• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Exactly. And they'll apologize for it and then the ones that survive what you would hope is a proper cull by the incoming manager will down tools again at the first sign of the other team showing they want to win the match. It's disgusting.

The least I wanted to see was the players properly distraught at the final whistle, just something to show they really cared. I didn't see that. As much blame is to be put at the feet of Wenger we can't keep on absolving the players. They've hidden behind Wenger, just as the board have. The one saving grace now is that there'll be nowhere for either to hide.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I said this last week. But since Wenger announcered he was leaving has the team put in a single performance or result that was indicative of all the “we’re playing for Arsène” now BS that they spouted? I honestly haven’t seen a difference. Subject against West Ham for 80 minutes, impotent and switched off against a 10 man Atleti team at home in a European semi, bar the youngsters we disorganised and lost against United away and tonight we played with no intensity, no urgency, no nothing in probably the most important game we’ve had in years. Look at the Atleti players, certain of CL football next season, 2nd in what is statistically the best league in the world, 2 time CL finalists and already won this trophy twice before in the last few years, yet despite all that the hunger they had made me insanely jealous.

I’m already depressed about next season. I’m worried this is as much an underlining mentality issue as much as it is tactical. A new man can change how we play, but if you’re a loser that can’t up for a massive occasion like tonight then you’re a lost cause.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why did we go for Aubameyang in January? Was that a Mislintat signing as he doesn’t rate Lacazette?

A winger (Mahrez) and another striker (Giroud) over those two games and we’d be in the final.

Depressing
At least he gets to leave!

Honestly can't fault his tactics in the first game, should have won us the tie with them going down to 10 men...

He will never admit it but if let his players down today, then it is nothing comparing to the players letting him down the whole tie.

And actually a many many games feels like that really. Many games where Wenger outsmart the other managers tactically only to be let down by his players. Very sad.

CanadianGooner1608

Yeah well... yeah. The season is over. Ended in a whisper.
Not my type to be negative, but I seriously couldn't see anything we did right.
There was no hunger, no ruthlessness. Freaking Costa bullied us the whole game.
Oblak barely had to be called upon.

Yeah "let's give the coach the send-off he deserves" was a load of rubbish, and so was this game.
Depressing performance.

Edit: one bright spot actually: Chambers did really good, considering. Calmest of the bunch on the ball.

yassalls

Reading a lot on social media about Özil disappearing again in a big game. Except Chambers who was really solid today IMO he was the only one who showed a little bit of understanding of the game taking up positions away from a very congested central area. All our players wanted to get brought the middle which is IMPOSSIBLE against Atletico. Wenger got it tactically wrong tonight. The only way to break that team down is by making the pitch big with wingers staying wide and forcing 2v1 on the sides or at least 2v2 to get to the byline to put crosses in for runners coming from deep (Ramsey & Wilshere) with Lacazette occupying both CB. Welbeck showed very little positional discipline specially as the game went on. Each time he received the ball he came back into the middle onto his right foot.
When we got down the sides their wide players came to help out their fullback creating overloads and leaving Monreal and Bellerin isolated and having to go back. How often did the ball travel from side to side without anyone getting to the byline?????

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Why did we go for Aubameyang in January?
Because Giroud and Walcott weren't getting games within 6 months from the World Cup, so after they were sold/close to getting sold, they went for a high profile signing who couldn't play in the EL.
Arsenal management at its best and worst.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Honestly can't fault his tactics in the first game, should have won us the tie with them going down to 10 men...

He will never admit it but if let his players down today, then it is nothing comparing to the players letting him down the whole tie.

And actually a many many games feels like that really. Many games where Wenger outsmart the other managers tactically only to be let down by his players. Very sad.

Is this a case of them letting him down though? I don’t think it is. We don’t have a striker, a well functioning midfield or a defence that can concentrate for 5 mins yet alone 180.
The players cannot play beyond their ability. They tried their best but they simply aren’t good enough when it matters

Is this a case of them letting him down though? I don’t think it is. We don’t have a striker, a well functioning midfield or a defence that can concentrate for 5 mins yet alone 180.
The players cannot play beyond their ability. They tried their best but they simply aren’t good enough when it matters

I think the players were good enough to put in a couple of the chances they had in the first game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Typical Arsenal really, should’ve known better. Just like when we beat Leicester only to then lose to Utd/Swansea and draw against Tottenham.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Be interesting to replay those two games, same managers, same players, except we get Costa and Griezmann, they get Laca and Welbeck.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why did we go for Aubameyang in January? Was that a Mislintat signing as he doesn’t rate Lacazette?

A winger (Mahrez) and another striker (Giroud) over those two games and we’d be in the final.
Because we needed someone to replace Alexis yes its weird to replace him with striker but I'm happy we got him anyway fantastic player

sammy89

The fact that Atletico didn`t turn us over with ease makes it a lot more disappointing. They were very beatable. If we had 2-0 from the first game we would have been through.

Please let us not start with this consolation bullshit. Atletico do not thrash teams, they do just enough to get the desired result and shut up shop. 1 or 2 goal leads are their bread and butter. Don't let this fool you into thinking we were close.

JonBonBon

This squad, including the players that left this season(I'm looking at you Walcott and "Ox") has been all talk no action. The amount of crap we've heard from the players over the course of this season about what they need to do and how they need to do it is beyond cringeworthy. The generic statements we've been fed as though they assume we are complete idiots makes me give absolutely no ****s about next season. I wish Wenger all the luck in the world and may consider supporting whichever team he manages next season. As for Ramsey and co, they can carry on with their "intentions" and fail miserably for all I care.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This squad, including the players that left this season(I'm looking at you Walcott and "Ox") has been all talk no action. The amount of crap we've heard from the players over the course of this season about what they need to do and how they need to do it is beyond cringeworthy. The generic statements we've been fed as though they assume we are complete idiots makes me give absolutely no ****s about next season. I wish Wenger all the luck in the world and may consider supporting whichever team he manages next season. As for Ramsey and co, they can carry on with their "intentions" and fail miserably for all I care.
Yep, his players let him down as they have done 99% of the time in the last 10 years. Koscielny defensively and Lacazette mostly in attack. Swap those two for Godin and Costa and we probably win the tie 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom