• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | December 5, 2018 | BT Sport | 20:00 GMT

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We were sloppy at the back, but still a great result.

Put it this way; the motd guys were saying that Utd played much better and looked good (maybe relative to their norm).

And I still think we should have comfortably beat them and they got lucky in many ways (Auba and Mkhi misses).

I can't remember the last time I could've said that for an away performance against Utd, let alone a Utd team managed by Mou who coaches the antithesis of our philosophy.

I hope it spells better times in the future.

TorontoGooner76

First of all, I feel the result was a fair one for both sides. We allowed two really poor goals, but the one's we scored werentw much better tbf. Just a really poor but very physical match. We created more chances then they did and we are maybe a little unfortunate to not come away with the 3 points. But all things considered, I will take the draw keeping our unbeaten run alive and well.

I've seen a lot of criticism of Guendouzi here today, but I think everyone needs to relax and give him a thumbs up. He coped well in a very physical game I thought. I thought his passing was good and he did well trying to switch it to the flanks. He looked for chances to drive forward with the ball and he hustled back several times for coverage. I think only in the final third he was stuck on what to do but I think at least he looked to keep possession instead of just lumping it towards a very crowded box. Really can't question his committment and he will get better with more experience and coaching.

I think Leno needs to be in more command of his area. He comes off as confident but quiet or low key. This I feel makes everyone a bit tentative and these are the reasons for the goals we have conceded lately. Hopefully this will improve as well.

I was worried that we would lose several players today. We were getting bullied big time and I am unsure how well Torreira and Mustafi in particular came away from the match. Shame about holding, I think he was really helping the 3 at the back work well but I'm not sure where to go with it at this point. It is better for the pressing game and a bit of solidity but we are a little short at the back now I feel.

Xhaka was clearly missed today. So many people here can't see it but to me it was plain as day watching tonight's match. He will be back on the weekend so that is good.

Iwobi is good from deeper positions when he can dribble past players but in the final third he has been very poor. I dontd know what to think about him right now. Interesting to see our set up for Saturday's game but hopefully we can get back to our winning ways.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Really weird game with terrible goals. The goals seemed to get weirder as the game went on. I thought that we were probably the better team but a draw isn't an unfair result. We've got 7/9 points against B'mouth, Sp**s and Utd which is a very good return.

There's still so much room for improvement in defence and we seem to have a habit this season of conceding after we score. Maybe it's in my head but it seems like that's happened a several times this season. The first goal we were daydreaming and the second was just horrific decision making and communication.

We have an easier run of games now so hopefully we can push on the get 12/12 in the next 4.

Wryer

5 points out of 9 from Liverpool, Sp**s and Man Utd is an acceptable result. I would think most would have taken that the start. Although it still doesn't reverse the Man C and Chelsea losses earlier on. It's the recent trajectory that got fans' expectations up and it's all testament of the team's good work.

Keep going and maintain our objectives of the season - namely, top 6, cup run, tactical improvements, defensive focus, offensive identity. I think Unai has done superbly overall, with defensive focus still below mark. If at the 3/4 mark we find ourselves near the top 4, we have already overachieved for this season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
They proper put the boot in and that tactic came from Jose. Rashford needs to be kicked in the air in the return fixture, very much doubt they will have the same manager by then though.

Giroud12

On the positive side:

-we were missing a crucial part of our defensive midfield
-we lost a CB early with no replacement on the bench
-we lost our offensive mid before HT
-they got an offside goal
-the ref missed one or more red cards
-we made two stupid defensive errors
-we just played a very high intensive game 3 days ago

And we still got a draw at OT, not exactly a place we have taken 3 easy points in previous seasons. We keep the unbeaten run going. Annoying as they were there for the taking, but its definetely not all bad.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's a tough one to swallow as it now looks like we will go through the full decade without a win at Old Trafford.

It's a game I felt we should have won even with Kolasanics brain fart for their second. We responded brilliantly and on another day could and should have went ahead via Auba and Myhitaryan.

The injuries in the first half never helped as it restricted us massively in the game. Long term it's more a concern. We are desperately short and a further injury elsewhere will cause us serious problems. Let's hope we make it to January intact.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

You can't make an conclusions from this game, don't let it tar your feelings after the Sp**s win. Completely unique game where United were horrific in their game plan, pure **** tactics and anti-football.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They always injure our players.

Wilshere was the last one who had a long injury because of some unnamed cnut.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Oh and it's only matter of time some punch Herrera in the face. Lingard too the guy celebrations are s**t

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can't make an conclusions from this game, don't let it tar your feelings after the Sp**s win. Completely unique game where United were horrific in their game plan, pure **** tactics and anti-football.

You can make the conclusion that the reason we concede goals is consistently through individual errors. That means the players simply aren't good enough defensively as I am not going to question Emerys planning and coaching.

Mustafi, Holding, Kolasinac and Sokratis are good players but that's it. Europa league at best and it doesn't matter how many goals we score. The defence will always make errors.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I wasn't happy at all. The 2 goals that we conceded were absolute horror show stuff. That team that United put out should have been rolled over and played off the pitch in the first 45 minutes. That was a bottom half of the table lineup that they played. Yes the referee was predictably awful at Old Trafford but to set up so defensively against a team that should never have troubled us in open play was baffling. The inability to get the passing game going was completely down to playing 3 at the back needlessly against a toothless team. Xhaka would certainly have made a difference yesterday but I just felt that everything from the game plan to the execution on the pitch was below standard yesterday. A point against a proper United team at OT is a good result. A point against what bordered on relegation fodder out there when we could have been 3rd is very disappointing in what should be a tight race for CL spot.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

De gea gifted us our first goal, Rojo the second. A day later I am quite pleased, yes they were there for the taking and the ref sucked, but we got lucky too. Win our next games and this is a good result.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I wasn't happy at all. The 2 goals that we conceded were absolute horror show stuff. That team that United put out should have been rolled over and played off the pitch in the first 45 minutes. That was a bottom half of the table lineup that they played. Yes the referee was predictably awful at Old Trafford but to set up so defensively against a team that should never have troubled us in open play was baffling. The inability to get the passing game going was completely down to playing 3 at the back needlessly against a toothless team. Xhaka would certainly have made a difference yesterday but I just felt that everything from the game plan to the execution on the pitch was below standard yesterday. A point against a proper United team at OT is a good result. A point against what bordered on relegation fodder out there when we could have been 3rd is very disappointing in what should be a tight race for CL spot.
There were a lot of mitigating factors though. Playing the NLD just 3 days before meant our intensity went down several notches than what it would have been. Despite not going full throttle we still ended up having 2 injuries. United tried to bully us but they couldn't. We ended the game much stronger and really missed 2 sitters from Aubameyang and Mkhi. Thankfully dropping 2 points wasn't as disastrous as I'd thought it would be because Wolves did us a solid.

progman07

Established Member
We do not yet have the squad to play the same intensity 3 days after the Sp**s game, away in Manchester, against a team that had 1 day more to recover.

I think it was a perfectly understandable performance and result.

Batman

There were a lot of mitigating factors though. Playing the NLD just 3 days before meant our intensity went down several notches than what it would have been. Despite not going full throttle we still ended up having 2 injuries. United tried to bully us but they couldn't. We ended the game much stronger and really missed 2 sitters from Aubameyang and Mkhi. Thankfully dropping 2 points wasn't as disastrous as I'd thought it would be because Wolves did us a solid.
Sure but these are the kinds of games that you've got to win if you really want to go places. These are the kinds of games that truly prove you've turned a corner. That 2nd goal conceded should have had a laugh track. I can't be happy with that, mitigating circumstances or not.

Batman

We do not yet have the squad to play the same intensity 3 days after the Sp**s game, away in Manchester, against a team that had 1 day more to recover.

I think it was a perfectly understandable performance and result.
They put out a farmer's team and if we'd not conceded 2 extraordinarily poor and stupid goals we'd have done just that. Has nothing to do with intensity or fatigue and everything to do with not shooting yourself in the foot. Do you think Lingard scored that goal because legs switched off or brains switched off?

progman07

Established Member
They put out a farmer's team and if we'd not conceded 2 extraordinarily poor and stupid goals we'd have done just that. Has nothing to do with intensity or fatigue and everything to do with not shooting yourself in the foot. Do you think Lingard scored that goal because legs switched off or brains switched off?
I'm looking at the match in a bigger perspective, not one or two individual moments. We also scored lucky goals. But again, I'm not blaming any player - we visibly suffered a lot physically, our players spent a lot of time on the ground due to fatigue and disgusting fouls by United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom