• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL | Arsenal v Sporting | Thursday | 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
My first match thread. If we lose you will never see me again.

sKowuzJ.jpg

Team news (as per 4 days ago)
Monreal, Sokratis, Elneny all being assessed.
Koscielny and Mavropanos close to full training.

First 11
ha2Lxku.jpg

My prediction
Arsenal 3-1 Sporting

Last edited:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Lots of injuries and manager-less. Emery needs to give Torreira a breather and leave him out of the squad.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My first match thread. If we lose you will never see me again.

Team news (as per 4 days ago)
Monreal, Sokratis, Elneny all being assessed.
Koscielny and Mavropanos close to full training.

First 11
Cech; Lichsteiner, Holding, Mustafi, Kolasinac; Guendouzi, AMN; Mkhitaryan, Ramsey, Smith-Rowe; Welbeck

My prediction
Arsenal 3-1 Sporting

Quality post. Glad we can rotate in quality options for these Thursday night games much as I hope Emery does.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I will continue making match threads with sloppy (/terrible) OPs if we win. Don't you worry:cool:

Touch a PL thread before I lose and I'll send you location.

HBL

Established Member
Not sure on the current left back situation, hoping for this team though:

Cech
Lichtsteiner - Sokratis - Pleguezuelo - Kola/AMN
Ramsey - Guendouzi
Mkhi - ESR - Iwobi
Welbeck
Win this game and then give Nketiah/Willock some game time in the other two matches in the group.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure on the current left back situation, hoping for this team though:

Cech
Lichtsteiner - Sokratis - Pleguezuelo - Kola/AMN
Ramsey - Guendouzi
Mkhi - ESR - Iwobi
Welbeck
Win this game and then give Nketiah/Willock some game time in the other two matches in the group.
I could defo see that being the lineup. I'd honestly drop Mhki but then that'd mean he plays against Wolves so probably right he plays this one. Welbeck to get another start - although I feel his blistering start to the season has definitely slowed in momentum. Deep midfield picks itself - Ramsey/Guendouzi like last week.

There are things I would change for sure. AMN next to Guendouzi would be my choice, with maybe Ramsey further forward if one of him and Mhkitaryan has to play. I'd want Ramsey a bit further forward because when he plays deeper, he takes too many touches and we already have Guendouzi doing that but better. As a 2nd striker behind Welbeck though? Not ideal but a better alternative IMO. The LB situation might make it so that AMN has to play there, which is disappointing but I'm still happy to have AMN in the side at all.

Smith-Rowe seems to be the academy grad of choice so he'll definitely start. He's fit seamlessly in so far and I'm pleased. He perhaps could be a bit more assertive in possession but by and large, he's fine.

I would drop Welbeck for Nketiah but it'll never happen. Nketiah has deserved the spotlight for ages but he'll have to keep grinding until then.

Reactions: HBL

HBL

Established Member
I could defo see that being the lineup. I'd honestly drop Mhki but then that'd mean he plays against Wolves so probably right he plays this one. Welbeck to get another start - although I feel his blistering start to the season has definitely slowed in momentum. Deep midfield picks itself - Ramsey/Guendouzi like last week.

There are things I would change for sure. AMN next to Guendouzi would be my choice, with maybe Ramsey further forward if one of him and Mhkitaryan has to play. I'd want Ramsey a bit further forward because when he plays deeper, he takes too many touches and we already have Guendouzi doing that but better. As a 2nd striker behind Welbeck though? Not ideal but a better alternative IMO. The LB situation might make it so that AMN has to play there, which is disappointing but I'm still happy to have AMN in the side at all.

Smith-Rowe seems to be the academy grad of choice so he'll definitely start. He's fit seamlessly in so far and I'm pleased. He perhaps could be a bit more assertive in possession but by and large, he's fine.

I would drop Welbeck for Nketiah but it'll never happen. Nketiah has deserved the spotlight for ages but he'll have to keep grinding until then.
Ramsey probably will start as a 10 I just don't want him there; I love the guy and think he was very good for us last season but so far this season he has been awful. Play him deeper or not at all imo, it shouldn't have too much of a consequence against a poor Sporting side.

AMN deeper is a good option but I think with Ramsey leaving and Elneny out of favour we have to make an attempt to incentivise clubs to buy them and it won't happen if they're on the bench or not playing at all. Alternatively we could play a midfield three of Guendouzi sitting with AMN & Ramsey just in front but Emery seems pretty set on his 4231 after he experimented with the 3atb earlier in Europe and we looked dreadful.

Nketiah is the interesting one for me. Without a doubt he deserves a run of matches in cup competitions and with there being no news over a contract for Welbeck, there could potentially be a fair bit of game time available for him as a back up striker to Laca/Auba. If we offer Welbeck a new contract or bring in another attacker in January we should probably look to loan Nketiah abroad. It would be important that we find him a good destination like we did with Nelson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom