• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

Are you mad? George Weah has been elected on an anti corruption ticket. And you're already comparing him to Mugabe.

Unrealistic expectations and frustrations have made Arsenal fans mental.
i don't care about george weah, and if that is the weighted point of the comment and what was considered offensive then ignore my question.

i place more relevance on why the ex players are not in corner

Godwin1

Very well-known
We're not seeing to much different from Wenger to what we've been seeing for quite a few seasons now, similar issues, it really is the same old conversation. But I'm interested to hear what has changed for the majority of posters on here? Was getting top 4 doing for you before this? I remember taking a lot of flak for things being openly discussed here now, even after that Leicester season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don't believe the hype bro. All of the top teams have cycled out of the top 4 in recent history. But only Arsenal are a complete shambles with a clueless manager apparently.
Well you say he has to go now, so what is it? You want a man who you still think is doing a good job to go? You want a man who is still making good decisions and doesn't appear clueless as to what to do, to go?

Why do you also want him gone?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well you say he has to go now, so what is it? You want a man who you still think is doing a good job to go? You want a man who is still making good decisions and doesn't appear clueless as to what to do, to go?

Why do you also want him gone?
More than happy for a change, looking forward to it bro.

But all this aggressive ranting about Wenger is just unhinged frustration.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
More than happy for a change, looking forward to it bro.

But all this aggressive ranting about Wenger is just unhinged frustration.
There's nothing unhinged about a lot of it - it seems quite rational in many cases. Most of the people who were trying to convince me Arsène should have stepped aside 5 years ago argued their POV in a very lucid manner. I often wonder whatever happened to Anzac, a major poster before your recent arrival, who was a huge advocate of Wenger leaving. I had tremendous arguments/debates with him in favour of Arsène staying.

However, can you blame some people today getting slightly "unhinged" when they can scarcely believe that somehow he managed to get another extension, when in their opinion he should have gone years ago.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There's nothing unhinged about a lot of it - it seems quite rational in many cases. Most of the people who were trying to convince me Arséne should have stepped aside 5 years ago argued their POV in a very lucid manner. I often wonder whatever happened to Anzac, a major poster before your recent arrival, who was a huge advocate of Wenger leaving. I had tremendous arguments/debates with him in favour of Arséne staying.

However, can you blame some people today getting slightly "unhinged" when they can scarcely believe that somehow he managed to get another extension when in their opinion he should have gone years ago.
It's alright for the trax boy, he can just withdraw and watch the bowls, do some landscape oil painting or go diving for two months, while the rest of us absorb the stress for him and go about removing Wenger so he can enjoy his football again. Do you think we'll get a thanks when we've succeeded? :rolleyes:

redanddread

I can't even force myself to get excited over the potential arrival of PEA & Mhiki and maybe Malcolm because it won't make a jot of a difference if Arsène is still at the helm. The only signing that could honestly get me excited is a new manager.

We're witnessing an absolute debacle here with the transfer of Alexis Sanchez, one of the modern greats of Arsenal, another star player who just got fed up of having to play with sub-standard colleagues and a manager that no longer knew how to move his team to the "next" level.

redanddread

It's alright for the trax boy, he can just withdraw and watch the bowls, do some landscape oil painting or go diving for two months, while the rest of us absorb the stress for him and go about removing Wenger so he can enjoy his football again. Do you think we'll get a thanks when we've succeeded? :rolleyes:
:D:D

One day maybe. It did take the Catholic church a few hundred years to apologize for much of the evil they committed, like the inquisition etc. Sometimes it just takes time for **** to rub in.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Yeah, I am almost feeling sorry for him.

Which poster claimed it was a bit like stockholm syndrome. LOL
It was me and I was right, it is a bit like Stockholm syndrome. Even up to last year I was in truth undecided what was for the best and maybe he'd change ("m,m,m,maybe he'll change" said like some beaten wife!!). I guess some people just find it hard to believe the evidence of their own eyes but arguing non stop for theories (and only theories) is just plain trolling. All this whilst we're getting annihilated by Liverpool and Notts Forest in succession as well as the usual losses to the Stokes etc. Now we are f**king up contracts for our 3 best players (I include Jack in that, as we now appear to be low balling him and asking him to accept a pay cut!) it all serves to wind people up, me included. Saying things like Wengers a poor human being is wrong in my book too and is just frustration, understandable, but wrong, even just given the length of time in his life hes given to the club. Only a shareholder or a complete cretin (if a fan and not a troll), though could see any positive in the situation right now with the man clinging on by his fingernails. Mad trolley dash incoming so Wenger can cling on a bit longer would be my guess.....

STATS

Don't believe the hype bro. All of the top teams have cycled out of the top 4 in recent history. But only Arsenal are a complete shambles with a clueless manager apparently.
United - moyes lasted less than a year for his 7th position finish. LVG got them a 4th and a 5th spot finish along with an FA cup - got the sack.
Chelsea - Jose won the league with them, got the sack next season, Conte wins them the PL the next season.
Pool - Rodgers takes them to touching distance of a PL, 6th in the next - sakced.
Sp**s - well they have actually CHALLENGED for the title in the last 2 years and only an idiot would want Poch out.

If anything, we are the exception of the wrong way here. Most of these teams were out of top4, changed the management and went on to be better, much better.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

There's nothing unhinged about a lot of it - it seems quite rational in many cases. Most of the people who were trying to convince me Arséne should have stepped aside 5 years ago argued their POV in a very lucid manner. I often wonder whatever happened to Anzac, a major poster before your recent arrival, who was a huge advocate of Wenger leaving. I had tremendous arguments/debates with him in favour of Arséne staying.

However, can you blame some people today getting slightly "unhinged" when they can scarcely believe that somehow he managed to get another extension, when in their opinion he should have gone years ago.
Yeah, humans have a habit of looking at things differently for sure. Some people argued for Donald Trump to be president in a lucid manner. But he's still a ****ing narcissistic idiot as far as I'm concerned bro.

IslingtonBornandbred

Yeah, humans have a habit of looking at things differently for sure. Some people argued for Donald Trump to be president in a lucid manner. But he's still a ****ing narcissistic idiot as far as I'm concerned bro.

I'd take Trump as our manager. As Jenkinson would say "now that would be pure banter".

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol: If you've been going about removing Wenger, you haven't done a very good job of it bro.

redanddread

It's not quite the same bro. I mean at least Trump knows how to set up a defense. :eek:

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I reckon Trump might opt for more than a 4 man wall.

Person supports football manager because of pure business case. Hates American president because of pure human emotion, ignoring any business sense/history. Contradiction of ideology there anyone?
Who knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom