• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Shearer right tbh - lacking drive on the ball in midfield. Iwobi was very decent in giving us some drive but he lacked the killer touch in the final 3rd otherwise. Guendouzi brought some when he came on aswell but we really lack dribblers. Our attack is very one-paced and predictable as a result.

blaze_of_glory

You give the guy grace period, that's why. You tend to lose that privilege after 20 years. I think that's fair.
I totally agree about the grace period. Doesn't have anythign to do with how Wenger was blamed for the exact **** everyone know agrees isn't the manager's fault.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You can still criticize the zombie football we're playing ffs.

Obviosuly he needs time. But does every ****ing result need to be explained with "only been here for 6 months", "klopp needed 3 years" bla bla.

This "zombie football" stuff a select few keeping bringing up is just a false narrative though isn't it? The football isn't bad, it's just not Wenger's style (which in the last few seasons was actually zombie football).

Godwin1

Very well-known
Think its more how people used to blame everything on Wenger regardless. But now nothing is Unai's fault ever.

I don't even blame him for this, the injuries are insane. But if Wenger was in charge you know people would think he injured those players himself.
I think a factor may also be certain people hilariously backed Wenger well past the point where he clearly had to go. Even after we finished second to Leicester.

Knocking the new manager ironically in a similar though more warranted manner in which Wenger was knocked is a way of coping.

em9999

My rainbows
I never wanted Wenger to leave
... But for fans to now say Emery out after 6 months

Makes us all look like amateurs..

We played ok tonight, man u just clinical and well done to em.. Get over it

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wait until Nkunku joins us :drool:

Say what you want, but he is the profile of player we need. Pogba ran away from 4 of our midfielders because they simply aren't fast or dynamic enough. The way AMN just matched him for pace and just put his body in the way to come away from the ball. You MUST have that in central midfield. United just sat deep. Xhaka played the pass and stood still every time even though he had space to run into.

Pogba took that ball from his own half and left Özil, Torreira who was ahead of him, Guendouzi and Ramsey for dead.

Get with the times. Buy two way players who can sprint forwards and backwards.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Shearer right tbh - lacking drive on the ball in midfield. Iwobi was very decent in giving us some drive but he lacked the killer touch in the final 3rd otherwise. Guendouzi brought some when he came on aswell but we really lack dribblers. Our attack is very one-paced and predictable as a result.

This is exactly why we're looking at Suarez and Nkunku.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I have my doubts that Arsenal can pull it out in the Super Bowl now. Starting to lose faith in this team.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Think its more how people used to blame everything on Wenger regardless. But now nothing is Unai's fault ever.

I don't even blame him for this, the injuries are insane. But if Wenger was in charge you know people would think he injured those players himself.
I think people blamed Wenger because people regularly picked up strange injuries. The three we've seen in the last two games are clearly unfortunate. As were some of Wengers (although even then I feel he done little to counter the soft myth thay encouraged teams to kick us)

Emery has made mistakes but he needs a longer rope to hang himself. Wenger had enough rope and he was still blindly backed by quarters of the support. He could do know wrong. Emery has done wrong. But he also needs time to say is it him or is it us?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Wenger had how many years after his early mid 00s success?

Emery has had 6 months. You cannot equate the two. But feel free to do so because it just looks a bit silly. And that's not factoring in the hundreds of millions Wenger spent this decade compared to what Emery has had.

Perhaps the reason Wenger got so many years is because of his early mid 00s success?

What has Emery done for us in comparison?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

How did Lingard even become a footballer? I would send him home of practice every day for being ugly if I was his youth manager.

thumb_jesse-lingard-10-year-challenge-what-a-transformation-40334868.png

Malky

Established Member
****ing hate being beat by these bastards, absolutely fuming. But at the same time we clearly don't have the squad to challenge Top 4, Europa and the FA cup and getting back into the Champions league is the main priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom