• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyrth

Well well well...

He who laughs last... :drool:
Nothing to do with his quality. Still a top player, bit of a snake like Cesc and RvP if true but still heads above most.
I'm just a very objective person. It's not his fault Arsenal plays like proper ****s.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The fanboys aren't going to like that :lol:

Özil is very talented and I've argued his corner but he's offering far too little to care. Can deal with him going right now to be honest. Very indifferent to him these days.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nothing to do with his quality. Still a top player, bit of a snake like Cesc and RvP if true but still heads above most.
I'm just a very objective person. It's not his fault Arsenal plays like proper ****s.
I'd never blame any player for leaving the club while it's managed by Wenger and is stuck in reverse. Özil should have kept his gob shut about the criticism he and the club received though. It looks pretty sh!t now, but not nearly as funny when I think of people on here that wanted gobble him off for it.

Toast

Established Member
So why hasn't this guy signed a new contract yet? For months he was gushing about how he'd love to stay, only for talks to suddenly 'slow down' when the transfer window shut.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Lol we all know why

To be fair though 4 seasons (or has it been longer?) is fair enough can’t really complain.

If we were on the verge of having a league winning team I would probably feel different but for what this club is trying to do he’s not really needed.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
So why hasn't this guy signed a new contract yet? For months he was gushing about how he'd love to stay, only for talks to suddenly 'slow down' when the transfer window shut.
Hoping another club would came in for him, like Theo did at the time RVP left, nobody came in so he signed.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Lol we all know why

To be fair though 4 seasons (or has it been longer?) is fair enough can’t really complain.

If we were on the verge of having a league winning team I would probably feel different but for what this club is trying to do he’s not really needed.

What is this club trying to do exactly?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If rumours are to be believed there's been virtually no real contract talks with Özil since February.

It's all speculation at this point though, we can all talk about him potentially joining United, him wanting/not wanting to sign a new contract or him basically faking an injury when none of us actually know anything about it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
In the 4 seasons he has been with us has won the world cup and fa cup 3 times.
Good for him for being involved in a German WC winning squad... On the domestic front, we've also failed to mount a serious challenge in the league and performed as badly in the CL as we ever have, culminating in us falling out the top for the first time in 20 years.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
In the 4 seasons he has been with us has won the world cup and fa cup 3 times.

I will be gutted when he leaves, quality player. We likely wont attract that calibre anymore with the crazy prices so I expect wenger to play ramsey in his place.
Everyone who is saying “we need to move on” or “we’d be better with a better goal scorer in the 10 hole” needs to read this repeatedly, until it sinks in. The fact that we’re no longer the Invincibles is not his fault — if anything, he’s one of the few players we’ve had since then who’s on their level.

blaze_of_glory

Everyone who is saying “we need to move on” or “we’d be better with a better goal scorer in the 10 hole” needs to read this repeatedly, until it sinks in. The fact that we’re no longer the Invincibles is not his fault — if anything, he’s one of the few players we’ve had since then who’s on their level.
I agree he has been very valuable, more so than many give him credit for. But we have also shown that the club/team is able deal with big players leaving with little overall change to results. We'll get by with or without him/Alexis. There's always other players and approaches.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

What is this club trying to do exactly?
Judging by what’s gone on for well over the past decade, in order

1. Make a f*ck ton of revenue
2. Secure a CL spot
3. Anything else like winning cups the better teams don’t care about - is a bonus.

I actually had time for this during the stadium move but now it’s not a good look. In any case you don’t really require the likes of Özil/Sanchez to do the above and those two have realised this.

Wenger a staunch admirer of numerous other top players as well as building title winning teams in the past knows in his heart of hearts the past few teams of recent times are not winning any major trophy what so ever. Has he even tried to rectify this?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Özil has lost his form.

Just like Kaka and Ronaldinhio before him. He was good in 2015/16, but 2nd half of last season became trash.

I don't think he'll get it back...he's just lost motivation. I knew I was right about the fake injury vs Chelsea. He's been dropped.

We don't need him in our team. Similar to how West Ham didn't need Mascherano or ManU with Di Maria.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I agree he has been very valuable, more so than many give him credit for. But we have also shown that the club/team is able deal with big players leaving with little overall change to results. We'll get by with or without him/Alexis. There's always other players and approaches.
One of the reasons we manage to deal with departures, is that we bring in more big players (eventually, at least). Cesc and RVP left, and were semi-quickly replaced by Özil, then Alexis. I for one am not that confident that their replacements will be of the same quality as the four.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Good for him for being involved in a German WC winning squad... On the domestic front, we've also failed to mount a serious challenge in the league and performed as badly in the CL as we ever have, culminating in us falling out the top for the first time in 20 years.
Some people just refuse to accept that for all of his talent the commitment level has been suspect. What I find particularly puzzling is that beyond the woeful excuse making for why he needs perfect conditions to put in any sort of a performance it's also seemingly ok for him to slate club legends while slyly looking for the exit door. I don't see how anyone who roots for the shirt could look at the balance of his attitude and effort level and be pleased with his efforts here and that's even before shooting his whingy little mouth off while he's downed tools and plotting to leave. Sanchez is a professional. This guy is a player Madrid let go for a reason and it's starting to become clear that it was about more than just wanting a shiny new toy in the form of Bale.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Exactly.

We'll survive without him but all in all he's been a decent asset over the last four years.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m ok with Özil leaving to be honest. In the end all the criticisms hold some weight. Supremely talented and has contributed to us winning some silverware in the form of the FA cup but the points his critics make are true also, except that body language sh1te

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom