• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Yes worrying suggestions of this. Hoping that these reports are nothing but speculation.

It's just a lie to get us to reduce our expectation for the new manager, in my opinion. We all hear 50m budget, we all assume no top manager wants to work under 50m budget, we lower our expectations, they sign an inexperienced manager for cheap and save 5-8m per year on wages.

It's just Kroenke being three steps ahead and playing our fans as usual.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Of course we’re happy to have him but it’s more awful planning by the club. Just like the addition of Mikitaryan, outstanding player, but leaves us with no variety in attack and no room to add.
I think also you can add that we were desperate for someone who can score goals/assist like Alexis. We couldn't find a goal scoring winger.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Watching atletico for 180 minutes just makes it even clearer how extremely important it is to appoint a manager with the right philosophy. Cheating, time wasting, diving and complaining to the ref the entire game, not doing a whole lot at home and hanging on for dear life away.

If watching a team is boring it doesnt matter if its succesful. Football is first and foremost entertainment, and who can honestly say they enjoy watching a Simeone or Mourinho team? I can to some extent understand the way bottom teams play against big teams, because they have no other option, but the nr 2 side in La Liga should really entertain its audience.

Thank god that cünt Simeone wont come near our club.

I bet if you asked the Atletico fans if their happy with their manager right now the answer will be yes.

The feeling of knowing your team can defend and go get a result vs what defensive mistake are we going to make today?

I've seen 'Wengerball' and the attacking philosphy, its all well and good but the feeling of when we give up the game due to not being able to defend is far worse than being on the other side.

I would be proud of the club if I was an Atletico fan this morning, defending like the 300 against wave of attacks over the two legs and delivering two killer blows.. bet it feels a lot better than how us Arsenal fans are feeling........ again!

It may be boring and not very entertaining but it would be nice to watch these nights with a bit of confidence instead of fear that we either wont turn up or will hand the game to the opposition.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I woke up so angry about last night. It's 3 hours on and I'm still bloody angry and probs will remain so for the rest of the weekend.

One of the worst performances I have seen us play because I have never seen the team give up on a trophy so early and so easily. Looking back it's as if they didn't want it.

I have no explanation for what I saw last night. The more beatable AM looked the worst we became.

And Wenger made only ONE SUB, and late, when it was obvious at half time that a radical change was needed.

So angry.

The most depressing realization is that what remains with today, other than the anger, are the cowardly & craven lot who wear our colors.

We can't shift them soon enough.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
With Giroud we would have finished this in the first leg.

He could have bullied the defenders more i agreed, we should not have sold him in January just keep him and look in the summer how to move on. big mistake. another year in the Europe League cannot take that tbf.

Sanis

Giroud scored plenty of his goals from first touch (not only headers) in this tie our attackers lacked composure and often made to many touches or simply had poor first touch.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watched the replay of their goal with Keown commentary. The back line was in a good shape, pushed up nicely. When we lost the ball, 3 of them dropped quickly in shape.

Bellerin though was daydreaming and watching the ball instead of Costa. He reacted far too late and couldn't catch him.

Simeone and Burgos would have torn him a new one for that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Watched the replay of their goal with Keown commentary. The back line was in a good shape, pushed up nicely. When we lost the ball, 3 of them dropped quickly in shape.

Bellerin though was daydreaming and watching the ball instead of Costa. He reacted far too late and couldn't catch him.

Simeone and Burgos would have torn him a new one for that.

Godin would've got stuck into him as well. That is what's missing in the back four, someone that will lead by example and hold the rest to the high standards they set.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Godin would've got stuck into him as well. That is what's missing in the back four, someone that will lead by example and hold the rest to the high standards they set.
It's also missing on the sideline. That goal came down the touchline closest to Wenger. Where is he? Sitting in the dugout in arguably the biggest game of his Arsenal career. Can you imagine Pep, Mourinho , Klopp , Pochettino or Conte sitting doing nothing with minutes to go before half time? I certainly can't. We can all speculate about what goes on behind the scenes but on match day we know our manager rarely gets involved. Whereas his competitors his rivals are out kicking every ball. That translates onto the field for the players.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Don't understand the posters blaming the players, I am sure they all wanted to win the game and the first leg showed we had enough quality to beat them, but that loss is about the manager's work, at the top level you need something more than just a desire & good players.
I am not a big fan of Atleti's football, but you have to admit they know their ****, they are able to produce quality defensive & counter-attacking football in 9 games of 10. Meanwhile we are so inconsistent, our attacks were so good in the first leg, and we still couldn't string 2 good games in a row. How many really good attacking performances have we had this season, 10? That's a number for Mourinho's United tbh. It's amazing that we still have a reputation of a team playing beautiful attacking football.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably would've been better off losing the first leg by another goal with how we went about it last night. We looked torn been attack and defence for most of the game as one goal was it all it would take to change things.

Kept expecting us to just go for it but it never came.

Jae

Wenger's fault for persisting with players who haven't been arsed all season and who make the same mistakes again and again. If it was any other manager they'd be dropped. Wenger's sentiment has been his biggest downfall and it's the main reason I'm glad he's going.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guess it's irrelevant now but where did the three minutes added time come from in the first half?

Koscielny goes down after seven minutes played and Chambers is subbed on around twelve. Even if there hadn't been any further bookings, free kicks or corners it's way off straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom