• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Maybe we should all start accepting this is no ones fault? Not Wengers, Gazidis, Kroenke or Emery. We just are cursed. It must be.

Have you seen The Wire? There's a scene where everyone is sitting around talking about why the schools have so much debt.

One guy just gets frustrated at everyone passing the buck and basically says "Alright its no one's fault, no one's responsible, how can we fix this."

That's what I imagine Josh Kroenke will say at the next board meeting.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
AMN was absolutely garbage. His physicality is useful at times but i don't think I've seen an Arsenal player as bad on the ball as he is. He's making a very odd habit of giving away some of the stupidest corners I've seen. Diabolical footballer.

ptrcopp

We literally made one change that wasn't enforced. You can't approach every game with the same tactical setup. I thought things were going pretty well for us before Sokratis got injured tbh. Emery clearly wanted us to play with two wide men in a 4-2-3-1 as he felt the full-back area was a weakness for United.

It wasn’t one change. Iwobi came in which meant there were, inc Iwobi, 4 players in different position. That ignores the other tactical changes necessary for offence and defence.

I agree you don’t play the same system in every game, but at this point it doesn’t look like we’re adapting, but rather just chucking out players on the pitch. There’s no consistency, no continuity, and consequently no cohesion.

To adapt you need something to adapt from

HBL

Established Member
AMN was absolutely garbage. His physicality is useful at times but i don't think I've seen an Arsenal player as bad on the ball as he is. He's making a very odd habit of giving away some of the stupidest corners I've seen. Diabolical footballer.
He actually defended quite well, clueless on the ball at times though. I'm not sure who is worse, AMN or Lichtsteiner.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Didn't this happen in another game too? (Southampton maybe?)

There's no excuse for this at home, need to find a way to increase the volume of chances created, especially when we are chasing games.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I unfortunately missed the game. Two questions:
1. Judging by the statistics it looked like they got a lucky win.. was that the case?

2. Is our defence ****ed now?
1. They deserved it. Had better chances and took them.
2. Depends on the opposition really. For Cardiff not so much. For City away, yeah pretty much

Reactions: CJJ

ptrcopp

We were playing positively before Sokratis (who has been immense recently) had to go off. Football has a healthy dose of luck and at the moment everything is going well for United while we are stumbling over ourselves.

I agree. There were individual errors, but we weren’t exactly looking brilliant.

Otherwise, see my reply to @Tir Na Nog

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
West Ham away, our last shot was in the 68th minute. Although it could've happened against Southampton as well, don't remember creating a single chance there either after making it 2-2.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

There's no excuse for this at home, need to find a way to increase the volume of chances created, especially when we are chasing games.

This annoys me. We show no urgency at times. We are too pedestrian.

ptrcopp

This is my biggest criticism of Emery as well. The line up today on paper was fine, but why change from what was easily our best perfomance in almost two months? The players need to be able to get into some sort of rhythm.

Completely. At @Tir Na Nog said there was only one change in personnel, but it completely changed our shape. Auba went out wide, Ramsey was playing a different role. Iwobi and Auba were covering the wings instead of the wide CMs.

It seems like the only times the XI and system has been the sameness is when we lost with 3 at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom