• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | February 9th | KO: 15:00 |

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

That's fair enough and it's something I agree with. 'More points' is contextual. We both know that's not what I was calling you out on however.

The league isn't dogshit this year and we clearly have made progress in relation to the competition. Stating the opposite to demean our improved points tally is just wrong.
I’m not trying to demean anything, honestly. I just really don’t think we’ve made all that much progress, yet. Im hopefully we can push on from here, and happy with some things that are happening, but I see lots of things that concern me in regards to how we play that I’m worried will be detrimental going forward.

I’ve certainly not been so bored watching us play, well.. maybe ever. Maybe that is tainting my view of things overall, I dunno.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Also need an Eriksen type - a creative dude who doesn't hide. Guendouzi is class and I love Torreira's defensive game but we need more.

We need technique in all positions and we're starving there.

Eriksen 193 league games, 56 assists, 45 goals
Özil 156 league games, 51 assists, 30 goals

If Eriksen is your standard bearer then we already have one of those creative dudes who doesn't hide.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yep, I'll take insipid football for a season if it means Emery is prioritising results to get CL income. Then you can buy a proper CB and a pacy winger to add something new to the attack, hopefully with a more stable defence he won't feel so inclined to play 3 DM's to shield them.
Err...yes. But we are hardly favourites to get that CL income at the moment. We're looking like 6th.

So will next season be another season of insipid football prioritising results which we don't quite get? If that's what we did today, prioritising a result, you could have fooled me. We did not hold back, we were pushed back by the poorest attacking force I've seen in the premiership for years. Their right-winger looked world class today.

Maybe, we’re not very good. I try not to analyze or worry about how we win anymore because they are often littered with flaws. Today I thought we were pretty solid so I’m content.
Tbf Huddersfield have been a bug to most big teams even with them losing so many and scoring so little! I saw their last game against Everton and they gave them all sorts of problems. That not withstanding, we really had a poor game today even by our standards of late!
Credit to our offence and Koscienly for bailing us out even though we messed up close to 3 other chances!

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
We had fit wishere prime ramsey Cazorla and mesut.

wolvie.jpg

dsc_8930_1-1000x1000.jpg

Those were the days Yousif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Err...yes. But we are hardly favourites to get that CL income at the moment. We're looking like 6th.
1 point behind United, with them still to come to the Emirates. Still right in that race for the top 4, plus the EL doesn't have an Atletico style powerhouse in it this year so winning that could be a route into the CL.
So will next season be another season of insipid football prioritising results which we don't quite get? If that's what we did today, prioritising a result, you could have fooled me. We did not hold back, we were pushed back by the poorest attacking force I've seen in the premiership for years. Their right-winger looked world class today.
I'm talking in a general sense, not necessarily today's performance. I think the football will be better next season if the club signs a good replacement for Mustafi and a new LB who actually bothers tracking back unlike Kolasinac. Emery has chopped and changed a lot trying to find the right combination and the lack of cohesion is a result of that, but hopefully signing an AM + winger will give the attack a spark. With Xhaka/Torreira/New AM/New Winger/Aubameyang hopefully we'll see a more settled team each week with Emery having more players he's signed (and therefore trusts).

say yes

forum master baiter
I’m not trying to demean anything, honestly. I just really don’t think we’ve made all that much progress, yet. Im hopefully we can push on from here, and happy with some things that are happening, but I see lots of things that concern me in regards to how we play that I’m worried will be detrimental going forward.

I’ve certainly not been so bored watching us play, well.. maybe ever. Maybe that is tainting my view of things overall, I dunno.

Why not just say 'I don't think we've made enough progress', rather than making up false news about the quality of the league / our performances relative to the top 6 though?

I don't think I could ever find watching Arsenal boring tbh, but maybe that's just me. I've enjoyed watching us more this season than I have done for years.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I had to stop watching the game because it was just so poor and had better stuff to be doing. Kind of just want this season over. There will be good games to watch still but its clearly a nothing season until Emery can gut the squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is 7 defensive players really the way to go against Huddersfield? We still end up conceding no matter how many defenders there are out there.
Ramsey xhaka Özil auba all didn't make squad you can't consider Guendouzi DM. Still emery is forced to play with this because of lack of width and injures

HBL

Established Member
Squad for the Bate game will be interesting, personally don't think Emery will rest many, if any players. Maybe one of Torreira/Guendouzi.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Squad for the Bate game will be interesting, personally don't think Emery will rest many, if any players. Maybe one of Torreira/Guendouzi.

No need to. We don’t have a game next weekend so try and put the tie to bed and rest a few in the return leg.

HBL

Established Member
No need to. We don’t have a game next weekend so try and put the tie to bed and rest a few in the return leg.
True true. I think he might give Suarez a start, where was Ramsey today? Didn't even realise he wasn't in the squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Next week is fa Cup fixtures? Good then more rest and Sokratis coming back for the league games

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'd be very surprised if Marvo doesn't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom