• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm sure we could've got better value for money on the 428 though.
Yeah, maybe. That’s down to scouts and the whole transfer team setup, including the Chief Executive.

We’ve had a huge change on that front. Despite Kroenke, we’ve got to give them a chance.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
People will say these two were accidents. Bollocks. It's not an accident when it happens every ****ing time.
I said at the time that Rashford was sly and left his foot in. I was pretty annoyed Holding was stupid enough to say it was an accident. We all need to dictate our own narrative. Utd are dirty and have been for years.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

With Bellerin long term, maybe Sokratis and Kos out for a few weeks, we’re never going to make top 4.

No point in people getting their hopes up and lashing out at Emery.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
More worried about the impact these injuries have than the result tbh. If Sokratis and Koscielny are out for a few weeks then our season could really collapse. Could end up just going all in on the EL again.
If they're not fit within three weeks,we'll probably go out to Bate and slide down the league.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
£468m squad with their three best defenders out against a £768m squad . . . and people are blaming our manager. It’s ridiculous. The odds were very much against him.

Is this a joke post?

Teams with squads much cheaper than ours have beaten United or at the very least manage to not ship 3 goals to them at home.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Is this a joke post?

Teams with squads much cheaper than ours have beaten United or at the very least manage to not ship 3 goals to them at home.
You’re not looking at the big picture. It’s frustration posting.

People kept saying exactly the same thing about Wenger. ‘It’s a disgrace we’ve lost 8-2 , Wenger is ****ing useless, a much cheaper team wouldn’t lose by this much’.

But I’ll wait for you to tell me how many of those teams, cheaper than ours, got 3EPL titles, 7FA Cups, and an average league position of 2.8 over a 22 year period.

What you lose to by a team with almost double your squad cost when 3 of your main defenders are injured is totally irrelevant to the skills of the manager. It’s all about the odds.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I'd take losing to any team in England including Sp**s...but I hate losing to these ****s...absolute bastards ..everyone of them including the fans.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

People kept saying exactly the same thing about Wenger. ‘It’s a disgrace we’ve lost 8-2 , Wenger is ****ing useless, a much cheaper team wouldn’t lose by this much’.

But I’ll wait for you to tell me how many of those teams, cheaper than ours, got 3EPL titles, 7FA Cups, and an average league position of 2.8 over a 22 year period.

What you lose to by a team with almost double your squad cost when 3 of your main defenders are injured is totally irrelevant to the skills of the manager. It’s all about the odds.

You're comparing separate things, let me break it down.

A team like ours with the club we have, should be winning premier league titles and FA cups on a routine basis

Clubs with teams much cheaper than ours don't win league titles but they also don't get thrashed 8-2 or 5-0 or 6-0 on a regular basis by the teams around them or even the ones above them.

Clubs with teams much cheaper than ours have defenders who are supposedly worse than all of ours, even our back ups.

If a club with a squad assembled for a fraction of ours, can avoid losing 3-1 to United at their own home ground, then we with a much more expensive squad than they have, should be able to do the same.

The fact that United's squad cost more than ours isn't an excuse when teams with squads that cost less than ours with players far inferior to ours manage to not embarrass themselves.

Tell me again I'm not looking at the big picture.

EDIT:

Since you bring up our league titles, then according to your earlier logic we never should have won any of them because United' squad cost far exceeded ours back then as well. But we did because squad cost isn't the be all end all when it comes to football.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

A team like ours with the club we have, should be winning premier league titles and FA cups on a routine basis
I’ll stop you right there, because with the utmost respect, that’s boll*cks. And has been ever since Kroenke arrived. You’re totally ignoring the relationship between wealth and winning.

You’re not going to win a lot spending 5th or less as we have since 2004. You’ve been spoilt by Wenger.

As for the other stuff about the size of defeats . . . . you judge a team by looking at their long term wins, losses and draws over a decent period of time, like at least a season. Outlying results are meaningless. We beat Sp**s at home 4-2, Chelsea at home 2-0, and drew with Liverpool at home 1-1. All of those have more expensive squads . . . that’s good for a manager’s first season.

Suddenly because we lose three major defenders we lose 3-1 to United and it’s all doom and gloom . . it’s just frustration bro.

And yes, United did have a more expensive squad back then but:
a) Wenger was outperforming his squad cost position and did do for 20 years, just like Poch and Klopp now. Nobody’s saying it can’t be done but it needs time, an excellent manager and some very clever transfer business.
b) back then there was only United, today there are two oligarch clubs, Chelsea and City, and also Liverpool outspending us. So much harder.

Reactions: Jae

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I’ll stop you right there, because with the utmost respect, that’s boll*cks. And has been ever since Kroenke arrived. You’re totally ignoring the relationship between wealth and winning.

You’re not going to win a lot spending 5th or less as we have since 2004. You’ve been spoilt by Wenger.

As for the other stuff about the size of defeats . . . . you judge a team by looking at their long term wins, losses and draws over a decent period of time, like at least a season. Outlying results are meaningless. We beat Sp**s at home 4-2, Chelsea at home 2-0, and drew with Liverpool at home 1-1. All of those have more expensive squads . . . that’s good for a manager’s first season.

Suddenly because we lose three major defenders we lose 3-1 to United and it’s all doom and gloom . . it’s just frustration bro.

And yes, United did have a more expensive squad back then but:
a) Wenger was outperforming his squad cost position and did do for 20 years, just like Poch and Klopp now. Nobody’s saying it can’t be done but it needs time, an excellent manager and some very clever transfer business.
b) back then there was only United, today there are two oligarch clubs, Chelsea and City, and also Liverpool outspending us. So much harder.

I don't know where to begin with this post. You're the one who brought up our 3 league titles and 7 FA Cups.

Its nice of you to only point out the good results. We've also lost 2-0 at home to City, 3-2 at Chelsea, 5-0 at Anfield, 2-0 against Sp**s and 3-1 against United. That isn't good. That is five losses compared to 2 wins.

It isn't frustration at one loss. If we had just lost one game then it would be but it isn't.

You're also the one who made it seem like wealth was everything because you brought up United's squad cost in comparison to ours to excuse why we lost that game. If squad cost alone determined who won and who lost football matches then tell me how we lost to Southampton and West Ham? Or any of the smaller clubs who have beaten us over the years.

Unless the club goes under, we have all the time in the world as well as the resources but I don't think we have the excellent manager to go along with them.

It wasn't just United back then, United were the ones winning the league but I'm pretty sure that Newcastle, Leeds and Liverpool were all outspending us. Hell Liverpool finished 2nd in 2002. Leeds made a CL semi-final and in the late 90s, Newcastle were doing everything they could to try and topple United.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I dont know what's more annoying. Losing in the same way to those guys all the time or seeing @Makingtrax arguing about sqaud cost in a bid to justify the loss. Like its ok to lose embarrassingly because they spend more that us. Smh

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

For trends over several seasons squad cost is spot on, but it just falls apart if you try to use it for individual games/results.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't know where to begin with this post. You're the one who brought up our 3 league titles and 7 FA Cups.

Its nice of you to only point out the good results. We've also lost 2-0 at home to City, 3-2 at Chelsea, 5-0 at Anfield, 2-0 against Sp**s and 3-1 against United. That isn't good. That is five losses compared to 2 wins.

It isn't frustration at one loss. If we had just lost one game then it would be but it isn't.

You're also the one who made it seem like wealth was everything because you brought up United's squad cost in comparison to ours to excuse why we lost that game. If squad cost alone determined who won and who lost football matches then tell me how we lost to Southampton and West Ham? Or any of the smaller clubs who have beaten us over the years.

Unless the club goes under, we have all the time in the world as well as the resources but I don't think we have the excellent manager to go along with them.

It wasn't just United back then, United were the ones winning the league but I'm pretty sure that Newcastle, Leeds and Liverpool were all outspending us. Hell Liverpool finished 2nd in 2002. Leeds made a CL semi-final and in the late 90s, Newcastle were doing everything they could to try and topple United.
Fair enough but those other losses you mention came at the end of a long unbeaten run when our defence fell apart through injury.

The bottom line here is that our squad is thin and has been for some time. As soon as your star players go missing and you start dragging in 2nd string players the quality drops. Bellerin is much better than Lich or AMN in that position.

And you’re up against a squad who can just draft in a player like Sanchez for fun, who’s as fresh as a daisy and hasn’t even been needed . . when a for a few years he was our best player and needed like crutch.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

For trends over several seasons squad cost is spot on, but it just falls apart if you try to use it for individual games/results.
:lol: Squad cost is about the odds. And of course you often need to see the long picture before it becomes evident. But it’s obviously in play every time the team turns out.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I dont know what's more annoying. Losing in the same way to those guys all the time or seeing @Makingtrax arguing about sqaud cost in a bid to justify the loss. Like its ok to lose embarrassingly because they spend more that us. Smh
I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, people trying to pretend Emery’s not up to the job after just over half a season, or people denying that wealthier teams are more likely to win. SMH

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Dx2nM67WwAAl05W.jpg

Posted on his *dogs'* account...name a bigger ***** @Furious, I dare you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom