• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

Was it the Palace game where he played at left wing back and we looked awful in midfield without him? I know we were at the bare bones of a defence today but you would think Emery would have learnt from that game.

Agree, I really dont see the problem with AMN-Lich-Monreal-Bellerin. Without a rusty Kos and with Xhaka in the midfield we would have won this.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Well, that's what happens if you leave out Lacazette, Ramsey, Özil, put Xhaka at CB and go with a negative 343 against a team that's fighting relegation, has just changed managers and that new manager happens to be Ralph Hasenhüttl an not some random (english) go-to plumber.

For all the defensive misses today, this team is absolutely lacking offensive coherence. It's my biggest gripe with Emery, that he's yet failed to hand the team a clear, coherent attacking structure with drilled in plays and runs, etc.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka starting in defence was the absolute criminal error today, we had nothing linking play in midfield.

Just invited pressure on all through the first half.

I agree had we focused on ourselves rather than the opposition, we would have won this game.

Southampton’s team is piss poor. We were easily getting in behind them when we were on top.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We've conceded 23 goals and kept 3 clean sheets in 17 games and you think a wide player is more of a priority?

Christ.

Results are built on defensive stability, Liverpool are proving that.

I’m aware our defence is ****. But for the main Sokratis and Mustafi have done fairly well. We have CB’s- what we don’t have are ****ing wingers.

TorontoGooner76

Don't see what some see in Iwobi, the lad is as average as you can get. What's he supposed to be good at? Don't see any standout qualities with him.
To be fair, his passing into the danger areas on the left has been pretty good and the last number of games it has translated to goals. He frustrates me too so much but got to give him that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I am as disappointed as the next man but sorry, it isn't good enough to say that Emery was to blame for that defence without explaining exactly who you would have selected instead.
On the fence myself but certainly a valid argument there to play four at the back rather than forcing in the CM & RB.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was it the Palace game where he played at left wing back and we looked awful in midfield without him? I know we were at the bare bones of a defence today but you would think Emery would have learnt from that game.

I don’t get the reversion to 5 at the back tbh, I’d love to see the stats but I don’t think we look any safer.

If you swamp Guendouzi and Torreira we can’t get out at all.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
For his first season emery doing great job he hasn't been backed enough in the market 50M budget :rofl:still he trying improving things 3 loses in 25 games is acceptable
You nailed it.

If people want someone to blame for today's loss blame it on Kronke and "the Messiah" Gazidis.

Giroud12

Well, that's what happens if you leave out Lacazette, Ramsey, Özil and go with a negative 343 against a team that's fighting relegation, has just changed managers and that new manager happens to be Ralph Hasenhüttl an not some random (english) go-to plumber.

For all the defensive misses today, this team is absolutely lacking offensive coherence. It's my biggest gripe with Emery, that he's yet failed to hand the team a clear, coherent attacking structure with drilled in plays and runs, etc.

Agree and part of the problem is the uncertainty around Laca, Auba, Ramsey and Özil. Laca, Auba and one of the latter two should be our starting attack. Feels like he´s rotating way too much and hasnt figured out how to play Laca and Auba together.

We should have played monreal in Xhaka's position and Mikhi in Monreal's and Ramsey in Xhaka's

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Well, that's what happens if you leave out Lacazette, Ramsey, Özil and go with a negative 343 against a team that's fighting relegation, has just changed managers and that new manager happens to be Ralph Hasenhüttl an not some random (english) go-to plumber.

He's relying way to much on Iwobi and Mhki, for all the stick Özil gets he makes the right decision 95% of the time. Iwobi and Mhki lose the ball way to often and slow down counter attacks. This focus on Iwobi and Mhki pressing, imo isn't really working.

Manberg

Predator
Leno ****** up on their third goal but he wasn't the only one, Kos ******* up on all three.
Leno made a very good save at one point. I'm not on the Leno out bandwagon yet, we have more pressing matters to address. I've said for a while now that we need wingers, we have no wingers and I seem to be the only one who sees it.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The run had to come to an end sometime. Even with a makeshift defensive lineup in the 2nd half, the team did well to keep it level for as long as it could. Southampton also scored 3 quality goals. They were not flukes or deflections like Mkhi's 2nd goal. They deserved to win and we couldn't do our usual 2nd half surge.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
S/ampton are just a boogie team. We never really turn it on down there.

Barely snatched a draw last year beaten 4-0 few seasons before ect..

Dont think so, think we were out muscled, and had a bad mix of a team on the day.

We will dispatch of Hassenhuttl, Long and Ings next round, no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom