• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Auba missed two unforgivable chances. I’m fuming with him today I can’t lie.

We allowed three goals and people are moaning about missed chances. And I have this strange feeling Emery will do exactly the same. Sad times ahead of us with the ever-neglected defensive unstability continuing.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

There'll be a lot of negative vibes and jeers from outsiders obviously, cos we've lost our first two games. Meanwhile Chelsea have won both, but in reality both teams are probably at similar stages of unreadiness.

We're not as bad as this form suggests, and Chelsea aren't as good as theirs suggests. Judgement after 10 games would be fair.
I mean Chelsea faced Huddersfield in their opening game while we faced champions City so it should be pretty obvious.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Also, Bellerin gets too much of a hard time. He’s vital for us going forward.
it is true that he is our "wide" if you want.
But sometimes I still wonder if all this gametime we put on him is going to pay off. I am still not sure about the answer.
I feel sorry for Özil because I wanted him to shut some people up but he's not integrating well. All the effort I saw in the first match was absent today but coupled with the same uncharacteristic sloppiness in possession. He may find himself on the bench if this continues. The system really doesn't need a pure 10 and someone powerful who can drive and press may be much better for our overall play.
I would not call it that at this point.

TheLawOfDiQ

I don't think we deserved to win but losing hurts a lot. I know we can't expect anything against man city and chelsea in our 1st 2 games but things could of very well turned out so so different with a little bit of luck/composure

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

37% possession, that would be fine if we were solid defensively, but that was not the case.. They easily bypassed our midfield and found space in the final third and in behind the defence time and time again.. Our press was laughable to a point I wasn't sure what we were trying to do. Even with that our attack was clicking and we created more than enough to win this game.

I honestly not sure we can blame the defence when the midfield and forwards aren't pressing while and they're playing a line that high . It's like some sadistic training drill .

BobP

Memri Fan
yeah, couldn't help but notice our performance got worse after the subs.. I don't think they were wrong, I even praised the Xhaka sub at the time, but in hindsight maybe it was too early as we just started to get a hold of the game and had momentum going into the 2nd half, might have been better to give the same team a chance to continue that..

Xhaka struggled when Chelsea were up our arses but once we scored our 1st then our 2nd, they retreated a little and he got a bit more time and space to play his game which allowed us to maintain a semblance of control over proceedings.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah can't be too harsh on Bellerin. He was tiring while Hazard came on as a sub, Mhiki should be helping him out more.
Bellerin has the same mental issues as Ramsey. He just keeps running forward. He needs to manage his own game better. Maybe a proper winger who can do all the attacking will take the pressure off and allow him to concentrate on defending. Still no leadership on the pitch either. I'm hard pressed to name five good performers today never mind five captains.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
All of the sides battling for top 4 will most likely be 6 points ahead of us. This start really ****ed our chances of top 4.
I agree it's frustrating and I get the sentiment but all of those sides will play and cannibalize each other to some extent. We've gotten 2 of what you'd expect to be the 10 hardest fixtures out of the way if we see this as glass half full.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
How fans can think this was a good performances is beyond me. It was absolutely atrocious. The same old frailties. Individual errors galore, clueless off the ball positioning, lack of press, wasteful finishing, lack of leadership, non existent tactial awareness.

We got back into it because Chelsea defended like ****s. But they turned the screw second half and we were chasing shadows.

Deserved to lose.

They scored deservedly because we were rubbish at defending yet we didn't deserve our goals, despite creating much more, because they defended rubbish is what you're saying.

Aah, shut up.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I agree with this, it's coming together it really is. We're not as bad as most make out.
Check out my comment around the 7th minute in the Emery thread. I honestly feel like he's sussing this league out in a way. He'll be utterly disappointed with the turn of events today but his overall goal, IMO, has been accomplished. Guendouzi has now played 180 minutes against two massively talented and well organised sides.. Unai prides himself on midfield dominance.. Something which you'd be hard pressed to believe if just going on our two recent fixtures... But he's preparing us slowly, patiently and pragmatically.

Godwin1

Very well-known
How fans can think this was a good performances is beyond me. It was absolutely atrocious. The same old frailties. Individual errors galore, clueless off the ball positioning, lack of press, wasteful finishing, lack of leadership, non existent tactial awareness.

We got back into it because Chelsea defended like ****s. But they turned the screw second half and we were chasing shadows.

Deserved to lose.
Unfortunately we did see the usual stuff from players this game. It's going to be a long journey mate, there were some encouraging signs if you look hard enough..

Gooner_girl14

yeah, couldn't help but notice our performance got worse after the subs.. I don't think they were wrong, I even praised the Xhaka sub at the time, but in hindsight maybe it was too early as we just started to get a hold of the game and had momentum going into the 2nd half, might have been better to give the same team a chance to continue that..
Think you also have to figure that Hazard came on for Chelsea and just added another dimension to their attack.

We always used to complain that Wenger would take too long to make changes lol.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We allowed three goals and people are moaning about missed chances. And I have this strange feeling Emery will do exactly the same. Sad times ahead of us with ever-neglected defensive unstability continuing.

Goals change games. Auba missed a crucial chance at 1-0 then we conceded seconds later. He then missed another chance at the end of the half at 2-2 to put us in front.

And in the second half his bizzare run saw him flagged offside when he literally didn’t even need to move much- and he would’ve been in the clear.

In big games it comes down to fine margins. At the clutch points in this game we (specifically Auba) didn’t deliver.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We allowed three goals and people are moaning about missed chances. And I have this strange feeling Emery will do exactly the same. Sad times ahead of us with the ever-neglected defensive unstability continuing.

Our defence is a dumpster fire. Everyone knows this so of course everyone will focus on our attack.

blaze_of_glory

Goals change games. Auba missed a crucial chance at 1-0 then we conceded seconds later. He then missed another chance at the end of the half at 2-2 to put us in front.

And in the second half his bizzare run saw him flagged offside when he literally didn’t even need to move much- and he would’ve been in the clear.

In big games it comes down to fine margins. At the clutch points in this game we (specifically Auba) didn’t deliver.
Imagine if Giroud had this game.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
One of those goals doesn't happen if we score the first sitter. We're not talking half chances, they're sitters.

It's a work in progress. If you thought it'd be perfect after the damage Wenger done, you probably should go and watch Bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom