• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. | 1st October 12:00 (BST) | BT Sport

Result of the match ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

Ratings

Cech 7
Monreal 8
Mustafi 6
Holding 7
Bellerin 7
Kolasinac 6
Xhaka 6
Ramsey 7
Iwobi 8
Sanchez 8
Lacazette 6

MoM Sanchez

Subs Giroud and Walcott did nothing really

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Someone asked me for examples of when Wenger's subs have killed the game. Here's one for today and there will be more.

Giroud subbed on against a deep block defence is usually very effective, Giroud subbed on in an open game usually destroys our attack. Theo just isn't a good substitute, start him or leave him at home.

It really is enfuriating with Theo

he should be great for the last 10-30 minutes of a game

even if he has slowed down he still have pace, somewhat of a great finisher, he can do good runs to get into position

With Xhaka being able to play balls from deep, Jack coming back, Özil obviously, Alexis can do good assists and even Laca is more of a passer than Giroud
AND Kola can cross and Bellerins crossing and passing has looked better recently

Theo should be our supersub. only playing 30min tops he doesn't have to value his runs and conserve energy
if we are chasing and "just" hoofing the ball in it doesn't matter that Theo isn't that involved in our open play or that he doesn't beat guys with the ball at his feet

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I thought Sanchez was terrible... He just seems to not be able to pass.. Most of his throw balls are over hit time after time.. He will try 6 passes and get 1 0r 2 correct.. For a player of his hype he has that headless chicken part of him where he will keep losing the ball, keep running into blind alleys, poor final 3rd passing etc.
Agree but he 's also a match winner. He's been ****in' awful this season aside from the obvious few great things he's done.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I thought Sanchez was terrible... He just seems to not be able to pass.. Most of his throw balls are over hit time after time.. He will try 6 passes and get 1 0r 2 correct.. For a player of his hype he has that headless chicken part of him where he will keep losing the ball, keep running into blind alleys, poor final 3rd passing etc.
Thats because there was no one else on the pitch trying to(or even capable of) create something. It was a toss up between Sanchez losing the ball and Ramsey losing the ball.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Didn't enjoy the match. All our good play came from Sanchez, who won't be here next season.

I share your displeasure at our current football however consider this. We're still in touching distance with the top teams who've been in blistering form, we've kept 4 clean sheets in a row in the league (when did that last happen?) and won 6 of our last 7 in all competitions.

At this stage its about racking up as many wins as we can and having tge humility to accept that other sides are better than us right now. Let them take the praise while we continue quietly picking up points.

I'd take a season of boring wins over entertaining draws and defeats.

redanddread

I share your displeasure at our current football however consider this. We're still in touching distance with the top teams who've been in blistering form, we've kept 4 clean sheets in a row in the league (when did that last happen?) and won 6 of our last 7 in all competitions.

At this stage its about racking up as many wins as we can and having tge humility to accept that other sides are better than us right now. Let them take the praise while we continue quietly picking up points.

I'd take a season of boring wins over entertaining draws and defeats.
Winning's never boring eh! Not too boring hopefully...;)

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Despite us being able to win 4/5 nil today its good to be right back up in the top 5 after the last 2 matches since the result against Liverpool & we are above Liverpool now. We have also had a few clean sheets last few games aswell,

redanddread

Thats because there was no one else on the pitch trying to(or even capable of) create something. It was a toss up between Sanchez losing the ball and Ramsey losing the ball.
Yes but you can create via patience and quick movement of the ball to create openings then hopefully the player on the ball can make the pass. I love Sanchez but at present he slows it down and gives it away far too often. Still he comes up with a delightful assist for Iwobi.

Today he was crap apart from a few good things but I still want him in the team because he can win you a game at any moment.

Has he played well this season.....no effing way, he's been diabolical by his high standards. Hopefully that changes soon. In fact it will need to change soon if we're to do anything this season.

MoTM today, someone's having a laugh.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Wenger and/or Kroenke cared about our club would Wenger step down & allow Ancelloti to takeover considering what he said saying Arsenal is the club he would takeover at the moment?

TheLawOfDiQ

It was boring AF, Wenger rewarding Giroud for staying by playing him as much as he can get away with.

And we take off a goal scorer for Walcott? **** me.

baccy_man

Established Member
The same boring slow passing as we have been seeing for quite a few seasons now,
Where has all the pace gone from our team we used to get the ball up the other end of the pitch in a few passes not spend all day passing it about,
I think the players must be trying to get their stats for passing the ball up.

redanddread

The same boring slow passing as we have been seeing for quite a few seasons now,
Where has all the pace gone from our team we used to get the ball up the other end of the pitch in a few passes not spend all day passing it about,
I think the players must be trying to get their stats for passing the ball up.
When you have all 11 opposition players behind the ball it takes patience to try and create an opening. You can appreciate that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom