• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Özil can make magic happen even in the last second of the match. You never take him off and play him when he's fit. I agree with Wenger here 100%
Thats the illusion ANY player with some bit of creativity can create something at ANY time. Problem is if Özil has not made an impact on the game by 60mins then our tactics (overall) of trying to play through him are ****..because other than the "killer pass" what does he offer?

Yes you can argue all day he can create something but if we are struggling by 65 mins then we need some kind of tactical change and sorry he should be taken off. Sick of hearing this 'magic' he produces and how we are not playing to his strengths. Look we dont have a Ronaldo neither do 99.99% of teams so if he can only shine playing behind him then he may as well fcuk off back (but they wont have him..I wonder why?) because what we need are players who ARE consistent and can perform or we will NEVER become srious CL challengers again!

VancouverCanuck

I suppose it's asking too much to beat Atletico over 2 legs.

But this is no more than what we deserve. We are just not good all season.

Really wanted Wenger to finally win a European trophy....but it wasn't meant to be. In the end, the quality of our play has deteriated so much in the last few years that it is no surprise we are in the current predicament.

Polar Bear

So disappointing. very frustrating. We lost it in the 1st game, should have won comfortably against 10 men.

Tonight was so frustrating to watch, lets be honest we barely had a shot on goal, one shot the keeper saved I think. We could have been there to midnight and we weren't gonna score, so limp and went out. I just never felt we were gonna score, as the game was going I was thinking unless we get a penalty we just could be here until midnight and not score.

Gegen Pressing

Players "We'll win it for the boss. We owe it to him." .
Wenger "The club will be in great position when I leave that I can promise "
Gazidis "Lets not forget Arsenal is also #1 in social media and have best FanTV Fan base "

Time for ReGenesis. Cleanse, purge, drain this club from its dross accumulated over the years top to bottom. #GazidisOut

Wryer

Atletico's spirit and desire over the two legs was nothing short of outstanding. Incredible efficiency and ability to see out a result.

We have better talent but don't have an inch of their verve. I think that is the ultimate disappointment.

For all the rallying cries, ultimately the players didn't know what else they could call upon to get the result.

CanadianGooner1608

Griezman showed more desire in this leg than our whole squad.
I'm not under any illusion players really play for the badge anymore except maybe a select few in the world of football, but the way he was screaming at his fans, engaging them to roar for the team, how he kept playing not even noticing he was bleeding from the head was inspiring.

Not even going to comment on the quality of his play because that goes without saying. Just wanted to point out the sheer guts of him.

MkhiMagic

Atletico's spirit and desire over the two legs was nothing short of outstanding. Incredible efficiency and ability to see out a result.

We have better talent but don't have an inch of their verve. I think that is the ultimate disappointment.

For all the rallying cries, ultimately the players didn't know what else they could call upon to get the result.
Oblak, Godin, Saul, Koke, Costa, Griezmann. Don’t think that’s really true.

Goonerozil33

Both those times was the stupid defence's fault . Why are you still so high up the pitch near the end of the fvcking game.
Well that is where mistakes happens. You need to know when to slow down the game. And you should know what you wanted to take forward from that game. We needed a clean sheet in the first leg. Blaming the defence is just too easy because for every goal conceded it will be some defenders fault. Football is not as simple as that

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

I don't know if I agree with "better talent," but they definitely have an enviable, truly elite mentality.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I woke up so angry about last night. It's 3 hours on and I'm still bloody angry and probs will remain so for the rest of the weekend.

One of the worst performances I have seen us play because I have never seen the team give up on a trophy so early and so easily. Looking back it's as if they didn't want it.

I have no explanation for what I saw last night. The more beatable AM looked the worst we became.

And Wenger made only ONE SUB, and late, when it was obvious at half time that a radical change was needed.

So angry.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
rubber game when the whole season was riding on the next game? Should have played 20 minutes against United and started this one. Absolutely mental decision by Wenger. His obsession with talentless dross like Welbeck cost him his job.
tell me about it, has cazorla vs ludogorets written all over it, even if the reason he didn't start vs atletico is an injury picked up in utd game.

His obsession with talentless dross like Welbeck cost him his job.
good riddance to both of.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Yes those 2 put in an effort and I thought Chambers was absolutely immense. The rest were pitiful. Lacazette I thought started well and then just never got the ball in a position to really do anything with it. He definitely looks better with Auba as a partner.
that costa chance is almost a carbon copy of the laca chance a few minutes earlier.

that's the difference, between Laca vs. Oblak and Costa vs Ospina.

not to mention the second time laca similarly messed up his first touch and let the chance slide. 50 m well spent there.

Polar Bear

We badly needed Giroud for these 2 games.

I don't care if you think Giroud is **** or whatever, these 2 games against Atletico we had about 50,000 crosses go into the box and apart from only once in the 1st leg there was no one to put them away. A lot of high balls in the air too. Giroud would have scored, I'm totally convinced. Especially the 1st leg.. there were tons of high crosses going in, Giroud always gets on the end on them eventually. Even if he scored a few ugly scrappy headers, it does not matter, we could have gone through.

Really stupid to let him go when we knew from the start that Aubameyang can not play, and this is the only trophy we can actually win.

Giroud12

Watching atletico for 180 minutes just makes it even clearer how extremely important it is to appoint a manager with the right philosophy. Cheating, time wasting, diving and complaining to the ref the entire game, not doing a whole lot at home and hanging on for dear life away.

If watching a team is boring it doesnt matter if its succesful. Football is first and foremost entertainment, and who can honestly say they enjoy watching a Simeone or Mourinho team? I can to some extent understand the way bottom teams play against big teams, because they have no other option, but the nr 2 side in La Liga should really entertain its audience.

Thank god that cünt Simeone wont come near our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom