• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Quite funny that the only season where our team was actually not in transition, was the one we didn't add to the squad and missed out on the title to Leicester.

Now in 2018, every other side fighting for the top 4 (bar Chelsea) is settled while we are in transition again.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It was absolutely mind boggling. I could rationalize it if we had finished 1 point off the top, but we were 12 points behind Chelsea the season before. Did Wenger really think all we needed was Cech? The same Cech who cost us the first game against West Ham?

No one at all in Europe who could have improved that side in Wenger's eyes. That season hurt more than the last two. I think it broke this team.

I actually agree with him that bar Giroud that side was good enough to win the title - taht season and without any injuries occurring. We we're really just missing another 10 goals and then Ramsey + Cazorla out hit us in spring. I think that's when we saw stuff like Flamini/Coquelin at CM. But we we're actually still solid and had Alexis as well as Özil in there to create, we just didn't score enough anymore.

It wasn't about a massive signing to vastly improve upon the first eleven. It was about someone who could contribute a couple of goals over the course of the season. Welbeck never was a prolific goalscorer, nor Özil - and Ox never any danger in the box. Walcott could score 5 or 15 depending. Giroud never scored more than 16, iirc. Ramsey could provide goals but was always injury prone. That just screamed for a cheap backup CF signing, maybe even a loan. Chelsea got Falcao for 7m on loan that season. That's my biggest gripe with that season. It wasn't even about splashing 40m on Firmino or another superstar for the wings - it was about a mere backup for donkey Giroud.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Great to read how Emery was the second coming of Jesus when we were 22 games unbeaten and now couldn't coach a Sunday league team.

We fans want instant success and think we know how it needs to be done. Give the man time and a few transfer windows. If they back him sufficiently we are going to fight for the title in a few seasons. If not, we'll find someone who will.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Great to read how Emery was the second coming of Jesus when we were 22 games unbeaten and now couldn't coach a Sunday league team.

We fans want instant success and think we know how it needs to be done. Give the man time and a few transfer windows. If they back him sufficiently we are going to fight for the title in a few seasons. If not, we'll find someone who will.
100% agree, and I've said this in other places too. Pep took 2 windows to even start fixing his squad. Emery will not have that kind of money so how can they expect him to fix stuff in 1 window?

For Klopp, it took him 3 windows to really start firing and 5 to make them league challengers. Again, Emery's probably not even at Klopp's level as a manager, but even if he is, 1 window?

Mourinho couldn't fix United's issues in 5-6 windows DESPITE SPENDING MORE.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Will Stan back him or not though this is the problem. The point is going to come when he will have to invest his own money on the pitch. Our current model cant carry on unless we start getting good fees for selling players imo

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Will Stan back him or not though this is the problem. The point is going to come when he will have to invest his own money on the pitch. Our current model cant carry on unless we start getting good fees for selling players imo
Mislintat is our best bet till we get new owners. He'll get a couple of gems which'll probably be at their best in 2-3 years. It could also be why Emery is sidelining Özil cause he feels he won't be effective then?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Mislintat is our best bet till we get new owners. He'll get a couple of gems which'll probably be at their best in 2-3 years. It could also be why Emery is sidelining Özil cause he feels he won't be effective then?
I know its alot of ifs and buts though. We need to start buying to sell aswell tbh.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I know its alot of ifs and buts though. We need to start buying to sell aswell tbh.
I'm actually hoping I'm wrong on that, because that's a dreadful way to plan, because it depends on Emery winning the Europa League a few times, while they mature, which is a ridiculous expectation. We're not Sevilla, teams will not play weakened teams against us ever, or underestimate us ever.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It will take five seasons for the new manager to have his own squad, The fans (you and me) seem to think we have a God-given right to win the league and won't accept anything less as the last years of Wenger proved.

Emery won't win the league in five seasons so before he has his team he will leave or be sacked. That's how things will pan out until we have new owners.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It will take five seasons for the new manager to have his own squad, The fans (you and me) seem to think we have a God-given right to win the league and won't accept anything less as the last years of Wenger proved.

Emery won't win the league in five seasons so before he has his team he will leave or be sacked. That's how things will pan out until we have new owners.
Probably right, but brutal.

Reactions: Jae

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He won't be here in 2 years .

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He won't be here in 2 years .
Emery will build his own team, if he leave in 2 years, and we get a new manager, the new manager will need another 2-3 years to build his own team, in the process of rebuilding, you are not satisfy with the short term results, so we get another manager, he build his own team.....

Of course the aforementioned two couldn't fix their respective squads in one season, but you had the feeling they were building on something special and that it would materialise at some point which it did.
With Emery I got a feeling that even if he is financially backed he'll never be better than third. At least not when Pep and Kloop are around! The man keeps shooting himself on the foot with unfathomable decisions leave alone the injuries that we have.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Özil doesn’t fit his tactics, so he plays someone who fits his tactics, and replace Özil in the transfer window. How is this not the most logical thing to do?
As for ramsey, he is way too overrated here, benching a liability is not a big deal.
I think he had manage the above players very well.

Reactions: Jae

Can't agree with this anymore. Us fans as much we are now in unfamiliar territory, patience is something I do not believe we'll have during the whole of Emery's reign, already questions being raised after recent losses. I reckon this time next season if we're in the same position the fans will start shovelling coal in to the Emery OUT train.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Özil doesn’t fit his tactics, so he plays someone who fits his tactics, and replace Özil in the transfer window. How is this not the most logical thing to do?
As for ramsey, he is way too overrated here, benching a liability is not a big deal.
I think he had manage the above players very well.
To manage the above players well would mean, to me, getting something out of them. Arsenal is not a team who can afford to pay £500k a week to two players and not play them, as our recent results show.

It may not be his fault but Arsenal have lost out on £50 million on Ramsey by not selling him in the summer and it will almost certainly be impossible to shift Özil without losing money, so doubt he'll get any money to replace him.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Can't agree with this anymore. Us fans as much we are now in unfamiliar territory, patience is something I do not believe we'll have during the whole of Emery's reign, already questions being raised after recent losses. I reckon this time next season if we're in the same position the fans will start shovelling coal in to the Emery OUT train.
I think you'll find that was more or less what I said. We have gotten ourselves into a position where our (the fans') expectations and our capabilities do not match because they are not the owner's expectations.

I think you'll find that was more or less what I said. We have gotten ourselves into a position where our (the fans') expectations and our capabilities do not match because they are not the owner's expectations.
Sorry, do you mind if I post my own opinion to that even if it's along the same lines? lol Regardless, yeah...okay, what you said. You're right.

Jae

As I said in the Özil thread. You can tell we've lost a few games now, the mood on here has swung massively, nobody cared that Özil wasn't playing but now it's being used as a stick to beat Emery over the head with because "he is a poor man manager".

Don't think anyone was saying this before we started losing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom