• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Much more excitement behind Arteta for me. Feel he would attract better players just based on reputation and pedigree. I'll support Emery but I don't see us getting the caliber of players we need to compete. Comes off like the seriously piss poor version of Allegri.

What reputation and pedigree? He has no reputation outside of Pep and a few other people saying he has a “great mind”. You can’t seriously believe that.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What reputation and pedigree :lol:

He has as much pedigree as Alexis' dogs.

What reputation and pedigree? He has no reputation outside of Pep and a few other people saying he has a “great mind”. What can’t seriously believe that.

Working under Guardiola and Wenger. Them and Pochettino saying he'll be a great manager. I'm sorry, but Emery just doesn't do it for me. Hope I'm wrong.

I'f I'm a young, upcoming player, I would rather play for Arteta than Emery. Emery seems like the kind of appointment to allow us to slowly go into mediocrity and have the fan base become truly okay with it. I mean, we're talking not even FA cups, just qualifying for the Europa will be a commendable achievement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Working under Guardiola and Wenger. Them and Pochettino saying he'll be a great manager. I'm sorry, but Emery just doesn't do it for me. Hope I'm wrong.

Yes all these guys can talk and talk but the fact of the matter is he still hasn't managed a game in his life. None of them can see into the future.

I was all for Arteta as well, but right now we need an actual manager who has experience. Considering we're in the Europa league its a good idea to let Emery have a pop at that. See if we can get into the CL, then think about possibly appointing Arteta in the future.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Much more excitement behind Arteta for me. Feel he would attract better players just based on reputation and pedigree. I'll support Emery but I don't see us getting the caliber of players we need to compete. Comes off like the seriously piss poor version of Allegri.

You can't be serious? We had a current player in the team (Ramsey) say that Arteta wasn't ready to manage and you expect bigger and better players than him to give two ****s about one of Peps many assistants? The guy has no reputation or pedigree whatsoever...he literally has not managed, that makes no sense at all. I can understand not wanting Emery, but when your alternative is Arteta i'm out.

al-Ustaadh

You can't be serious? We had a current player in the team (Ramsey) say that Arteta wasn't ready to manage and you expect bigger and better players than him to give two ****s about one of Peps many assistants? The guy has no reputation or pedigree whatsoever...he literally has not managed, that makes no sense at all. I can understand not wanting Emery, but when your alternative is Arteta i'm out.
There's a door somewhere.

al-Ustaadh

This will be a win-win situation for me. If Emery does great, then I can celebrate as an Arsenal fan. If Emery fails miserably, I can tell you all I told you so.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

What exactly is a "no nonsense" style of football? Are there really managers out there that have to turn to their players before a match and say "i want no nonsense from you lot today".

The goal from 1:23 onwards, that's no nonsense. Just straight down to business, no time wasted by passing it back first. Great ballsy stuff, hope we get to see more of that.

Arteta isn't that, though, I think.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
There's a door somewhere.

It would seem with the hiring of Emery it would be more appropriate for you to consider that door. You are making no sense. Arteta has pedigree and reputation? Where was it before he was linked with us? This is hilarious :lol:

blaise

Think people are underestimating Emery a lot. If we remove PSG he d probably be most wanted coach out there bar Allegri maybe. He didnt do so well there but you cant expect coach to succeed everywhere.

Important thing is he takes lot to tactics, video analysis and little things. Things we all felt we lacked massively last couple of years.

Players wanting to play more for him or Arteta are nonsense. He wont do much recruiting for sure, maybe express a wish for a player or two of his. We brought other people for this.

Important is he is great tactically and plays for a win now and anytime. I am tired of the mantra next year and listening that for years. I liked a lot last year his team against Arsenal, especially their positioning.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
image.jpg

Duncan Castles is now backing Arsenal, unbelievable scenes

al-Ustaadh

It would seem with the hiring of Emery it would be more appropriate for you to consider that door. You are making no sense. Arteta has pedigree and reputation? Where was it before he was linked with us? This is hilarious :lol:
Allegri and Arteta were my top two choices for the job (I know... two complete opposites, but I never saw us getting the former). There's an air of excitement with the unknown and what others at the top of the game have said about him. Plus, he loves the club and wants to be here. I couldn't ask for much more. The lack of managerial experience doesn't bother me like it does most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom