• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I think it was a mutual agreement. Club told Wenger they don’t think it’s working anymore, Wenger surprisingly agreed

Would make a great book but sadly I know he’s not going to write one. 2 hour interview with bein ports very very needed

BobP

Memri Fan
I said I can't open it, I don't have a membership. In any case, as I said, you can believe what you want....Free country.

The only person with a narrative here is you.

Wanting to believe that Wenger, from the goodness of his heart, decided to just leave before the expiration of his contract, something which he has said, on many occasions, that he would never do.

If that's not a narrative, I don't know what is.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
If he was sacked, does anyone really think the club would just come out with that in public and humiliate the man, after handing him a new contract last year as it would make them look like prize tools as well?
Anyway really surprisingly well handled by everyone involved. Team gets a boost for Europa league, Wenger hopefully gets a proper and fitting send off from the fans (rather than the long slow death we've been witnessing) and there is time for the club to think about an appointment and even make one before the end of season/world cup.
Good planning Id say.
Indeed merci Arsène, however not going to shed tears or get too emotional, he was on 9million a year doing the job he loved (a bit too much if you ask me), hes been a good servant but the club goes on, as it bloody well should.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Wanting to believe that Wenger, from the goodness of his heart, decided to just leave before the expiration of his contract, something which he has said, on many occasions, that he would never do.

Dude, give it a rest. It is a feckless controversy. If you want to keep harping on this, create a new thread.

say yes

forum master baiter

Wait what? People actually believe that this is a voluntary resignation from Mr ‘I will never fail to honour my contract’ Wenger? :lol:

Common sense says he was pushed. Gazidis’s press conference strongly implied he was pushed. Every single respectable newspaper is reporting that he was pushed.

Not a criticism of our board at all by the way. It 100% had to be done and they’ve done it in the classiest way possible. Deserve credit for both their tact and for finally showing some courage.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Wait what? People actually believe that this is a voluntary resignation from Mr ‘I will never fail to honour my contract’ Wenger? :lol:

Common sense says he was pushed. Gazidis’s press conference strongly implied he was pushed. Every single respectable newspaper is reporting that he was pushed.

Not a criticism of our board at all by the way. It 100% had to be done and they’ve done it in the classiest way possible. Deserve credit for both their tact and for finally showing some courage.

Dude, can you spare us this pointless made up controversy? Let's leave this thread for tributes. It is called "Merci Arsène", for a reason, FFS.

say yes

forum master baiter
Dude, can you spare us this pointless made up controversy? Let's leave this thread for tributes. It is called "Merci Arséne", for a reason, FFS.

I’m genuinely a bit confused. What has been made up?

This is a thread for Wenger’s departure. Why can’t we discuss that? Hardly like people haven’t paid their respects. There are already 44 pages of tributes for the big man to read when he next logs in.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I’m genuinely a bit confused. What has been made up?

This is a thread for Wenger’s departure. Why can’t we discuss that? Hardly like people haven’t paid their respects. There are already 44 pages of tributes for the big man to read when he next logs in.

It is called "Merci Arsène" for reason. If you want to stir up your made up controversy, open an other thread. Capiche?

BobP

Memri Fan
Does he have any actual sources? Or is it just like the Daily Mail's "it can now be revealed?" Sorry, but I'm taking Ornstein's word over all these clowns that embarrass themselves during the transfer window with wild speculation packaged as news.

You can believe whatever you want.

All I can say is that this paper isn't known for just conjuring news out of thin air.

That doesn't really matter though does it? If you're unwilling to entertain even the thought that Wenger could have been given an ultimatum then any evidence put forward is moot in your eyes.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Does he have any actual sources? Or is it just like the Daily Mail's "it can now be revealed?" Sorry, but I'm taking Ornstein's word over all these clowns that embarrass themselves during the transfer window with wild speculation packaged as news.
Ornstein is just a reporter, he's not a journalist with independent sources.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

All I can say is that this paper isn't known for just conjuring news out of thin air.

That doesn't really matter though does it? If you're unwilling to entertain even the thought that Wenger could have been given an ultimatum then any evidence put forward is moot in your eyes.

I'm perfectly willing to entertain actual evidence. Thus far I've heard none. Speculation isn't evidence.

say yes

forum master baiter

It’s not just Hughes in the Times. Every single respectable paper is running with the same story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom