• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member

Can't stand this incredibly limited footballer that manages to score against us every game. Like I can actually hack Martial/Rashford etc scoring because they're decent players but not this mug.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Our priority this season to get back to CL so our main focus should be that it would have nice to get a cup trophy but with injures and our squad depth we won't be able to win it

We might not get CL football either and then where will we be?

No cups, no CL football.

A cup run is a cup run, none of us can sit here and say well there's no chance we can win the cup. Who knows what would have happened?

What looks better? 5th and no trophies or 5th and a FA Cup? Of course 4th and no cup looks better than both but we're not guaranteed 4th.

I don't want to hear priorities because if our focus isn't to be successful in every single competition we enter, then I don't know what the purpose of the club is.

Prioritising CL football over everything is what led us to a 9 year trophy drought. The Leicester title season was bad as was when we finished 5th but at least we won the FA cup to shine up those seasons a bit. No one really remembers the season where we beat West Brom on the last day to finish 4th.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@American_Gooner Don't look at Lingard's insta... We should sell every defender responsible for this, I don't care..

People blame injures but our defence got ripped to shreds by Firmino. He strolled right past them and they fell like flies.

Banter era is returning soon with City away next weekend.

Lovely stuff.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Lingard is so ugly. He looks like Voldemort if the transformation in the Goblet of Fire had gone wrong. He's offensive.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
@squallman I don't think I do misunderstand you. Wenger earned his right but also at some point he lost that right. Emery hasn't been in the job to either lose or earn his right. He is doing an okay job not great but not ****e either. My timeframe is simple January 2020 improvement or not that is when serious questions need to be asked.

As for Wenger. In his last season he spent 100m on strikers, he handed Özil a 350k pw contract, he handed Myhitaryan a 200k pw contract as well as similar deals for Lacazette and Aubameyang. Effectively just under 52m per year in wages for 4 players. Forgive me for not having sympathy when Emery is now shopping in Poundland.

Per your last paragraph, I don't think Wenger had much to do with any of that.

I differ with what you said in your first paragraph. For me Emery, well any manager can either earn or lose that right from the day he walks in the building. If for example, Emery lost 10 games in a row at the start of the season, he would have lost the right to be given time.

My timeframe is at the end of the season. Money is too tight around here to be giving our summer transfer budget to a manager who may not be the right man for the job. The last thing I want is for us to finish outside the top 4, let Emery bring in all of his old Sevilla and PSG lieutenants in the summer then next season it still isn't working.

The club cannot afford any missteps whatsoever. Either Emery proves himself the man for the job this season or we go again with someone else.

HBL

Established Member

I should probably stay off twitter. This triggered me as well, man can't get in the team ahead of Valencia and Ashley Young.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Can't stand this incredibly limited footballer that manages to score against us every game. Like I can actually hack Martial/Rashford etc scoring because they're decent players but not this mug.
He can't dance doing wierd stuff with his arms isn't dancing

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
tenor.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the game. Curry night with my 5 a side mates.

Kept checking my phone and it was like a nightmare, watching the reports of the goals and injuries. Got it on record but not sure I want to watch it.

As soon as Mustafi came on I knew what would happen.

So it’s back to frustrated fans and Emery out.

HBL

Established Member
The most disrespectful thing about Jesse Lingard is that he’d be our best wide player.
Even with the state of our wide players, they're still better than Lingard level. He doesn't do anything, just happens to be in the right place at the right time agains us.

gokhan

Tweets like above is why i was so mad we keep failing to put that little ***** Jesse in his place

Can’t play grandads like cech and expect to win big games all good dismissing it as a cup but arsenal players need some kind of pride to put kids like Jesse in his place , thought bar laca most lacked drive , massive impact of 2 cbs coming off but game was there to be won that day

Getting quite concerned with unai not learning that you can’t beat teams with sideways passing

Sometimes you gotta go direct , the stupidity of our game management and play has been shocking at times and for that I fully blame unai and his staff

Yes Wenger sowed the seeds and stan made it worse but 4 times already this season unai has had a chance to learn from his mistakes and so far he hasn’t learnt a thing

Quicker Cech and other dead wood leave the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom