• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Arsenal vs FK Qarabag | December 13, 2018 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Which youngster are you most looking forward to watching?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Job done. Missed opportunity for the young players, Saka showed some skills but I found them disappointingly one-paced and not able to shake the dead rubberness of the game off, which is kind of surprising as it was a big opportunity for them.

Never seen an Arsenal stadium more empty than this.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Was quite impressed with Saka. He showed a willingness to take players on in contrast to Reiss Nelson who doesn’t seem to have transferred that (not yet anyway) from youth football to the seniors.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It was a very so-so game, I spent much of the time monitoring individual players' movements.

Özil does a **** ton of running. Doesn't show much on TV usually but even tonight he was everywhere, as was Willock. I thought Willock had a pretty solid game, he seemed to be doing a lot of defending and ball-carrying but I thought his passing could have been better. I thought he was far better than Elneny anyway, Elneny did nothing to suggest he could stand-in better than Willock IMO. Ineffective.

AMN wasn't great in the first half. Clearly does not like playing LB, and he looked far better when he went wide right. It's not CM but RW might be something he should be looking at - we don't have depth there, he could usurp Mhkitaryan if he gets some end product in his game. Showed some thrust when he got into those attacking positions.

Medley was sprightly, and surprised a few of the people around me. Very comfortable in possession and made some nice dribbles and passes. Still need to see more of his defending at this level but he looked good.

Saka and Nketiah were excellent IMO. Nketiah took a while to get going but he helped make the goal and was a threat all game. Made some excellent dribbles and put it on a plate for Saka who really, really should have scored. I was already celebrating until I realized the keeper saved it. Nketiah's workrate was excellent. If I have one criticism, it's that there were a few times he took too many touches. I'd also like to see him get more shooting opportunities, but Emery decided to start Lacazette upfront so that put paid to that!

Saka was my favorite though, and he was every bit as direct as I was hoping he would be. Looked to take on his man often, and while he found it tough at first, once he found his stride he was beating defenders at will on the dribble. He did show some good aptitude in the final 3rd but he will really rue that last chance at the end. He should have scored. But it was a highly encouraging performance from someone who's still very young. Still 17. There's a hell of a lot more to come from Bukayo Saka.

Couple funny anecdotes - we had a good laugh at Emi Martinez jogging on the spot trying to keep warm because he had nothing to do for about 89 minutes. And I also stayed for AFTV at the end (didn't get on camera) and met Troopz after making that Aubameyang video. I have to try and make another viral video soon - I've got an idea for a Wenger one I've been sitting on for a while, but I'm waiting for him to get another job first :lol:

marting

wasnt impressed with any of them, They had a chance to impress and i dont think any of them did, They will be playing better opposition in the under 23's so should have shown more.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Game was done after the start anyway, a win is a win but i understand some points beeing made some players should have done more.

Impact

Established Member
Zech Medley was very good in that second half. So comfortable on the ball; there was a moment where he beat his man with a clever move and proceeded to spread the play to AMN that was absolutely sublime. Accomplished technically with the ability to dribble too. Good prospect. Need to see how he performs when he is actually tested defensively though. I have question marks over his speed / agility.

Impact

Established Member
Should we assume that Emery sees Maitland Niles as more an option for the flanks (wing/fullback) than a central midfielder?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the game sadly. Would like to have seen Saka. Good result though, 22 games unbeaten.

Özil, Kos and Nacho back and Emery flying high. It’s all good.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Should we assume that Emery sees Maitland Niles as more an option for the flanks (wing/fullback) than a central midfielder?
Definitely doesn't rate him as a CM it seems. Disappointing but I hope he plays wing instead of fullback. I still don't think he's that good as a fullback. Agree on Medley. He hasn't been tested defensively yet at this level and he can be gotten at in u23 games. Need to see him tested against first team opposition to get a full idea of where he's at. Technically though? Very comfortable.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Definitely doesn't rate him as a CM it seems. Disappointing but I hope he plays wing instead of fullback. I still don't think he's that good as a fullback. Agree on Medley. He hasn't been tested defensively yet at this level and he can be gotten at in u23 games. Need to see him tested against first team opposition to get a full idea of where he's at. Technically though? Very comfortable.

I love AMN but he lacks footbal identity, jack of all trades master of none it seems. I hope Emery can define a specific role for him so he can start developing for a certain position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom