• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez: Returning to Barcelona after injury

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You really are the most positive mod on here!

It's just the optimist in me mate. I seriously think every decision we made this January to an extent is the correct one.

- We really wanted Perisic but Inter didn't budge, even after he handed in a transfer request. I am so surprised they didn't let him go and I am sure Raul is as well. They are now stuck with an even more de-motivated player and we were the only chance they'd ever get £35 million for him since we offered to agree to it but with an option, they won't get near that next summer.

- We didn't really want Carrasco which is why we offered so little for him and as David said didn't push for him, we could of got him imo but I think he was there to try and get Inter to budge on Perisic.

- Suarez, perfect deal and went exactly to plan. We didn't budge, they eventually did, signed him up to a new contract to save value and let him join us with the option, if we say no at the end someone else will pay that. He's also a good player and may easily be worth more than his current value at the end of this season, win win for Arsenal.

- Nkunku was more down to PSG it seems, didn't get replacements in time and couldn't agree a new contract with him which meant it was much harder for us.

I do believe the club has clear targets in mind for summer which is why we didn't budge at all this winter on these targets.

Our terrible business before the 'new' era meant this winter was super difficult but I think we did as much as we could.

TL;DR: We have plans for summer and stood our ground this winter for the future benefit of the club.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

Hate to get excited from a YouTube video but if this is anything to go by, I think we are in a for treat with this kid. Remember his fav. player is Iniesta and he has been compared to him (huge name to live up to) but I believe in him and I think he's gonna light it up! Good luck Denis and welcome to Arsenal! Make us proud!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's just the optimist in me mate. I seriously think every decision we made this January to an extent is the correct one.

- We really wanted Perisic but Inter didn't budge, even after he handed in a transfer request. I am so surprised they didn't let him go and I am sure Raul is as well. They are now stuck with an even more de-motivated player and we were the only chance they'd ever get £35 million for him since we offered to agree to it but with an option, they won't get near that next summer.

- We didn't really want Carrasco which is why we offered so little for him and as David said didn't push for him, we could of got him imo but I think he was there to try and get Inter to budge on Perisic.

- Suarez, perfect deal and went exactly to plan. We didn't budge, they eventually did, signed him up to a new contract to save value and let him join us with the option, if we say no at the end someone else will pay that. He's also a good player and may easily be worth more than his current value at the end of this season, win win for Arsenal.

- Nkunku was more down to PSG it seems, didn't get replacements in time and couldn't agree a new contract with him which meant it was much harder for us.

I do believe the club has clear targets in mind for summer which is why we didn't budge at all this winter on these targets.

Our terrible business before the 'new' era meant this winter was super difficult but I think we did as much as we could.

TL;DR: We have plans for summer and stood our ground this winter for the future benefit of the club.
In agreement. As long as the club has a vision for the next 3 year then I am on board. Look what Liverpool have done over the last half decade. Smart moves in the market. People thought they were goners after Coutinho and even Suarez but they're pushing the league again.
We can do that if we are smart now. Still would help if our owner wasn't a prick.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
skysports-denis-suarez-unai-emery_4563281.jpg
Even looks like Ramsey!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The new Rosicky. And he was my favorite Arsenal player. Looking forward to Suarez. I have high expectations for him myself.

Good shout, he looks like he could have that effect Rosicky made when ever he came on pitch. I remember a lot of dull tepid games then Rosicky would come on and suddenly we would play quick decisive football

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Hate to get excited from a YouTube video but if this is anything to go by, I think we are in a for treat with this kid. Remember his fav. player is Iniesta and he has been compared to him (huge name to live up to) but I believe in him and I think he's gonna light it up! Good luck Denis and welcome to Arsenal! Make us proud!

I agree, I don't understand the negativity from some fans. We could end up buying him for £18m, that's a bargain. Also the number of times he's hugged Messi, some of it must have rubbed off!

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Some of the combinations in this video we rarely see at Arsenal anymore. Hope his technical ability helps to lift the team in that department. Might be good for Özil as well I'm hoping.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Can barca demand more money if he performs well or is the price tag already set?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Some of the combinations in this video we rarely see at Arsenal anymore. Hope his technical ability helps to lift the team in that department. Might be good for Özil as well I'm hoping.

If anything his signing is bad for Özil. One more player in the squad who the manager would rather pick instead of him. Now he’s behind Iwobi, Ramsey, Mkhitaryan and Suarez.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Welcome to Arsenal Dennis.

Hope he turns out to be a great signing.

Does Cousina mean cousin in Spanish? Cuz we have a weird one if so.

And I can’t find his wife’s insta

Edit: found it.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Instant fan favorite.

Not even close to Ludivine.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If anything his signing is bad for Özil. One more player in the squad who the manager would rather pick instead of him. Now he’s behind Iwobi, Ramsey, Mkhitaryan and Suarez.
That's one possibility, another is that both play behind the striker with Suarez taking a playmaker-winger role. I think they would combine well. For instance:

Laca
Auba - Özil - Suarez
(lacking some serious width though, most likely)

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Couldn`t agree more. It`s easy to get a little carried away when it looks like Perisic or Carrasco could come, both quality players,with 4th Place up for grabs. However there would have been a big element of risk to both players and in Suarez we have got a talented player that brings qualities we need. If he does well we can get him for a great price in the summer, if not we have only lost 2M.

Top Bottom