• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 4th Round: Arsenal v Manchester United | January 25, 2019 19:55 GMT | BBC One

Who will go through to the 5th round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Fair enough but those other losses you mention came at the end of a long unbeaten run when our defence fell apart through injury.

The bottom line here is that our squad is thin and has been for some time. As soon as your star players go missing and you start dragging in 2nd string players the quality drops. Bellerin is much better than Lich or AMN in that position.

And you’re up against a squad who can just draft in a player like Sanchez for fun, who’s as fresh as a daisy and hasn’t even been needed . . when a for a few years he was our best player and needed like crutch.

We lost to Chelsea and City at the beginning of the season.

Tell me something, were you banging this squad cost and thin squad drum when Wenger was here in his last few seasons or was all of that somehow irrelevant then?

Now this isn't directed at you but I just find it baffling how its all gone from being the manager's fault to every single factor but the manager is to blame.

Sanchez hasn't been "needed" because he's been atrocious for them. He's also older. The Sanchez we had was playing much better than his current United incarnation so your implication doesn't work. You're trying to imply that Sanchez was a key player for us while for United he's just squad player while basically ignoring he's been awful for them and that is why he's a squad player.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lord... Emery's only been here 6 months and the squad cost excuse is already in full swing!

I can't take 2 years of this.
The sum total of Rimaals commitment to the beautiful game is ‘win=temporary happiness, lose= axe the manager’ . . anything else is just annoying sh*te. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Tell me something, were you banging this squad cost and thin squad drum when Wenger was here in his last few seasons or was all of that somehow irrelevant then?

Now this isn't directed at you but I just find it baffling how its all gone from being the manager's fault to every single factor but the manager is to blame.

Sanchez hasn't been "needed" because he's been atrocious for them. He's also older. The Sanchez we had was playing much better than his current United incarnation so your implication doesn't work. You're trying to imply that Sanchez was a key player for us while for United he's just squad player while basically ignoring he's been awful for them and that is why he's a squad plyer.
Was I banging on about this squad cost stuff against Wenger? It was the battle of the Alamo bro. Davy Crockett against 2000 frustrated Mexicans, aka Wenger haters. Best days of my life.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Sanchez hasn't been "needed" because he's been atrocious for them. He's also older. The Sanchez we had was playing much better than his current United incarnation so your implication doesn't work. You're trying to imply that Sanchez was a key player for us while for United he's just squad player while basically ignoring he's been awful for them and that is why he's a squad player.
:lol: He's on my ignore list but i don't need to see it to know who you're talking too. Give it up, fella. Trax is as asinine a poster as you're going to get.

OSBK

Established Member
Crap game.

Dont get how we go from a fantastic unit performance against chelsea to changing it to fit iwobi in. Had we played the same team against utd that we did against chelsea then i dont see how we lose that game. Emery showed a lack of respect to pogba and the utd forward line.

Its too quick to judge him however i am getting a tinkerman vibe off him.

Nicenho

:lol: He's on my ignore list but i don't need to see it to know who you're talking too. Give it up, fella. Trax is as asinine a poster as you're going to get.

Exactly my thoughts haha. Have had him on ignore probably after the first 5 posts he made:lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Dx2nM67WwAAl05W.jpg

Posted on his *dogs'* account...name a bigger ***** @Furious, I dare you

The man is demented.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Exactly my thoughts haha. Have had him on ignore probably after the first 5 posts he made:lol:
Haven’t come across you bro, you obviously don’t post much. Quick search to see the calibre of your posting. Nothing but frustrated rants at posters, players and managers. It’s an honour if you’ve got me on ignore.:lol:

Been **** and always will be.

What a **** game.

Please try to comprehend what I said. If that is too hard for u I can't help it. You are the stupid one here.

So many times he has cost us a goal. **** that.

Yesss finally that useless old man is leaving! Feeling happy :cool:

Last edited:

Nicenho

Haven’t come across you bro, you obviously don’t post much. Quick search to see the calibre of your posting. Nothing but frustrated rants at posters, players and managers. It’s an honour if you’ve got me on ignore.:lol:

Been around since about 2010 and since u went thru the trouble to check my posts and pick the ones which suit for u is exactly what I would assume. Only 2 fellas made the ignore list after all these years. You and David Smith. That really tells something ;) lets just leave it at that ey?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Been around since about 2010 and since u went thru the trouble to check my posts and pick the ones which suit for u is exactly what I would assume. Only 2 fellas made the ignore list after all these years. You and David Smith. That really tells something ;) lets just leave it at that ey?
He just finished before I came. Heard a lot about him though. Full of integrity if nothing else.

Anyway, if I’m on your ignore list, how come we’re chatting bro :lol:

Nicenho

He just finished before I came. Heard a lot about him though. Full of integrity if nothing else.

Anyway, if I’m on your ignore list, how come we’re chatting bro :lol:

Yeah he was something else. Wouldn’t be amazed if he was Wenger himself, such was the love for Wenger from ”David”.

Ofcourse I had to check ur clever responses

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Özil and Guendouzi both came on together. One, a 29 year old world up winning, world class No.10, the other, a 19 year old rookie from france. Özil had ZERO influence on the game and if anything was far more guilty of 'slowing it down' , while Guendouzi was at the very least as meh, and that's being kind. So you make excuses for Özil doing nothing, but Guendouzi's performance sickened you? :lol:

I'm not neccesarilly defending Özil. That would go too far. I'm saying most of us know what Özil can do on a good night but there's nothing much to do for him as there's very few movements up top. It's kind of like Aubameyang as 9 supposed to play like Giroud. There are ways to make this team tick better but the manager doesn't get it right often enough, and at the moment that's just not good. Sell Özil in the summer or do whatever you want, I couldn't care less, but right now he's here, he's the biggest creative outlet this team has so use him to maximize the teams' chances of success.

And while I agree Özil didn't do much in terms of direct product, e.g. key passes etc., the offense was more structured with him on the pitch. And while that is something and not zero influence, it's clear it goes unnoticed because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken or sprays key passes and assists. I wonder if people actually know why Xavi was so highly rated or if they just follow popular opinion, because although he's clearly the way superior player to Özil, a lot of what he did was essentially as invisible as some things Özil does in structuring a game.

And yes, Guendouzi is ****ing annoying me. He has no place in the starting line up and dwells on the ball far longer than e.g. Ramsey does, which is the favourite critique of the Welshman on here. He's too slow in his head as of now, his positional awareness is mediocre. Boy can become a good player, but he features far too often too early in his Arsenal career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom