• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You all know I love a good moan / overreaction, but we weren’t beating Man City in the opener and we weren’t beating Chelsea in a pseudo-derby at the Bridge. Gonna hold off on my meltdown until we **** the bed against relegation fodder and are 15 points off the pace by gameweek ~10.

Actually think there was no reason not to think we shouldn't have beaten Chelsea or at least a draw . We haven't lost to them for over a season .

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Guendouzi is exciting to me. Torreira is better on the ball than I expected.

Not gonna draw anything much from last two games

People hoping for a revolution in Mustafi under Emery are going to be disappointed

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Mustafi, Bellerin, Xhaka are all done. There's no pressing need to start them unless there's an injured player in the first team or if it's the Carabao Cup.

This guy Torreira is really something we've been missing in the midfield for the past 10 seasons or so. Coq has bite in him but he lacks the technical finesse this Uruguayan lad possesses.

Auba’s misses hurt but I’m sure he will bounce back but that can’t happen. Miki bounced back after thent to see Torreira with Ramsey, Litchtsteiner on the left in big games, and Lacazette starting with Auba (though Iwobi was solid). We need a win steak. Let’s get it.

Medium rare rib-eye and we're all set to go.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Real Madrid are idiots. He's Modric mk II.

Chelsea did really well to get him (part of the Courtois deal?), wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up staying. I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t try harder for him, he was obviously available and an opportunity like that doesn’t come around often.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We created enough chances to win the game comfortably in the first half. So certainly a huge positive to take. It was also refreshing to see the manager take action at half time with Xhaka going kff and even more refreshing to see him take off Özil.

We should really see an up swing in performance against West Ham. One thing is for certain Bellerin, Xhaka and Özil should all be hooked for that game.

ksarp

do Micki and Auba lack football IQ?

Mikhi is inconsistent in execution but I wouldn’t say he has a low IQ. What’s been the most obvious to me about Aubameyang is that his intensity is a bit wanting, and he can’t hold the line, but his decision making doesn’t suggest a low IQ

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Real Madrid are idiots. He's Modric mk II.
They are not at all. They silently got him under the rader three years ago and let him develop behind Kroos and Modric for the past seasons. He’s now ready to be a starter but Modric is not done yet and after the Croatia WC where he was a sub he wants to be a starter at Real or leave. Real refused to sell him, it came close to being ugly so they loaned him without an option to buy to Chelsea. He walks into their midfield and will go back to Real with one more year of experience in a tough league, ready to start at 25 years old. They made the best of a tough situation.

TheLawOfDiQ

If we take a step back, we can't really expect to beat man city or chelsea for our 1st two games. Despite the good team spirit/training videos etc Emery isn't a magician, he inherited a squad full of gutless bottlers with basically a loser mentality.

The fact that we could of won both games is a huge positive, it's probably more than what we should expect.. nevertheless I have full confidence given the time and support from the board that Emery can make us properly challenge for the title, something we haven't experienced in what feels like a lifetime.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
If we take a step back, we can't really expect to beat man city or chelsea for our 1st two games. Despite the good team spirit/training videos etc Emery isn't a magician, he inherited a squad full of gutless bottlers with basically a loser mentality.

The achievements these players have had under Wenger does not suggest them being bottlers or losers. You forget that we beat Chelsea quite recently and even City when Wenger was here. This group of players are not bottlers, they are simply victims of some players making stupid errors. You can single out the likes of Mustafi and Bellerin, but you cannot call out the whole group.

We should have won against Chelsea and unfortunately Emery is off to a bad start as he misjudged both games (2nd half Chelsea, all game City). It's not much of an issue since he just took over. People are going to start blaming Wenger for Emery's failings which isnt productive.

Emery has a good team on his hands, it's just that one or two individuals are letting the whole group down.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They are not at all. They silently got him under the rader three years ago and let him develop behind Kroos and Modric for the past seasons. He’s now ready to be a starter but Modric is not done yet and after the Croatia WC where he was a sub he wants to be a starter at Real or leave. Real refused to sell him, it came close to being ugly so they loaned him without an option to buy to Chelsea. He walks into their midfield and will go back to Real with one more year of experience in a tough league, ready to start at 25 years old. They made the best of a tough situation.

He'll have 2 years left on his contract when he returns to Real and if he makes as big an impact at Chelsea as I expect, with the level of interest he gets, I very much doubt he will want to play for Real again after the way they've treated him.

At that point they'll probably have to cave in to Modric's desire to leave too. The only reason he was sub at the WC is because they probably had the best midfield in the tournament. The Real fans I know were up in arms that he was used as a makeweight to get Courtois and rightly so.

Chelsea will probably lose Loftus Cheek though as well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The achievements these players have had under Wenger does not suggest them being bottlers or losers. You forget that we beat Chelsea quite recently and even City when Wenger was here. This group of players are not bottlers, they are simply victims of some players making stupid errors. You can single out the likes of Mustafi and Bellerin, but you cannot call out the whole group.

We should have won against Chelsea and unfortunately Emery is off to a bad start as he misjudged both games (2nd half Chelsea, all game City). It's not much of an issue since he just took over. People are going to start blaming Wenger for Emery's failings which isnt productive.

Emery has a good team on his hands, it's just that one or two individuals are letting the whole group down.

What achievements? The FA Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom