• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watching atletico for 180 minutes just makes it even clearer how extremely important it is to appoint a manager with the right philosophy. Cheating, time wasting, diving and complaining to the ref the entire game, not doing a whole lot at home and hanging on for dear life away.

If watching a team is boring it doesnt matter if its succesful. Football is first and foremost entertainment, and who can honestly say they enjoy watching a Simeone or Mourinho team? I can to some extent understand the way bottom teams play against big teams, because they have no other option, but the nr 2 side in La Liga should really entertain its audience.

Thank god that cünt Simeone wont come near our club.
just to remind you before Arsène, Arsenal was boring (we were boring during the first few years of Arsène as an impact of the past too)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Watching atletico for 180 minutes just makes it even clearer how extremely important it is to appoint a manager with the right philosophy. Cheating, time wasting, diving and complaining to the ref the entire game, not doing a whole lot at home and hanging on for dear life away.

If watching a team is boring it doesnt matter if its succesful. Football is first and foremost entertainment, and who can honestly say they enjoy watching a Simeone or Mourinho team? I can to some extent understand the way bottom teams play against big teams, because they have no other option, but the nr 2 side in La Liga should really entertain its audience.

It would still be morally correct for us

We dont have Nor spend as much as the Manchester teams, not even our two local rivals, or The big teams out in Europe

We are perpetual underdogs, just like athletico

So playing Simeone football would be totally okey in my book, if we won

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We got to the semi final of a European competition . Everyone was pumped for last night. It's not a stupid competition.

I just felt empty

It is a losers comp

We even failed to win a participation trophy

The CL spot was huge thou

But it could be good for the new manager to have this comp with less pressure for his first season

Hence Wenger should have left before this season

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Clearly the team dont give a **** about Wenger. No where near enough drive to win the tie.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Atletico aren’t even that negative in their play. When the opponent has it in their own half they push up and press them like a bunch of mad men. If you can play around the press you can get in behind them if you play it quickly (which we rarely do these days). Otherwise they all get back into position and defend the width of the penalty box. If the press manages to force you to lose the ball in your own half or in the middle of the pitch they’re very quick and incisive with their counter-attacking. They’re not the sort of team that pass it around endlessly and then try and find the key pass but there’s more than one way to skin a cat.

I actually find counter-attacking football far more exciting than the slow aimless **** we’ve been served up in the last few years.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

Simeone's Atletico teams make most Mourinho sides look like Keegan's Newcastle. Can't argue with the quite frankly brilliant results he's getting but it makes for rough viewing. This Atletico team could have absolutely annihilated us over two legs if they'd only shown a bit more ambition.

Imagine having so much attacking quality you're able to bench Costa, Torres and Gameiro and still serve up such an unnecessarily cautious brand of football.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

But it could be good for the new manager to have this comp with less pressure for his first season

I'm sorry but there are no positives from losing last night.

Arsène Wenger has left this football club in a bad state. I'd rather we lose our final games and not even qualify for Europa League.

**** it at least we can focusing on qualifying the proper way through the league.

It's going to take me a couple of days to get over that shambles from last night.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Arséne Wenger has left this football club in a bad state.
I don;t feel this is true. I think we need to wait and see. We have a great youth group coming through. We've made decent signings in the last 3 windows and they just need some proper organising.

We've won a few trophies in the last few years so we are not considered unsuccessful at the moment. We're just falling short.

CJJ

Established Member
I'm sorry but there are no positives from losing last night.

Arséne Wenger has left this football club in a bad state. I'd rather we lose our final games and not even qualify for Europa League.

**** it at least we can focusing on qualifying the proper way through the league.

It's going to take me a couple of days to get over that shambles from last night.
"Shambles" ?? The final against City was shambles.
We just lost 0-1 away at Atletico and you call it shambles? Get some sense.

News flash: In football you sometimes lose. Doesn't mean you have to label it shambles every time.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Because we needed someone to replace Alexis yes its weird to replace him with striker but I'm happy we got him anyway fantastic player

Of course we’re happy to have him but it’s more awful planning by the club. Just like the addition of Mikitaryan, outstanding player, but leaves us with no variety in attack and no room to add.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

News flash: In football you sometimes lose. Doesn't mean you have to label it shambles every time.

Over both ties it was a shambles.

We played against 10 men for 80 minutes in the first leg. We should have beat them by 3 or 4 in that first leg. I'm sure Atletico would have done the same had one of our players been sent off.

Last night was bad too. We hardly had a proper chance on goal. All we did is sideways passing without no substance.

Look at when Sporting Lisbon played Atletico. They had numerous opportunities at Oblak in Spain even though they lost.

Giroud12

Agreed, think some people are overreacting a bit. The way we went out to an average Monaco side and the Bayern 10-2 was much, much worse. 1-0 away to atletico is not bad. Its the home leg we should have won with 4-5 goals.

If it was City completely outplaying the nr 2 side in La Liga at home, only getting an undeserved 1-1, the media would call it bad luck. If Mourniho had gotten away with 1-0 away, it would have been another "tactical masterpiece".

We were by far the better team over 2 legs and we really deserved to go through.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don;t feel this is true. I think we need to wait and see. We have a great youth group coming through. We've made decent signings in the last 3 windows and they just need some proper organising.

We've won a few trophies in the last few years so we are not considered unsuccessful at the moment. We're just falling short.

I'll explain...

If the rumours are true then we only have a 50m budget in the summer yet we need to sort out numerous positions (GK, 2x CBs, CM, LW/RW).

We spunked most of our budget on getting Aubameyang. Whether that was a smart move only time will tell yet we had more pressing issues than signing another striker at the time.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Can’t go any lower can we?

Sixth best team in the country, rubbish owner, Bald people all over the shop. No money. Rubbish squad.

All without yet mentioning our contemptible squad cost!!

We're really up a creek aren't we? :lol:

progman07

Established Member
Honestly can't fault his tactics in the first game, should have won us the tie with them going down to 10 men...

He will never admit it but if let his players down today, then it is nothing comparing to the players letting him down the whole tie.

And actually a many many games feels like that really. Many games where Wenger outsmart the other managers tactically only to be let down by his players. Very sad.

Especially, because this is 100% his group, which he had unlimited time and freedom to build...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I'll explain...

If the rumours are true then we only have a 50m budget in the summer yet we need to sort out numerous positions (GK, 2x CBs, CM, LW/RW).

We spunked most of our budget on getting Aubameyang. Whether that was a smart move only time will tell yet we had more pressing issues than signing another striker at the time.
Yes worrying suggestions of this. Hoping that these reports are nothing but speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom