• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ICC: Atletico Madrid v Arsenal | July 26, 2018 12:35 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutarch

Must be some sort of record for bad penalties. Still, it was a decent performance during the game. Not bad for our first test under our new manager.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbf Emery’s had a lot on his plate, to be worried about practising penalties yet.

The England team had a penalty coach for the WC delving into the psychology of routine. They were all taking 40+ penalties a day and making sure they practised the same way every single time. Seemed to work too.

Ashybashy86

The only difference I really noticed was the pressing in the first half. Kola is still meh, Rob Holding still shaky (needs to go on loan). Chambers is better (loan helped him). Guendouzi is interesting to watch and ESR is a baller.

Looking forward to seeing how they do against PSG who will press a lot more.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good to see the promise in youngsters & competition in midfield. No guaranteed places anymore.

Little concerned about the defence. No real pace, power or organiser added.

Hope to also see Aubameyang just central. Quality striker deserves up be up top be it a one or two.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A good game. Very pleased with Emery’s style of play. Can’t wait for the season to start now.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Players a bit fitter and sharper. That's all that can be read into this.

Gursha

Well, It was fine, but i expected way better, specially from the first half team, they barely had any big names available while we had mostly first teamers... expected much more, but still positive signs

Jae

Few things I noted from that game:

1. Doozy (as he shall henceforth be known) looks a talent. Looks like a nice blend of Xhaka's passing and El Neny mobility. Seemed to be everywhere today. MOTM for me.
  2. Ramsey was awful today, was largely anonymous the whole game and made a few stupid decisions. Wouldn't think he was playing for a contract.
  3. ESR looks quality
  4. Holding isn't good enough. He got turned inside out for their goal today (although admittedly Doozy or Bellerin could of stopped the header). Chambers is a much better player both on and off the ball.
  5. Cech could potentially end up being our first choice this season
  6. We look better with 4 at the back
  7. AMN is coming on nicely, could potentially benefit from a loan to another PL team to get regular minutes. Same with Nelson.
  8. Loved the fact that Emery stands on the touchline and constantly shouts directions and advice at our players as well as pointing out runs that they should be making, a refreshing change from a manager who mostly sat in his chair for 90 minutes.
  9. There are quite a few youth players in that team today who are clearly never going to make it.
Early days boys but things are looking up!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Our fitness is still improving, as we didn't have much in terms of pace and there are still signs of Wengeritis, obviously.
Cech is indeed looking pretty good so far and is it just me or does he look in better shape?
He's got some impressive guns to show off in the short sleeve shirts he's been wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Top Bottom