• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Bournemouth | February 27, 2019 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Only saw the highlights but we were good tonight. Özil and Miki looked reborn tbh. All the goals were quality and our style seemed to have some thought behind it. I think Guendouzi was fouled for Bournemouth's goal but it's a good lesson for the lad not to dwell on the ball. Kos looked hurt at the end so I hope he's ok. And a special mention to Sokratis who slyly took the entire Bournemouth wall away for Laca to score. Lovely stuff.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@American_Gooner did you see after the first goal, Howe was screaming at his team and spit out his gum by accident, and caught it while it was falling out of his mouth. Elite reflexes.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Couldn't watch the game at all but the scoreline suggests it was one of those games where everyone played well?
I didn't think so. We played well for the first 26 minutes. Then Guendouzi who I felt had a shocker, got mugged of the ball outside our box and all of a sudden we were 2-1 up but under serious pressure.
IMO, Guendouzi, Torreira and PEA all had terrible games.
Özil, Mikhi, Kos, Laca (When he came on) & Leno had excellent games. Leno made a crucial save at 2-0 as well.

I didn't think so. We played well for the first 26 minutes. Then Guendouzi who I felt had a shocker, got mugged of the ball outside our box and all of a sudden we were 2-1 up but under serious pressure.
IMO, Guendouzi, Torreira and PEA all had terrible games.
Özil, Mikhi, Kos, Laca (When he came on) & Leno had excellent games. Leno made a crucial save at 2-0 as well.

Was you at the game? Guendouzi had a really good game. Yes he made the mistake for the goal and he made that same mistake a few times further up the park but that kid was all over the pitch, covering all over the place, he CONSTANTLY wanted the ball, a minute after his mistake for the goal he happy pitched up the ball from the keeper in the same position under pressure again (that showed some balls). He looked to move the ball forward quickly, His range of passing was good, There was an instance in the second half when he switched the ball over to the left, Got it back, Switched it over to the right both pinpoint passes, Could of had an assist with a neat ball over the top for Lacca aswell.

This is not a biased view, I took a west ham friend to the game last night and he was very impressed.

Overal on the game
Özil and Mhiki apart from the goal and assists didnt really do anything to show they were better then anyone else on the pitch, we really lacked the pace someone like iwobi gives us but obviously iwobi gives very little product. Jenkinson....Well lets hope he doesnt play on Saturday, half of his touches went off the pitch, hardly got involved in the game and didnt really offer anything going forward his runs forward were rare and he struggled to find space, as a wing back he was very poor. His defending was also rubbish, Failed to close down, happily let right footie players come in on the right without any pressure and get a shot away.

Auba...As a lone striker was dominated in the air and physically, His hold up play just didnt exist because he couldnt win the first ball.

There was some bizarre defensive set ups that can only be tactical at points when we had the ball in thier half, We had Kos center of the pitch 5 yard in Bournemouths half, Monreal was 20 yards away on the left and Sokratis the same higher up the pitch on the right. If Bournemouth could counter they could of with 1 pass been 1 on 1 with kos on the half way line. very risky, Wish i took a picture of it.
Our lack of closing down, tackling just allowed Bournemouth onto the edge of our box with such ease.

Still, Wins a win. Onwards and upwards.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Was you at the game? Guendouzi had a really good game. Yes he made the mistake for the goal and he made that same mistake a few times further up the park but that kid was all over the pitch, covering all over the place, he CONSTANTLY wanted the ball, a minute after his mistake for the goal he happy pitched up the ball from the keeper in the same position under pressure again (that showed some balls). He looked to move the ball forward quickly, His range of passing was good, There was an instance in the second half when he switched the ball over to the left, Got it back, Switched it over to the right both pinpoint passes, Could of had an assist with a neat ball over the top for Lacca aswell.

This is not a biased view, I took a west ham friend to the game last night and he was very impressed.

Overal on the game
Özil and Mhiki apart from the goal and assists didnt really do anything to show they were better then anyone else on the pitch, we really lacked the pace someone like iwobi gives us but obviously iwobi gives very little product. Jenkinson....Well lets hope he doesnt play on Saturday, half of his touches went off the pitch, hardly got involved in the game and didnt really offer anything going forward his runs forward were rare and he struggled to find space, as a wing back he was very poor. His defending was also rubbish, Failed to close down, happily let right footie players come in on the right without any pressure and get a shot away.

Auba...As a lone striker was dominated in the air and physically, His hold up play just didnt exist because he couldnt win the first ball.

There was some bizarre defensive set ups that can only be tactical at points when we had the ball in thier half, We had Kos center of the pitch 5 yard in Bournemouths half, Monreal was 20 yards away on the left and Sokratis the same higher up the pitch on the right. If Bournemouth could counter they could of with 1 pass been 1 on 1 with kos on the half way line. very risky, Wish i took a picture of it.
Our lack of closing down, tackling just allowed Bournemouth onto the edge of our box with such ease.

Still, Wins a win. Onwards and upwards.
No, I wasn't at the game I watched it on TV, bit difficult for me to get from JHB to the Emirate mid-week. Which means I had the benefit of replays etc.
Can't agree. I thought Matteo was horrible, constantly gave it away in that bad spell.. Also thought both MIhki and Özil were brilliant last night. Özil could have had two goals and and two assists..
Agree with the rest though.,

Not sure what game everyone else watched but in that 15-20 minute spell where we were on the ropes with a one goal lead at 2-1 both Torreira and Guendouzi were absolutely nowhere. We had no control in midfield. The comments in this thread around half time support that. Add 3 goals and everyone completely forgets about all of it.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Our passing, movement, spacing and positioning looked very good. Specially the collective timing of it all. Thats a very good sign of players getting Emery's message in training.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Press release last week said the cheese room is not going ahead. So looks like he'll just be a loser.

Poor bastard can't catch a break at the moment :lol: Let's heap more misery on him this Saturday to send him off the edge.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
@American_Gooner did you see after the first goal, Howe was screaming at his team and spit out his gum by accident, and caught it while it was falling out of his mouth. Elite reflexes.
Would've been more impressive if he volleyed it straight back into his mouth like Mesut.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Mkhitaryan had his best game in an Arsenal shirt. Guendouzi was very good except for his gaffe. Özil made the difference but we need that more often and against bigger teams.

Don't understand why we had Lolo and Sokratis on for 90 minutes. Well, I do. It means Mustafi starts on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom