• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Vorskla Poltava v Arsenal | November 29, 2018 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Cech
Jenkinson
Mustafi
Pleggy
Lichsteiner
Maitland-Niles
Guendouzi
Özil
Ramsey
Smith-Rowe
Eddie

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Just stay alive after this match and bring players back to London.

giphy.gif

HBL

Established Member
I'm not sure if Lichtsteiner is available for the game?

Cech
Jenkinson - Pleguezuelo - Mustafi - AMN
Elneny - Guendouzi
Ramsey - Smith Rowe - Iwobi/Mkhi
Nketiah
Willock on the bench!

Wouldn't even bother taking half of the first team but I'm sure Emery will probably do something crazy and unpredictable.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If Emery puts out a strong team on Thursday, if he even flies out a strong team on Thursday to make them sit through two middle-haul flights and a freezing evening in a backwater of Ukraine for a pointless match when we have a NLD we need to win just three days after that...... it will be the biggest mistake of his short Arsenal career.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If Emery puts out a strong team on Thursday, if he even flies out a strong team on Thursday to make them sit through two middle-haul flights and a freezing evening in a backwater of Ukraine for a pointless match when we have a NLD we need to win just three days after that...... it will be the biggest mistake of his short Arsenal career.
Just came to post this from John Cross:
Emery is ready to make wholesale changes for the Europa League trip to Ukraine to face Vorskla Poltava on Thursday night. Qualification is already secure but it is understood the Arsenal manager still wants to take senior players with him even though some might not make the bench.

It is something he has done on previous European trips this season to keep the squad united but Arsenal face a bigger dilemma this time as the gruelling journey is four and a half hours on a plane, a four hour bus ride and the players may not get home to bed until 7am on Friday.
I swear if he goes out there and gives Auba or Torreira a pointless 10 minute cameo...

Giroud12

I have been somewhat surprised by his strong teams in the EL so far, but he just cannot, cannot send any first team players on that hell of a journey. I would even consider resting guys like Guendouzi, Mustafi and Lichsteiner as we need them on the bench for Tottenham.

The definition of a pointless game this. Why not send a pure u23 team?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
In my view he can risk Cech, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Nketiah, whichever centre-back's going to be on the bench on Sunday, Mkhitaryan, Jenkinson and the young boys.

Giroud12

Just came to post this from John Cross:

I swear if he goes out there and gives Auba or Torreira a pointless 10 minute cameo...

Why on earth would he take senior players just for the hell of it?

And also, why are we "facing a dilemma"? This is the easiest decision he´ll make as the manager of Arsenal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

And also, why are we "facing a dilemma"? This is the easiest decision he´ll make as the manager of Arsenal.
Must be for some team building stuff, don’t think it’s worth it. He also took Özil and Lacazette on the long flight to Qarabag for small run outs that didn’t seem necessary.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Because he's done it before and he has a "special relationship" with the Europa League.

Tell you what though, if he does take a strong team it means he hasn't much faith in a top four place and is gambling on winning the EL as a way into the CL. Which if I knew for certain we were going to win I'd take.

Rather have 5th and a trophy than the 4th place trophy. But it's a very risky strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom