, you should look much better in that department. I think your strong attack was the difference tonight. If you keep hold of Alexis then I don't think many teams will be able to contain you.

Good luck for the season & I look forward to another thrilling game at the King Power !!

P.S how good is Albrighton?!! Terrific all round player, should be playing for England :)

Welcome.

I'll have to say I struggle to comprehend how you've not beaten Arsenal before you really do give us a run for our money.

It has to be a psychological thing when you play us. Not being smart but even at 2-3 @ 80th minute I'd knew Arsenal would not lose but only half sure we'd win.

9jagooner

Funny thing is a few days ago , I asked myself why AW hasn't tried playing Hector as LWB instead of wasting The OX on that position. I've seen Hector play LB before on loan at Watford and he didn't play badly. Not surprised at his performance in that role last night. Going forward, if we're still struggling with injuries , I'd rather Hector at LWB position than OX.

Man of the match on our side for me was Kolasinac . Won balls, picked the ball from defence and drove forward, showed OX how to deal with Mahrez (stay close to him and don't give him space). I'd love to see him in his LWB position though . Thought we risked too much with our CBs going forward last night. At some point, you could see Kolasinac and Monreal in the opposition half.

Thank God we won our first game. Now onward to Stoke City!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Funny how every pundit is banging on about Özil's handball but every single one of them fail to mention the handball by the Leicester player in the penalty area that should of been a stonewall penalty for us..
They mentioned the penalty on beIN, but only in passing.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Funny how every pundit is banging on about Özil's handball but every single one of them fail to mention the handball by the Leicester player in the penalty area that should of been a stonewall penalty for us..
Doesn't fit the script. Bet your ass that if this was Liverpool or United they'd mention it for sure

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

But but but but but. A great man once said that everything that comes before the word "but" is horse ****. These pundits are haters, they just follow each other on the haters train.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It'a absolutely ridiculous.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

They are jealous. Amazing control from Mesut, he meant to take the ball with him like that.

BobP

Memri Fan
A few notes on the game:

1. The 2nd goal (I think) wasn't Xhaka's fault. You play the way you face and there was literally nowhere else for Xhaka to pass to. Okazaki had cut off the lane back to Holding and Bellerin, for some weird reason, decided to just burst forward. If anything, it's Bellerin's fault for failing to present.

2. I was sure that Welbeck would find a way to miss that goal he scored. Was a very dodgy finish. Outside of that he's a very handy player, as I've said many times on here.

3. Holding lost his bearings, smart decision to sub him off. Vardy was causing him all sorts of problems by playing in that space between himself and Monreal. This was compounded by the irresponsible positioning of Bellerin who essentially went AWOL, forcing Holding to play both as a RCB and RB.

4. Elneny, whilst on the whole being decent, was a bit flat footed at times. Was moving about enough.

5. The football Leicester played was very predictable. I've lost track of how many times I've seen the inverted wide midfielder, whether it be Albrighton or Mahrez, cut in on their favoured side and send an in-swinger into the box for a Vardy or a Okazaki to latch onto.

5. The position of our flanking CBs is a cause for concern. Doesn't apply so much to Holding but Kolasinac was playing like a FB/WB at times, was pushing very high up. At the same time, our WBs were playing as WMs.

6. Ridiculous that Chambers wasn't in the team.

7. The WBs and AMs sometimes gravitate towards the same area, treading on each others toes. If their spatial distribution is on point players in those positions can cause a lot of issues for the opposition over who should be picking up who.

8. I've been saying this for a long time but I'd like to see us experiment with a tight 3 in the middle. We're just too porous through the midfield.

9. Xhaka was impressive and central to our play. Need someone to play off of him.

10. Towards the end, when we were pushing for a goal, Özil was too drawn to the ball and a straight line was formed consisting of Özil, Xhaka, and Ramsey. Positioning needs to be more staggered, he's more effective in between the lines than he is gravitating towards the ball.

11. I was really impressed with Ox and Kolasinac, a lot of verve and intensity about their play, end product was lacking at times but hopefully that'll come in time. They're the two first choice WBs IMO. Bellerin needs a spell.

12. The Leicester manager ****ed up. Sent on Amartey and switched to a 451 too early, completely changed the mentality of his players on the field. He tried to fix this by essentially going back to a 442 and sending Kelechi on but it was too late by then.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
A few notes on the game:
5. The football Leicester played was very predictable. I've lost track of how many times I've seen the inverted wide midfielder, whether it be Albrighton or Mahrez, cut in on their favoured side and send an in-swinger into the box for a Vardy or a Okazaki to latch onto.
If you look at their title winning campaign, that's how they scored the bulk of their goals. Early crosses from Albrighton and Mahrez. Should've really been prepared for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom