• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Given there's no evidence, obviously.

Not like you with some rubbish sources trying to shove fake news into people's throat.

So The Times is now a 'rubbish source' and the propagator of 'fake news'?

giphy.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

1 FA Cup victory, 1 Carling Cup final and semi-final in much harder EL than previous year! We have still time to make those two years worth a something!

Very poor is reaching.
I think it was very poor, many do. I look at the league table for this season, see that we are 16 points off fourth place and I think it was very poor.

I'm not going to try and force the opinion on anybody though so we can leave it there.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

There's no evidence that he was sacked whatsoever.

Nobody saw this coming until it actually happened, not even a single paper. And they're now supposed to know that he was sacked? Yeah, not believing that for a second.

I did see Marcotti on twitter who is a times columnist

"
It's not really rock solid they wanted to sack him , seem speculative.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How can those guys come up with stuff like this?

"Wenger believed they were"

How do hes know what Wenger believe? Are they friends who talk about stuff like that on regular basis?

My guess they spoke to one of Wengers mates . Whether the board was going to sack him Ornstein doesn't seem to think so .

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Everything points towards Wenger being respectfully told/asked if would like to leave.

Football is his life, he loves the club and he has unwavering belief in his abilities. He always stands by his contracts and everyone can agree that if he's one thing he's a man of principles. Moves have been made to change the club structure while he was already here and it was strongly implied that the seasonal objective was to challenge for the league/finish in the CL spots. The mood around the club was dour, we became a talking point amongst Europe and for the wrong reasons too. In addition, reports indicate he'll be getting a pay off and lastly this is the kind of resignation that happens in many high profile posts so there's precedent for it.

A lot of evidence and common sense points to this being a respectful nudge from the board but if you don't want to believe that then fair enough, no need to act like a little baby about it though. It's the ones who take the moral high ground who always seem to be the ones actually causing arguments.:)

P.S. The Times is legit.

P.S.S. Ornstein being the clubs official mouthpiece means you have to sometimes take his words with a pinch of salt. Nothing to do with 'narratives' and 'agendas' you drama queens.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The funny part is that the same guy asking for evidence could not bring up any serious ones to support his feckless narrative. Bunch of plonkers.
The people who have been abusing Wenger for years must be seething reading a thread that has nothing but praise for the great man. So they're clinging to anything negative they can latch onto at this stage.

Wenger being sacked is about it, oh, and he's been very poor. :lol:

Gegen Pressing

I did see Marcotti on twitter who is a times columnist

"
It's not really rock solid they wanted to sack him , seem speculative.

It's BS indeed.
Wenger felt the best chance to win the EL was to sacifice himself. Genius move imo. In chess you sacrifice your queen to better your position...
Wenger sacrificed the whole game for a chance to save his legacy.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The people who have been abusing Wenger for years must be seething reading a thread that has nothing but praise for the great man. So they're clinging to anything negative they can latch onto at this stage.

Wenger being sacked is about it, oh, and he's been very poor. :lol:
Awful post.

And I rarely say stuff like that.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@carlito'sway

Are you seriously arguing that The Times is a poor source?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What's incredible is how the likes of you start frothing, to use @Makingtrax's favourite word, at the mere suggestion that Wenger could have been forced out.

So sensitive.
Leave it mate. I like them both as posters but there are certain topics/times where there's just no point trying to debate with them. They're both 'full-froth' at the moment.:lol:

say yes

forum master baiter
Indeed....The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror....all respectable papers. What a load of rubbish.

The funny part is that, Jeremy Wilson and Orsntein, two of the most credible journos on all things Arsenal, never gave any credence to this nonsense, but they are suddenly not reliable for some.

1. I didn't mention any of those papers. That's either an awful strawman or you're being deliberately dense.

2. I said the respectable papers are reporting it. You clearly know who the respectable papers (as they are all the ones you didn't mention). Why have you chosen to deliberately ignore my point?

The Times: Arsène Wenger told after 22 years: go or be sacked
The Times said:
Arsène Wenger has been left saddened at being effectively forced out of Arsenal after 22 years yesterday after indications from the board that he would be sacked at the end of the season if he did not resign.

The Independent: Arsène Wenger walked out on Arsenal to avoid the sack and would be open to the right managerial job
The Independent said:
Arsène Wenger jumped before he was pushed after Arsenal had made it clear to him that they wanted to move on this summer, The Independent has learned.

The Guardian: Wenger jumped because he feared push from Arsenal board
The Guardian said:
Arsène Wenger took the seismic decision to walk away from Arsenal on his own terms because he was mindful of the very real threat that he would be sacked at the end of the season.

And yes. All the tabloids that you helpfully posted above are also reporting the same story. Including the likes of John Cross who people often treat as oh so reliable on Arsenal.

3. To be fair to you Carlito, I thought I should also include all the respectable papers who are reporting that Wenger jumped completely of his own volition:

4. Yeah.

5. But what about Jeremy Wilson I hear you wimper? I thought that he's never given 'any credence to this nonsense'. And he outweighs all the other journalists outlined above.

Well about that:
Forced. Upon. Arsène Wenger.
Jeremy Wilson said:
The clear expectation was that Wenger would be asked to leave this summer and, with a far more ignominious departure hanging over him, he decided to bring forward confirmation of the news.
Seems like he's saying the same thing as all the others to me. He's certainly not contradicting them.

6. Ornstein's the only one not running with this story about how it happened. But the thing is that Ornstein isn't running with any story about how it happened. As @American_Gooner has pointed out, he's a reporter not a journalist.

This is a good illustration for me:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43841645
Ornstein said:
Without being privy to the dialogue, we do not know how mutual and there are reports Wenger jumped before he was pushed.

Orstnein is being completely open about the fact that he doesn't know how the decision was made. Crucially, he has not dismissed the reports about him jumping before he was pushed.

7. I understand that this is an emotional couple of days for you, as one of the 0.8% on this forum who somehow still thought that Wenger was the right man for the job. That's no excuse for this genuinely pathetic posting however. The news isn't just the stories that you agree with.

If you want to reply do so with facts (notice how I've added quotes and links for you?), not this tedious 'fake news' dribble.

KROENKE SUCKS

Wenger was forced out, thats why he wasn't allowed to address the press himself and had a statement by the club prepared for him instead. Its disgraceful. The man gets sacked for missing out on Cl once in 20 years. They couldn't even give him a chance to win the Uefa Cup before deciding. After all he has done for the club, after all the big clubs he has turned down for us...

Wenger has himself been very proud of the fact that he never resigned from any job and has always honoured his contracts.

Suddenly it is announced that he will be leaving a year before his contract expires and that suggests to me that either he has health problems or that he was asked to step down or be sacked anyway.

The likely scenario is that the board told Wenger that sacking him is the last option they want to take, but unfortunately, they simply can't see him stay on for another year and unless he agrees to step down at their request, they will have to terminate his contract in the summer and kind of end their relationship on bad terms. Wenger is intelligent enough to at this point realise that stepping down is the only sensible option for him to take. I'm sure once he writes his book, it will mentioned that he only resigned because the club told him to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom