• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The contract length doesn't sound like we have faith in him and want to give him time to rebuild which is really what any manager that was coming should have got. 5-6 years contract would show more confidence and then the board should stick with manager through thick and thin.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Mkhy is more of a winger than Özil but you mentioned Özil out wide?

Because he won't be dropped. You can bench Mkhitaryan, you don't bench Özil. I think he'll look to have both strikers in the front 3 and then one other. I think he'll prioritise having 3 midfielders so there won't be room for Mkhitaryan. He'd fit in a 4-2-3-1 but i don't think he'll play that. I could be completely wrong, just speculating.

Emery is a decent signing, but we won't spend the necessary to make top 4 in this league much less win it. Expect to finish 5th or 6th. We should have just kept Wenger.
Exactly right, Wenger was never the problem, Kroenke is.
Wenger shielded Kroenke, took all the blows and responsibility for Kroenke like the true gent and professional that he is, because he knew Kroenke will never change his spending habits. And if not me, then who?
I genuinely believe - and this is just my speculative opinion only - that Wenger stayed for so long because he loves Arsenal and could not envisage any other manager doing as good a job as him in that suffocating environment of running a top club on a limited budget, constantly under the expectation that rabbits will be pulled out of hats and sows ears turned into silk purses.
Arsenal's decline will not change until Kroenke is gone.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
2+1 is a standard contract for everybody

Sounds about right. We're heading into the unknown here, certainly shouldn't be giving 5-6 year contracts like Utd gave to Moyes. Let's just have realistic expectations for him; make us better and see where we go from there. If it's not working out after a couple of years we can just get someone else.

Has to be said too that this has not been a good summer to change manager, there really hasn't been a good selection out there. In the circumstances Emery is a good pick, and y'never know in a few years time there may be a real superstar available to go for.

I think, I think, we've avoided doing a Moyes and that is something to celebrate.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If the rumours are true and Emery plans to give Ramsey a central role, I hope we see him become the captain and we let go of Jack.

Yeah I've read that too, if true then Ramsey is about to get a huge new deal because they've said if he doesnt sign he'll be sold. He's one of our top players and I don't want to lose him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The contract length doesn't sound like we have faith in him and want to give him time to rebuild which is really what any manager that was coming should have got. 5-6 years contract would show more confidence and then the board should stick with manager through thick and thin.

The fact that he's happy with 2+1 suggests he has confidence in his ability. Managers generally want long contracts because it gives them a safety net, if you need a safety net you are already thinking about falling!

Nah.....2 years + 1 yr in option is the standard these days.

Shouldn't be though. Unless you are superclub and can spend 100-200 M every summer it takes longer time to build a squad that can make attempt at the title imo.

In our case it might take a manager(even if it were Pep or someone) more than 2 season just to start seeing the fruit of the manager work.

2-3 years contract is just us telling a manager we will let him go even if his work will only be half way there if he hasn't won a thing which he wont because of our situation as a club.

The fact that he's happy with 2+1 suggests he has confidence in his ability. Managers generally want long contracts because it gives them a safety net, if you need a safety net you are already thinking about falling!

Nothing wrong by letting the board know that you need around 5 years to do your job with 50 M transfer kitty and developing youth players against 3 superclubs in the league and you need full backing to do it.

Worried that we are going down the road that we will be sacking managers every another season until we luck out on the title, while it might actually be shorter to the PL title by giving manager longer time.

Dj_sds -

Shouldn't be though. Unless you are superclub and can spend 100-200 M every summer it takes longer time to build a squad that can make attempt at the title imo.

In our case it might take a manager(even if it were Pep or someone) more than 2 season just to start seeing the fruit of the manager work.

2-3 years contract is just us telling a manager we will let him go even if his work will only be half way there if he hasn't won a thing which he wont because of our situation as a club.

The talent is there, it just needs to click.

The talent is there, it just needs to click.

There is a lot of talent that is right,

but we still need LB, 2 x CB, 1 CM, GK into our first team. That is almost half of the starting team we need upgrade on. In a world cup year, with short transfer window I would personally write off the first year as it would just be development stage for the new training and tactics methods to kick in.

Then he would only have 1 year to prove his worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom