• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Really is baffling the way he uses Ramsey man.

Goes ultra defensive with 100 DM's against Brighton, where Ramsey would be ideal instead of Guendouzi.

But against Pool, he throws him literally as striker and leaves us wide open in midfield.

Couldn't make it up ffs.

I really want to like Emery, and for the majority of time I've been cool with him but he really does some world class stupid ****.
Exactly how I feel.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey not be used is one thing but Emery not starting Lacazette is something that bugs me.

Lacazette should have started. There was no point in saving him until the 60 minute when the game was dead and buried.

Jae

Solid performance against Chelsea away last season, should've probably won, Ramsey some good chances. Loss this season, however a good half way destroyed by Emery making stupid changes in the second half, invited pressure and lost us the game.

You're stretching massively here mate. They won because they had two quality players in Kovacic and Hazard coming off the bench that practically ran the game, they would have won that game regardless of what changes we made. Hazard basically turned that game around on his own.

Doesn't suit the narrative though I'm guessing. :rolleyes:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
We're probably the only top 5 team in the world whose job is to be a punching bag for the top 4 teams of the same league.

Might take us at least four full seasons to get rid of that mentality for good.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm calm now and can assess the game better. We were three levels below Liverpool. Their first penalty was a correct call from Oliver, think the second one was too easy. As was Laca's. They both dived.

Regarding the game, we were never getting anything out of it. We saw the signs earlier this season against inferior teams were we'd get lucky and win, and we saw the cracks recently against Wolves, United, Southampton and Brighton. So we were never going to beat the league leaders at their place.

Then again, the way we gifted them the goals was vintage Arsenal. Comedy at it's best. Not even teams like Burnley would roll over this easily defensively. And this has been going on for some years now. Our organization and pressing is amateur level, and it's not down to Emery. Even though I don't agree with his line-up, these well paid professionals at a club like Arsenal should be able to think for themselves and make the best decisions. You don't make that many mistakes.

But let's move on. We are 16 points behind the leaders and have concedes a ****load. Positives are that we can still get CL footy. Aim for that. Its only December. Happy new year everyone.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Biggest club in London yes, but not the biggest team atm. We will have to be extraordinary in the market.

Pepe, Ødegaard, B.Diaz, Upamecano, F.Mendy.

Exceptional potential whilst boosting the squad now. The figures wpuld be excedingly high so highly unlikely all of the above. The last 2 top of the list.

Iwobi, Ramsey, Lichensteiner and Koscielny to all leave.

What say you?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Exceptional potential whilst boosting the squad now. The figures wpuld be excedingly high so highly unlikely all of the above. The last 2 top of the list.

What say you?
Iwobi leaving:lol: No chance.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

What say you?
I like what you've stated but the bit in bold is where the problem lies. Our squad is ALWAYS short. We never strengthen to the extent we should and that's why we will never chalLengelet for the forseeable future. By the time we sort out the defence,Laca and Auba will be old and the MF will need improving. And so it goes on....This is on Kroenke. The worst owner in our history.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the game. Just watched it on record. Pretty much went as I predicted early on in this thread.
  • Mustafi and Socrates are both rash and playing together . . . God help us. Kos was a calming influence when he came on.
  • Lich is a liability in tough matches like this. Couldn't even get the offside line right. It all seems too fast for him. You don’t come to the swashbuckling Premier League to retire on a free.
  • Still unsure about Kola.
  • Torreira is also struggling to adjust to the speed, caught in possession for their first goal, but feel he’ll get there eventually.
  • Emery will need time to fix this defence, if he can. Mistakes everywhere.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That's the main issue for me. Teams far inferior than us would have fared better than us today and that's just not good enough.
That’s because most lower teams know their limitations and set up very defensively in a damage control exercise against the likes of City and Liverpool. Even doing that, they usually still lose by a couple of goals.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Missed the game. Just watched it on record. Pretty much went as I predicted early on in this thread.
  • Mustafi and Socrates are both rash and playing together . . . God help us. Kos was a calming influence when he came on.
  • Lich is a liability in tough matches like this. Couldn't even get the offside line right. It all seems too fast for him. You don’t come to the swashbuckling Premier League to retire on a free.
  • Still unsure about Kola.
  • Torreira is also struggling to adjust to the speed, caught in possession for their first goal, but feel he’ll get there eventually.
  • Emery will need time to fix this defence, if he can. Mistakes everywhere.

I agree.
About Torreira I think he's starting to struggle because it's the first time in his career he's played so many games in the most demanding league without having a winter break.

Even against Brighton he hasn't been as good as he has been this season.

He was great a month ago against the same team.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That’s because most lower teams know their limitations and set up very defensively in a damage control exercise against the likes of City and Liverpool. Even doing that, they usually still lose by a couple of goals.

Yet that's exactly Emery's MO and he has been accused of being too conservative at his previous clubs, we've also seen here how conservative he's been against teams we should be crushing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To be fair to Emery, in the big games thus far there's been a noticeable improvement to our overall competitiveness.

Didn't we go something like 3 seasons without scoring a goal at Stamford Bridge? We looked dangerous against City at home, we smashed Sp**s, was disappointed not to beat Liverpool at home and even today looked like we could make things happen once we got into advanced areas until we pressed the self destruct button.
There’s definitely still hope, with a decent defence nicking one goal at anfield could be enough for a result. Combine that with Laca’s penalty and a few other touch chances and I think we created an okay amount for an away game at one of the best sides in Europe.

It’s that defence man. We’ve all seen some bad defences in our time but damn, this current sh*tshow might just take the biscuit.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Right now it's just about getting in to the top four and CL. This idea of signing Koulibaly is a pipe dream.

If we and it's a big if can make some shrewd signings in Jan and make the top four which we're well in the mix for, we can really look to build in the summer.

Unfortunately we've signed abolsutely drosses in xhaka, mustafi, (£70m right there). With that type of money at the time we could've gone for VVD and Kanye. Our recruitment has been poor.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is why I wanted to get Allegri - to overcome that hurdle. That being said, we are still by far the biggest club in London, which is one of the top cities in the world, with a huge global fan base.

We still are a very attractive proposition. If the numbers are right we can still attract top quality.

We'll attract quality no problem , just got to pay really well . Although
I’ve only just got over the last 5-1. Now there’s a fresh wound re-opened.

Why do we always hold big, big L’s?

We always have conceded big L's historically , we copped 6-2 and 5/4-1 against United and Liverpool the year before we won the league . Part of our Dna I guess .

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We'll attract quality no problem , just got to pay really well . Although

We always have conceded big L's historically , we copped 6-2 and 5/4-1 against United and Liverpool the year before we won the league . Part of our Dna I guess .
It’s because we have managers that believe they can win and gamble everything going for it.

If we had Pulis, we’d break a few legs instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom