• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | February 9th | KO: 15:00 |

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner140

Good first half, terrible second half. A deserved win and a really avoidable own goal.

I thought that Huddersfield made way too many fouls and got away with it. If you just look at this stomp from Kachunga on Kolasinac's knee after which Huddersfield got a free kick!!!

This win means that we are still in a top four race while Chelsea will hopefully lose to City tomorrow.

Keplaz

Ah well, at least Iwobi scored, seems to be a confidence player. If we can get more goals out of him he can be a decent asset to have
I like Iwobi but his decision making has to improve. He isn't a youngster anymore.

HBL

Established Member
I like Iwobi but his decision making has to improve. He isn't a youngster anymore.
22 is still fairly young, some players start to really develop at 23-25. Salah is probably a prime example of that.

LG10

It`s not about not needing to turn it on it`s about our style of football being pretty **** no matter who we play and what payers we use.
We knew that would happen when emery was hired. He’s a results guy, playing style is secondary.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
“feel like pure **** just want this kind of football back"

article-2467497-18D7A3AD00000578-927_634x375.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Honestly one of the worst games I’ve seen this season. For large parts we were outplayed by ‘Huddersfield’. They had more chances, more shots on target and we we’re out passed, even in our own half.

And some of their players looked to have more quality on the day.

Mustafi was worse than useless, Kola was poor and then put the ball in his own net, AMN was so laid back, Iwobi just panics in front of goal, Torreira looked knackered, Guendouzi had an off day by his standards, Monreal is so much better at left back, Leno made one decent save, looked shaky and was diabolical on one corner and Elneny was totally ineffective.

Kos, Lacazette and Mkhi (to some extent) saved the day with the necessary class.

blaze_of_glory

I know it must upset you that Emery is doing a good job but that's no excuse for talking rubbish.

1. Half the league isn't dogshit. Fulham and Huddlesfield are awful but if you exclude them then the bottom half is picking up more points this year than they did last year.

2. It's also not true that all the top teams are picking up more points. City and United are both on track for fewer points than last year, for example. Chelsea will be on the same unless they take points off City.

3. Even if (2) were true, how can you say we haven't improved relative to the opposition when:

(a) last year we were 24 points off first, this year we're 15 (+ 9 closer);

(b) last year we were 5 points off 4th, this year we're 1 (+4 closer);

(c) we've already picked up more points vs. the top 6 than we did in the whole of last season, with two more games still to go?
My point is just that more points does not mean substantial progress on it's own. If we finish higher than last season, that will be progress. I think we can.

And the likes of Sp**s and Liverpool are picking up the slack for Chelsea and Utd (who by the way could end up just as well off as last year if things keep going the way they are). Relative to other teams doesn't mean specific teams, it means the league in general. This is the entire point of the league :lol:

LG10

That's because they're terrible. A better opponent would have put a few past us today.
Maybe, we’re not very good. I try not to analyze or worry about how we win anymore because they are often littered with flaws. Today I thought we were pretty solid so I’m content.

say yes

forum master baiter
My point is just that more points does not mean substantial progress on it's own.

That's fair enough and it's something I agree with. 'More points' is contextual. We both know that's not what I was calling you out on however.

The league isn't dogshit this year and we clearly have made progress in relation to the competition. Stating the opposite to demean our improved points tally is just wrong.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I am hoping the reason Emery sets us up to play such primitive football is because he knows we have players who are not very good.

It makes sense - Wenger's team was diabolical to watch in the latter years (actually, from the 12/13 season onwards) and all he knew was "sexy possession football" yet it still didn't work despite that being all he knew.

Due to that, I'm optimistic we will play better football with better players in.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I am hoping the reason Emery sets us up to play such primitive football is because he knows we have players who are not very good.

It makes sense - Wenger's team was diabolical to watch in the latter years (actually, from the 12/13 season onwards) and all he knew was "sexy possession football" yet it still didn't work despite that being all he knew.

Due to that, I'm optimistic we will play better football with better players in.
Yep, I'll take insipid football for a season if it means Emery is prioritising results to get CL income. Then you can buy a proper CB and a pacy winger to add something new to the attack, hopefully with a more stable defence he won't feel so inclined to play 3 DM's to shield them.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yep, I'll take insipid football for a season if it means Emery is prioritising results to get CL income. Then you can buy a proper CB and a pacy winger to add something new to the attack, hopefully with a more stable defence he won't feel so inclined to play 3 DM's to shield them.
Also need an Eriksen type - a creative dude who doesn't hide. Guendouzi is class and I love Torreira's defensive game but we need more.

We need technique in all positions and we're starving there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom