• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | August 25th | KO: 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Did we even press today? Against City and Chelsea we showed flashes of having a coherent press but we were a shambles today.
I don't think the players are physically able at the moment to press like $hitty or Liverpool.
Ramsey, Welbeck and Miki seem to have the lungs for it, but the rest are pretty iffy.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like Guendouzi as much as the next guy, but we need to chill. 19 year old central midfielders shouldn't be starting games regularly at the top level.

Kroos was on loan at Leverkusen at 19, Modric was on loan in the Croatian league at 19, Alcantara was a bit-part player at 19, Xabi Alonso was on loan at Eibar at 19, Busquets was playing for Barca B at 19...the list goes on.

Torreira & Xhaka is the best and most safe option for now, with Guendouzi as a secondary option.

Alkane

We won without Özil. Ha!
tenor.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Haven't seen the game yet, tbh I thought it would be easier. Were they better than expected or were we worse than expected?

FinnGooner

Established Member
We looked worse than ever before. Ha!

We created chances quite consistently. We were terrible defensively, yes, but I don't think Özil would've made a difference in that regard.

You should probably find an Özil fan forum instead of Arsenal fan forum. For your own sake mainly. I mean, here you might have to deal with people who actually enjoy Arsenal winning, regardless of who are on the pitch.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Haven't seen the game yet, tbh I thought it would be easier. Were they better than expected or were we worse than expected?

Kind of both but more of us being worse than them being better. They had a sh*tload of chances but finished like how we were finishing last week.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is amazing how Bellerin can be simultaneously the furthest forward defender and play opposing attackers onside

Contributed going forward today though

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We created chances quite consistently. We were terrible defensively, yes, but I don't think Özil would've made a difference in that regard.

You should probably find an Özil fan forum instead of Arsenal fan forum. For your own sake mainly. I mean, here you might have to deal with people who actually enjoy Arsenal winning, regardless of who are on the pitch.
I don’t have a problem with arsenal winning without özil. But to think that we looked better without him on the pitch is ridiculous. It’s west ham, we should be creating chances with those guys today. That’s a given. That still doesn’t excuse that awful performance from Ramsey and co.

We were lucky today and we didn’t win because of our own quality unfortunately

LG10

This is not a rant against you personally but we are THREE games into the season.

Wenger had this club under his stewardship for 22 years and was given a lot more autonomy than Emery during that time.

Liverpool and Sp**s were both far worse than us defensively under their previous coaches and in the 3 seasons after their new coaches took over they improved exponentially. Wenger was in charge during that same period and while they signed players like Alderwerield and Van Dyke, we signed people like Mustafi and Xhaka.

We kept chasing players who all had the same type of weaknesses and failed to address blatant flaws e.g. lack of defensive and midfield leadership despite several transfer windows. The season when we only brought in Cech was the biggest mick taker.

Emery is getting to know his players and how they respond to his demands. Some, he is finding out, are incapable of carrying out his instructions for 90 minutes, and they are rightly getting hooked. But he has a clear philosophy and one that the squad buys into.

He will need a lot more time and financial backing for him to shape the squad he wants.
That’s basically what I said, recruitment at the back has been shambolic. As long as sven and co are here we’re not going to make the top class signings needed. Nothing emery can do with that back 4, top 4 is out of the question this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I like Guendouzi as much as the next guy, but we need to chill. 19 year old central midfielders shouldn't be starting games regularly at the top level.

Kroos was on loan at Leverkusen at 19, Modric was on loan in the Croatian league at 19, Alcantara was a bit-part player at 19, Xabi Alonso was on loan at Eibar at 19, Busquets was playing for Barca B at 19...the list goes on.

Torreira & Xhaka is the best and most safe option for now, with Guendouzi as a secondary option.
He look okay coming fromy ligue 2 to PL is difficult task but handle it well its clear since we bought Torreira that Ramsey Torreira xhaka is our strongest midfield option

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I don’t have a problem with arsenal winning without özil. But to think that we looked better without him on the pitch is ridiculous. It’s west ham, we should be creating chances with those guys today. That’s a given. That still doesn’t excuse that awful performance from Ramsey and co.
Poverty post. We were creating chances, Ramsey being the best of the pack, so what you're saying is factually wrong and proves you're an Özil fanboy, therefore very biased.
The problem was our finishing, Bellerin being skinned by Antonio until he came off and our high line.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Poverty post. We were creating chances, Ramsey being the best of the pack, so what you're saying is factually wrong and proves you're an Özil fanboy, therefore very biased.
The problem was our finishing, Bellerin being skinned by Antonio until he came off and our high line.
It looks like you’re still mad about me calling you out for that idiotic post from earlier today.
Go take a break bro, you’ve completely lost the the plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom