• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | February 24, 2019 14:05 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Arsenal-v-Southampton1.png

Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 23 home league matches against Southampton since a 1-0 loss in November 1987.

Having won the reverse fixture, Southampton are looking to complete their first league double over Arsenal since the 1987/88 campaign, when a 17-year-old Alan Shearer scored a hat-trick on his first league start for Saints.

Arsenal are unbeaten in 12 PL home matches, winning the last six in a row. Against sides starting the day in the relegation zone, the Gunners have won their last 30 at Emirates Stadium since a 4-4 draw with Sp**s in October 2008.

Southampton striker Charlie Austin has scored in all five of his PL matches against Arsenal. Only Raheem Sterling, against AFC Bournemouth, has a better 100 per cent record of scoring in every match against an opponent in the competition.

Team News
Koscielny (calf) could be fit
Maitland-Niles still struggling with illness

Untitled.jpg

Can't wait for the likes of @Rex Banner to blame me if this goes tits up even though he was too lazy to make the thread himself

say yes

forum master baiter
Auba
Laca
Iwobi
Mkhi
Torreira
Xhaka
Kolasinac
Koscielny
Sokratis
AMN
Leno

Bench: Cech, Mustafi, Monreal, Lichsteiner, Guendouzi, Suarez, Nketiah

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Arsenal-v-Southampton1.png

Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 23 home league matches against Southampton since a 1-0 loss in November 1987.

Having won the reverse fixture, Southampton are looking to complete their first league double over Arsenal since the 1987/88 campaign, when a 17-year-old Alan Shearer scored a hat-trick on his first league start for Saints.

Arsenal are unbeaten in 12 PL home matches, winning the last six in a row. Against sides starting the day in the relegation zone, the Gunners have won their last 30 at Emirates Stadium since a 4-4 draw with Sp**s in October 2008.

Southampton striker Charlie Austin has scored in all five of his PL matches against Arsenal. Only Raheem Sterling, against AFC Bournemouth, has a better 100 per cent record of scoring in every match against an opponent in the competition.

Team News
Koscielny (calf) could be fit
Maitland-Niles still struggling with illness

Untitled.jpg

Can't wait for the likes of @Rex Banner to blame me if this goes tits up even though he was too lazy to make the thread himself
My team as well, but Kos for Mustafi. Is Kos unavailable then?

Would also have Mkhitaryan for Iwobi.

HBL

Established Member
If Kosc isn't 100% fit then best not to rest him.

Lacazette
Auba - Özil - Mkhi/Iwobi
Torreira - Guendouzi
Kolasinac - Sokratis - Mustafi - AMN
Leno
The midfield duo is hard to predict as I think they'll be rotated most games in the next 2-3 weeks.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
A game againts a sort of a bogey team in a relagation fight and with Shane Long? Draw written all over it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I want revenge here. Was so annoyed at the manner in which we made them look half decent. Danny Ings brace ffs. On top of that, that Klopp wannabe was running up and down the touchline like he’d just clinched the CL in the last minute of injury time. Joker.

Let’s give them a footballing lesson.

Leno
Lichsteiner Sok Kos Seo
Torreira Xhaka Guendouzi
Özil
Laca Auba

Subs: Cech, Nacho, Mustafi, Elneny, Suarez, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan.

Start fast and keep the pressure on them. I don’t want them to feel like they have a chance to nick something. They’ve been so poor this season and this new gaffer of theirs has shown nothing to suggest he’s any better than Hughes.

4-0. Auba, Laca x2 and Kolasinac.

COYG!!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I want revenge here. Was so annoyed at the manner in which we made them look half decent. Danny Ings brace ffs. On top of that, that Klopp wannabe was running up and down the touchline like he’d just clinched the CL in the last minute of injury time. Joker.

Let’s give them a footballing lesson.

Leno
Lichsteiner Sok Kos Seo
Torreira Xhaka Guendouzi
Özil
Laca Auba

Subs: Cech, Nacho, Mustafi, Elneny, Suarez, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan.

Start fast and keep the pressure on them. I don’t want them to feel like they have a chance to nick something. They’ve been so poor this season and this new gaffer of theirs has shown nothing to suggest he’s any better than Hughes.

4-0. Auba, Laca x2 and Kolasinac.

COYG!!
Can't stand these wankers. Long and Austin perpetually scoring against us FFS.

Can't wait for their relegation.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Emery might have to give Auba a breather in one of the next 2 games. NLD coming up in a week and Laca is suspended for both EL games.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
-----------Leno

Whoever-Sokratis-Plegzuelo-Monreal

-------AMN---Torreira

-Suarez-----Özil-------Iwobi

--------Lacazette----

EDIT:
Forgot about Suarez.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

------------Leno-------------
Musti---Kos--Papa----Monreal
--------Lucas---Xhaka---------
---Suarez-------------Iwobi---
----------------Özil-------------
----------Laca-------------------

This is assuming Kos is ok to go. Let's see Suarez start on the wing.
Rest Auba for EL, give Guendo a break too. Both can come on if needed.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Does Shane Long still play for them? He's guaranteed a goal against us
Kos should sit this one out. Shane Long always gives him problems. He's defended Messi as well as anyone ever has but Shane Long is his bogeyman. M*dness.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope we go back specially this is home game against struggling Southampton would go with same line up just Kosh in place of mustafi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom