• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Leicester City | 11/08/17 19:45 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,954
  • Views 185,241

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Sky didn't replay this 1000 times like the Özil handball, the ****s:

giphy.gif

Stonewall pen.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This place was disgusting when it was 3:2.
Player A is ****, Player B is ****, Player C...
Wenger out...
We need to buy x more players...
4 CBs out but we need to buy some...

Pathetic bunch of absolute human garbage.
It is unbearable what you have to read on here at times.
Football really is the sport for the lower/dumb class.

Of course not all behave like that, but i would say at least 75%...

Absolutely disgusting...
I know mate, I know. You just have to fight it with positivity and don't let it get to you! We all just want the best for Arsenal so there will be a lot of emotions and thats ok! And when it all works out well you rub their faces in it. :D

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A few notes on the game:

1. The 2nd goal (I think) wasn't Xhaka's fault. You play the way you face and there was literally nowhere else for Xhaka to pass to. Okazaki had cut off the lane back to Holding and Bellerin, for some weird reason, decided to just burst forward. If anything, it's Bellerin's fault for failing to present.

2. I was sure that Welbeck would find a way to miss that goal he scored. Was a very dodgy finish. Outside of that he's a very handy player, as I've said many times on here.

3. Holding lost his bearings, smart decision to sub him off. Vardy was causing him all sorts of problems by playing in that space between himself and Monreal. This was compounded by the irresponsible positioning of Bellerin who essentially went AWOL, forcing Holding to play both as a RCB and RB.

4. Elneny, whilst on the whole being decent, was a bit flat footed at times. Was moving about enough.

5. The football Leicester played was very predictable. I've lost track of how many times I've seen the inverted wide midfielder, whether it be Albrighton or Mahrez, cut in on their favoured side and send an in-swinger into the box for a Vardy or a Okazaki to latch onto.

5. The position of our flanking CBs is a cause for concern. Doesn't apply so much to Holding but Kolasinac was playing like a FB/WB at times, was pushing very high up. At the same time, our WBs were playing as WMs.

6. Ridiculous that Chambers wasn't in the team.

7. The WBs and AMs sometimes gravitate towards the same area, treading on each others toes. If their spatial distribution is on point players in those positions can cause a lot of issues for the opposition over who should be picking up who.

8. I've been saying this for a long time but I'd like to see us experiment with a tight 3 in the middle. We're just too porous through the midfield.

9. Xhaka was impressive and central to our play. Need someone to play off of him.

10. Towards the end, when we were pushing for a goal, Özil was too drawn to the ball and a straight line was formed consisting of Özil, Xhaka, and Ramsey. Positioning needs to be more staggered, he's more effective in between the lines than he is gravitating towards the ball.

11. I was really impressed with Ox and Kolasinac, a lot of verve and intensity about their play, end product was lacking at times but hopefully that'll come in time. They're the two first choice WBs IMO. Bellerin needs a spell.

12. The Leicester manager ****ed up. Sent on Amartey and switched to a 451 too early, completely changed the mentality of his players on the field. He tried to fix this by essentially going back to a 442 and sending Kelechi on but it was too late by then.

Agree with every observation, bar your first about Leicester's 2nd goal. That one had me scratching my head a little bit. There were 3 errors:

1. Xhaka was on the ball and in control of the situation in his own defensive third. He should've seen that Bellerin had pushed up, and his passing options were limited so either gone back (we have 3 CBs), held the ball and pivoted to switch flanks, or gone long to Welbeck. Instead it was a sloppy square pass to no man's land. Had Coquelin done that we'd be calling it like it is.

2. As you say Bellerin made that stupid run forward into a crowded space while we still had 3 Leicester attackers in our final third. Leicester were well aware of what he was trying to do and easily shut him down.

3. Kolasinac and Montreal allowed Vardy to get in between them. Kola especially should've got much tighter and goal side of Vardy. He's not a centre back, despite Wenger's insistence on playing him there.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Wenger out...

Absolutely disgusting...
It's only a shock because you're new.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

No. It was a blatant handball. Watch the a vid and decide yourself.
Watched both handballs several times. And they're as bad as each other for different reasons. One each there.

BobP

Memri Fan
1. Xhaka was on the ball and in control of the situation in his own defensive third. He should've seen that Bellerin had pushed up, and his passing options were limited so either gone back (we have 3 CBs), held the ball and pivoted to switch flanks, or gone long to Welbeck. Instead it was a sloppy square pass to no man's land. Had Coquelin done that we'd be calling it like it is.

You're being harsh man.

Both Ndidi and Okazaki were bearing down on Xhaka. Passing to Elneny was out of the question because it essentially puts him in the same position. As I mentioned, the lane to Holding was cut by Okazaki.

Furthermore, something I was taught growing up and playing football is that you play the way you face, especially in potentially compromising situations, that is the back-half. Xhaka did just that. IMO, you can't really fault him because there was literally nowhere he could have gone in the 1 or 2 seconds he had the ball, besides just booting it long and hard which in hindsight looks like a good option.

I agree with your other 2 points.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Agree with every observation, bar your first about Leicester's 2nd goal. That one had me scratching my head a little bit. There were 3 errors:

2. As you say Bellerin made that stupid run forward into a crowded space while we still had 3 Leicester attackers in our final third. Leicester were well aware of what he was trying to do and easily shut him down.

3. Kolasinac and Montreal allowed Vardy to get in between them. Kola especially should've got much tighter and goal side of Vardy. He's not a centre back, despite Wenger's insistence on playing him there.

Agree. I love Xhaka but his square pass to no one was inexcusable. In transition, to lose a ball like that is suicidal. He knows that and acknowledged his mistake after the game.

halfvolley

It's beyond ridiculous. Everyone ignores the stonewall penalty but goes on and on about a dubious handball that led to a corner kick. That we scored from the corner is ****ing irrelevant, how far back in the chain of events are we supposed to go for every goal? There will always be something to complain about if you roll back the clock long enough.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It's beyond ridiculous. Everyone ignores the stonewall penalty but goes on and on about a dubious handball that led to a corner kick. That we scored from the corner is ****ing irrelevant, how far back in the chain of events are we supposed to go for every goal? There will always be something to complain about if you roll back the clock long enough.
Mark Clattenburg apparently told Andy Townshend that even if there was VAR there wouldn't have been any difference because the ball had gone out for a corner, so that particular play was over.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Watched both handballs several times. And they're as bad as each other for different reasons. One each there.

Never mentioned the Leicester handball. He was asking specifically about the Özil handball, which was in fact blatant (and this is coming from the biggest Özil fan on this forum).

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Never mentioned the Leicester handball. He was asking specifically about the Özil handball, which was in fact blatant (and this is coming from the biggest Özil fan on this forum).
Whoa hey now, i don't have his name on my account for nothing :drool:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wenger out...

Absolutely disgusting...
Disgraceful posting attacking other Arsenal fans like this.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Wenger out...

Absolutely disgusting...

**** off then you absolute mug hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom